Notices

I'm drinking now after 8 years sobriety

Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm drinking now after 8 years sobriety

Yes as the title say I have succumbed to the evil drink and I feel suicidal already, I hate the taste and the feeling but cant stop, i'm pissed off with meetings and life, i have loads of support as i have 1 2 stepped many but i don't want to listen because "i know it all"... the only thing i don't know is how to put the top back on the bottle.. i'm arrogant and angry right now. how did it happen????, i was doing so well. i feel like ending it all...
Old 11-07-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hang in there. Just pour the booze down the drain. Can you do that?
Old 11-07-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you are seriousl about self harm, please call 911. Otherwise, maybe you can pour out the remainder of your bottle and keep posting here with us until you can sleep?

Many of us have been there. No reason to give up. This small slip can stop now.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD

You still there paddy? Talk to us.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You still there paddy? Talk to us.
yes i am still here but dont know for how long, i have a blade in my hand and want to cut myself as i have done before, i'm just feeling so low... I have nothing to live for anymore...
Old 11-07-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD

You don't want to do that. Is there sometime there you can talk too? Can you call 911?
Old 11-07-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JD

What happened that made you decide to drink?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You don't want to do that. Is there sometime there you can talk too? Can you call 911?
they don't want to know, they just ask me stupid questions like @who is the president of Ireland, what day is it?? bla bla bla , I'm not stupid, just suicidal, they then leave me go with a couple of relaxers which I swallow all of them and feel the same way a few hours later again.... I even have some here, proobably more than they would give me....
Old 11-07-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

If you are beyond human aid Paddy, all I can suggest is prayer. How about the third step prayer?

"God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, tha
t I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

As Jung said to Roland H," your only hope is some kind of spiritual experience", and that proved to be true for me when I found myself in similar circumstances to yourself. It seems a working relationship with the God of my understanding was even more important than AA and meetings, in bringing about permanent recovery.

I'll pray for you paddy, and if you are not too happy with your own Higher Power, you are welcome to use mine. God bless.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JD

Are you in the hospital? Who's asking you the questions?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
If you are beyond human aid Paddy, all I can suggest is prayer. How about the third step prayer?

"God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, tha
t I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

As Jung said to Roland H," your only hope is some kind of spiritual experience", and that proved to be true for me when I found myself in similar circumstances to yourself. It seems a working relationship with the God of my understanding was even more important than AA and meetings, in bringing about permanent recovery.

I'll pray for you paddy, and if you are not too happy with your own Higher Power, you are welcome to use mine. God bless.
Thank you mike, you are too kind, i have prayed but i'm bleeding now, maybe i will be found, maybe not... i'm in gods hands now... god bless you all and anyone of you who is thinking of drinking, this is the outcome...
Old 11-07-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Paddy, prayers are answered sometimes with some direction to take some action.

My God is saying Paddy, call for help. Ring your AA firends and do what they suggest. Call the emergency services. Your friends need you. They don't want to lose you. Pick up the phone Paddy.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Paddy, prayers are answered sometimes with some direction to take some action.

My God is saying Paddy, call for help. Ring your AA friends and do what they suggest. Call the emergency services. Your friends need you. They don't want to lose you. Pick up the phone Paddy.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Can anyone do something?????
Old 11-07-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Call for help paddy. You aren't thinking straight.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
Thank you mike, you are too kind, i have prayed but i'm bleeding now, maybe i will be found, maybe not... i'm in gods hands now... god bless you all and anyone of you who is thinking of drinking, this is the outcome...
Whoa. If you're still reading here Paddy, please call an ambulance. Things may seem bleak now, but that can change.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Call 911 or go to the hospital. At least call a suicide prevention hotline from the phonebook. Call a friend, neighbour, someone. I have problems too, I have no friends, no job, no life, no girl friend, no kids, basically nothing to go on and yes I have had these suicidal thoughts when I drink lots. The next day they are gone and I dunno where these evil thoughts came from.

Please get help if you are going to end your life.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nothing is worth killing yourself over! Please call someone for help there's no shame in asking for help!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Paddy, please call for help. When I drink I have suicidal thoughts as well. They are better when I am not drinking. Please call for help. You are in my prayers.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you've reached out for some help Paddyjnr.
We care - but there's only so much we as a message board can do for you. You need to fight for your own survival.

Suicide Prevention - Ireland
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html