Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Well we are on to our 3rd part. Guess this is pretty successful. Thanks for reminding me Carol. You are so needed around here. Had no idea we were that close to the end.

Grateful for the awesome Mods around this place.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for the kind words and for starting Part 3....

Here is link to Part 2..in case someone wants to refresh their memory

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ude-items.html

Enjoy...
Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too am so grateful to those responsible for the safety and well being of this site. Thank you CarolD and everyone else for keeping this site going strong.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I am grateful for -

1. Being able to change plans once again because of weather. Tis the season to go from Spring to Winter. Horse back ride canceled. We'll do it "some time."

2. Son and husband. Its been a great day to be stuck inside and husband has been doing the errands. Love him for that.

3. Son and I having a sleepover in the living room tonight because of the day off of school tomorrow. We will be watching "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." This will be the 2nd showing. Pretty cute movie. Favorite line "We are Mexi-CANS not Mexi-CANTS!"

4. Husband for making tonight's dinner. We are having falafels. A favorite of mine!

5. Warm and cozy home to hang out in today.

6. Netflix! Still the best Christmas gift we've ever received. I highly recommend that for a family that likes movies.

7. Walmart and the convenience of having it so close by. Sometimes it can be a curse though, but today its a blessing.

8. Our lovely pets that make our lives so full of joy.

9. Monopoly!!! Love it now that son can play with me. I've waited a long time for him to grow up enough to understand it. We won't talk about how he beats me by getting Park Place and Boardwalk.

10. Sober, faith, love and peace.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
We won't talk about how he beats me by getting Park Place and Boardwalk.
It's all over now, HL!!!!!

(Just kidding....)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Monday grats:

grateful to be back and reading Part 3!! this is a good thing.

I'm grateful for making it through the whole day at work...(was sick yesterday, vicious bug)

grateful that I am hungry...i haven't had anything except 2 cups of broth since Saturday.

i'm going for some potatoes tonight!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grateful this Monday night for -

1. The fact that Fandy has returned and "appears" to be feeling better. That did NOT sound like fun Ms. Fandy. Not a good way to spend your time on Sunday I must say.

2. That son and I had a wonderful day today. We went to the "Wild Animal Park" and played some video games together. Lots of fun. He couldn't be talked into monopoly and right after my post yesterday. I'll let him have a break. Wonder if there's a way to practice by ones self. LOL!

3. Having a meeting with someone that wants to discuss a way to make some extra money. I'm bringing a friend and btw, I am not the one with the idea on how to make the money. I am the person that wants to make the extra money. Hoping its legit. Meeting at a McDonald's.

4. Being open to things in life and not shutting them down before I've had a chance to hear them out.

5. My dogs and cat that have been driving me crazy for the last hour. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm thinking full moon. That can't be right because we've had the full moon. Spring fever???

6. The amazing creatures that we saw today and how everyone survived the bitter cold spell we had. That was my first question as I stopped in at the desk at the Park. I was worried about those animals. The bear is hibernating and so we missed seeing her today, but everyone else was accounted for.

7. Faith in God and son's growing faith in God. Its a beautiful thing to see.

8. My husband whom I adore.

9. Being sober and present.

10. SR and my friends around this place. You all keep me going and brighten my day in more ways then one. God bless you all.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful this Monday for:

1. Yep, me too Fandy, glad you're feeling better! Hope it's not contagious - you can't pass it through the internet, can ya? :rotfxko (OK, it wasn't quite that funny)

2. Hearing HL talk about her awesome son and their daily adventures. I feel like I almost know him now! Is he still using his popgun? Love that image!

3. Getting a lot of work done over the weekend even though it was beautiful weather. I really had to be firm with myself about sticking to it but I did and it paid off today, so really happy about that. Now I have more to do tonight - ugghh.

4. Dumb TV shows when I just need to veg out for a little. Watched What Not to Wear tonight. Hey, I could use a makeover and a new wardrobe! I've been telling my friends to call Stacey and Clinton for years now...

5. Walked the dog after work and ran into a number of neighbors I rarely see in the winter - I think the great weather brings everyone out of the woodwork. All of the dogs are wiggly and frisky!

6. Hearing from a friend that she had a sudden shift in perspective yesterday that entirely changed the way she is dealing with a few situations in her life - much healthier for her, I think. Glad when people learn and grow - it seems to come in fits and starts sometimes.

7. Frozen bananas. I'm trying so hard to lay off the ice cream! And they really do remind me of banana ice cream.

8. Reading in bed at night. Such a luxurious feeling, even though I can only keep my eyes open for ten minutes, if I'm lucky. Especially nice with a little dog nestled up close.

9. Trusting in God to show me the way, and that he knows better than me.

10. Grat Pack - I love reading all the grats too - about everyone's lives, partners, kids, families, friends. When it's been a hard day, it is nice to come to this peaceful grateful place and lots of great people who I care about!

Have a good night everyone
Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sorry i missed last night...i just shut down after dinner...my chest is actually sore from heaving so hard...but i feel much *thinner*.

I will be back tonight....for my long over due grats....i think i have lost my belch reflex?

going for more broth with some spinach and carrots today and will try a sandwich for lunch.

i'm hoping it is just residual soreness and i didn't break anything...( i watched HOUSE last night where the guy barfed up part of his LUNG)...euwww!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

3. Having a meeting with someone that wants to discuss a way to make some extra money. I'm bringing a friend and btw, I am not the one with the idea on how to make the money. I am the person that wants to make the extra money. Hoping its legit. Meeting at a McDonald's.
Not that you asked, but: Amway or Rainbow vacs? Those are my two guesses . Glad you are taking a friend with you, that is smart.

I second what Sneeze said... It's great to read everyone's updates. I enjoy feeling so connected to you guys.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yep, i first thought Amway too....

Tuesday night grats:

not worrying too much about losing my belch reflex...i hope it repairs itself (AHH! yes, it just did)!! first time i have bleched since Sunday.

grateful that my brother agrees with me about my mother...(I have Medical POA, it's not easy).

grateful that i was able to walk my dog twice today..he enjoyed "scaring" mr. Bunny-Raboots.....it is cold, bone-chilling cold, but we walked fast which is good too...got all the poopies out.

grateful that i did 2 loads of laundry this AM and got fresh clean sheets on the bed....

grateful that i made my BFF happy with her early birthday gift (A sachi satin stripe lunch purse, very chic, looks like a coach for $18.00).

grateful for another sober day and night...which leads to ....

Rule #62!

being able to pay all my bills on time and keep doing it for the last 9-10 months..wow!

getting some exercise, getting restful sleep regularly.

finding a good recipe for cashew chocolate pie...can't wait to make this one!

being kind to Mr. Fandy (or trying not to being flippant at least)..the comment about his mother on whiners doesn't count....she does have more wrinkles than the sea turtle and he never will see it.

grateful to feel mental peace...it is a good start.

fresh baked grats in the morning!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Fandy))) (((Rusty))) (((Sneezy))) (((Reub))) (((Least)))

Just needed to get that out of the way and now on to my formal grats.

I am grateful for -

1. An interesting meeting. It was similar to Amway, but they are the only one that does it. Its a health care selling pyramid type situation. Not interested in pursuing that one. I don't have the money to buy the products. They are mucho expensive and I can't sell something I haven't used myself. Avon was a disaster and I realized I'm just not a salesperson. Ah well! I don't consider it a waste of time. It was interesting and another notch of experience.

2. Getting over disappointment so much better these days. If I look hard enough I can pull the gratitude out of any speck of disappointment. As far as the meeting went I learned some things AND my friend that went with me has hired me to stuff about 300 envelopes for her. Hey its 20 bucks I didn't have before. I will take that and be very grateful.

3. Pistachios. Just enjoyed a little bowl of them with my son. I think I like the salt on them as much if not more then the nuts themselves. I'm nuts don't ya know.

4. Knowing with a certainty that what I worry about today will mean very little when I'm laying on my death bed. I don't think bills are going to be flying through my head at that time. I will be looking towards a beautiful, peaceful existence and did I make a difference and was I blessing to someone in the world. That's all that will matter.

5. Figuring "some" things out and learning I have a lot MORE to learn before that day comes.

6. My husband and my son to which my world revolves around.

7. God that makes it ALL possible in my life. He is the Universe in my opinion.

8. Our animals that bring such light and laughter into our lives. I love them all so much!

9. My friend that got thrown from a horse last night and did NOT break anything. Her husband that also got thrown and is healing from a sore hip. Nothing broken that we know of. Its an amazement the number of times they've been thrown. I was so lucky as when I grew up riding I was never thrown, but I had a pretty calm horse. Miss her dearly.

10. Being sober and feeling at peace with the world.

xxxx Good night all!! Sleep deep and sleep well.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

****{S}}} (wink)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((HL))) - double wink!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

stay away from the pyramids...your garage will be filled with outrageous health care products you paid too much for...(JMHO)

Wednesdays grats are quite good!

grateful for good news from my accountant! i seem to have shaved 13 years off of my mortgage since i funneled the "booze allowance into the extra Principal payments...

grateful to feel good about doing something sensible and smart

grateful for a big fat tax refund which goes into my bathroom remodelling....(gutting starts in April).

grateful to finally take time off next week and cook dinner for the family

grateful to have taken the dog for a nice long walk in actual DAYLIGHT! i got home from work a whole hour early.

grateful for a bad mood lifting, i dealt with my problems, solved as best I could today and then put it away until tomorrow at work....it is not lurking on top of my head.

grateful for a great dinner tonight (ravioli and salad.

back later!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm staying far away from them Fandy. The only good thing from Avon was the boxes the stuff came in. Great for storing son's school work from year to year.

I am grateful today for -

1. A friend that is paying me not $20, but .15 cents an envelope to do this stuffing and there's around 300 of them. Not bad!!! $45 for stuffing envelopes. Should go into business doing that, but . . .

2. My friend, whose a realtor, said that if I can research this marketing website and get some info for her that leads to some follow through clients then she will give me a cut of her commission. I have always been interested in real estate and this is a grand opportunity. Extremely grateful for this.

3. That it is true that when God closes one door he opens another. Liking the open doors.

4. For my son that is rocking out his homework right now.

5. The Blue and Gold Banquet we are going to tonight for dinner. Its a yearly boy scouts event and we are ALL looking forward to it. Potluck and I am hopeful I can find something veggie like. If that's not possible I'll just eat the cookie-brownies I made. Real healthy.

6. The beautiful spring like weather we are enjoying lately. Just gorgeous.

7. My afternoon cup of coffee. Really needed it. Boyscouts doesn't end until 8:30 pm and that's late for this bird. I know. I'm sad.

8. Having hope and faith in life. Really pulls you through at times.

9. God!!!!

10. Being sober and SR and all the peeps in SR.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

3. Pistachios. Just enjoyed a little bowl of them with my son. I think I like the salt on them as much if not more then the nuts themselves. I'm nuts don't ya know.
Nuts... in one way they are my biggest weakness and another way they are my biggest strength Omega 3's... I do eat a lot of them, at 110 lbs. I can afford the extra "good" fat. I love Pistachios. I usually eat them while working during the day... it keeps me busy.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to be here giving grats instead of in a dark place.

i'm grateful for my friends and family both here and IRL

i'm knowing that i can be active with my pets and give them the best care along with love.

grateful for getting through a very busy day with lots of obstacles.

looking forward to tomorrow.

we will keep pushing forward,l because going back would be a nightmare.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You CAN afford to eat them IWBWI! 110 pounds? Wow!! I'm 5' 7' and am fairly certain I will never weigh 110 pounds.

I am grateful for -

1. Getting the envelopes done and mailed! Glad its done and out of the house. Our little house is too crowded with all that sorting and stuff.

2. Having finished the ironing. Don't have to do it this weekend. Big plus!

3. My mother in law calling from Llbean to see what I needed. I have a nice blue cardigan coming when they visit next weekend. Gotta love that woman! Son has a nice spring jacket coming also.

4. Being able to relax a bit now that deadlines are finished. Just have to make copies at the school tomorrow and that's it. Maybe grocery shop.

5. Accomplishing everything I had planned today. Its a good feeling.

6. Doing a collage of pictures of my son from birth to present for a school project. It was fun, but very emotional to see all those pictures and how fast the time has gone.

7. Husband and son and my wonderful pet family.

8. Sleep. I'm going to sleep really nicely tonight.

9. Faith, love and hope.

10. Being sober and being content. Goodnight all. Its 7 pm and I'm ready to hit the hay.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

3. My mother in law calling from Llbean to see what I needed.

Wow, she WORKS at LLBean? How cool and yes, I'll bet you get some nice stuff from time to time!

Grateful this Thursday for:

1. The fact that it is Thursday. And tomorrow is Friday. Yee-hoo! Yes, I am ready for the weekend.

2. My friend who is such a breath of fresh air. I ran into her right after a not so wonderful meeting with people being pretty crabby, and she was so positive and uplifting - it's just her personality. Really lifted my spirits. So grateful for people like her.

3. My neighbor who helps with dog care when I can't get home in time to let her out. She loves to do it, so it's a win-win - they don't have a dog, and mine is their surrogate. Sometimes I think my dog would like us to have shared custody because she loves them so much.

4. That I climbed some mountains at work this week and got to the top and over. Now I get to take the ski lift down and have a nice weekend with nothing I HAVE to do. Ahhh.......

5. Tulips coming up - and I thought the squirrels had dug them up! Guess they didn't get them all.

6. Discovering a Turkish restaurant in my neighborhood that I didn't know existed. Had some yummy chicken shish kebabs. The owners are really nice too.

7. Saving more money this month than I thought I would Have been trying to stick to a budget better, only grocery shop once a week, and keep eating out to a minimum. (Umm.....well, there WAS the Turkish restaurant ) It feels good to have better control over my money and to stop and think before spending.

8. Being able to make it through a stressful week without once feel unsteady in my sobriety. Living a sober life has become the new normal for me and that is such a great feeling.

9. This beautiful world of ours. Starting to see just a few little signs of spring (bulbs coming up, the beginnings of buds on the trees). Love the spring and the sense of possibilities and fresh starts.

10. God's love and care, always. SR, the Grat Forum, and everyone else who gives me so much.

Sleep well, GP!