Authenticity V

Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by puffy View Post
Hey Robby,
Finally some good news. I had my PET scan today and the doctor called me this afternoon and said everything looks great. The cancer hasn't spread anywhere else. I can breathe a little easier today. MRI tomorrow and surgeon on Monday.
Staying Positive,
Puffy
(((Puffy))) I'm so happy for you!! This is way awesome news!! Simply the best news my friend

Best to you on your MRI tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

That's terrific, Puffy!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Brynn, Dee, courage, Venetia, Imperfect, zenchaser, Gilmer, Robby and the rest of the gang. Thanks for caring!

Gilmer- thanks for always checking up on me. I would hide in a hole if it wasn't for you.

Puffy
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

(((Amy))) I hope the new meds work as planned.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to read your good news Puffy

D
Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Puffy, I'm so pleased to hear your news, and am sending a big hug to Amy. Depression is the pits, I'm glad you are seeking new treatments. I didn't realise I was depressed for years when I was younger, I thought it was just normal to live in the dark. I hope the new meds kick in soon.

I'm working so hard at the moment, I'm not getting much down time. I need to make sure I find a balance somehow. My life starts going off balance sometimes and it leads nowhere good.

Love and light to Rob and Melissa, and all contributors.

Thinking of Vic too...if you are reading along, this is for you ...❤️

Have a great day ❤️❤️❤️
Old 07-02-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Great news Puffy! Good luck today.

Amy hope the new meds give you some relief.

Robbie and Melissa big hugs and lots of love.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Yoo Hoo!

Exquisite timing there on your part there dear Jeni , wishing me well just as I reached the last page so far. I've bee reading entire slabs of a few days' posts of all our little community is going through - usually in the night time just before bed, so often end up so sleepy I have to shut the PC down and lights out - so as to be up and at 'em for the usual rehab style morning routines.

this joint is a St John of God facility, devoted solely to both AOD (about 16 or 18 beds) and every conceivable variety of psychiatric illness (30 plus beds). So fantastic for us dual diagnosis addicts. Am in currently with roughly half n half alkies and other drugs bods. The usual turnover of people you've only just met for a few days, and a crop leaves to be immediately followed by a new crop. I'm totally committed to staying a full 28 days, and then to do some outpatient groups thereafter - all that part yet to be planned in its detail.

Probably too much to tell you right now, as getting sleepy (finally off the damn valium the last two days so yay!!!). But I so so so wanted to at least check in with all of you dear people, and to tell you that I've very carefully followed each and every theme and issue as it's arisen and developed. Much love to every one of you from afar - and yet, not far at all, know what I mean???

I'll do my best to rave on a bit more with stories and my inner experiences sometime in coming days, probably on the weekend when there's larger slabs of free time and I don't really want to go anywhere for weekend leave. Feeling very cared for and safe and even appreciated lots by various staff and selected patients here, so very affirming. I hope I've been doing the same for some as well, which is a very heart warming feeling - after all those horrible groundhog day months of solitary drinking and near-misanthropy.

Love and hugs to you all, whether you're in the rains or the heat of the land, body and / or heart. xx Vic
Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you! Xoxo
Old 07-02-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi Robby, Melissa, and everyone.

I've been in a weird mental state in the last ~couple weeks since returning from my travels (and I'm not surprised at the least), but can finally say that my mind is pretty much back to normal... my normal, whatever that is Working intensely on projects in the past several days that require hardcore concentration and rational, down-to-earth thinking has helped tremendously -- it always does. Almost always. I also quite like when my mind is in that "space travel mode" going to all sorts of weird places, it's a sort of natural high and can be highly productive if I channel it into something worthwhile... but a few days (and especially weeks) at a time are enough. I also plan a busy weekend with fun activities. It's still always a thrill to look forward to days (and weeks) packed with interesting things to do without drinking, and without the desire to drink

Puffy, I'm also very glad for your getting good news from the tests and I hope your medical team with work with you effectively to find a good solution with as little discomfort as possible.

Amy, glad you have new options to try for the depression.

Vic, yes good to hear from you and that the rehab is a decent experience so far.

Have a great day/night (and weekend), all
Old 07-02-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great news Puffy

Afternoon Robby & Melissa hope your weather isnt as humid as mine
Old 07-02-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks -- I'm waiting for a morning work meeting -- it will probably stretch into the afternoon, sigh, because these people like to talk out every detail. I hope you all have a pleasant day.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

puffy, i'm happy for you about the PET news, and Amy, i hope the new meds will give you some relief. great to see you pop in, Vic.
spent Canada Day with the entire family at one of my sisters' homes, where we always celebrate my mom's b-day (july 1). this year, without my mom.

my mom, of course, is in the hospital. not recovering well from the hip fracture/replacement since her dementia interferes with motivation, co-operation, attempts at rehab.
so i saw her on my way home.
dementia is a scary scene, moments of lucidity and sweetness sprinkled with paranoid accusations and just...lostness.

greetings to all, and good wishes.

Robby and Melissa...makes total sense to me you'd end up, between you, with all the hotels, the railroads, Park Place.....ha YAY!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi guys and gals

So we all had some wonderful fireworks in our back yard at the rivers edge. Really nice show. Super loud lol. The rain held off even though the skies were dark and heavy, and the wind was chilly. We all had good fun over the last few days despite all the rain. They are now on the road back to Boston.

We have finalized our offer to purchase for the new home for Melissa after I pass. We have a closing date of Sept 1st. I'm grateful we have this well underway and don't anticipate any remarkable issues before closing. We'll now turn our attentions to selling our home in Lincoln. This will be best done before end of summer. Really don't want to carry it through the winter. It will be a good deal for the buyer as we want a quick sale. Our prime home here in Ottawa will be for sale after I pass. The practical arrangements will be already organized as much as is possible. A lot of planning now saves us a lot of worries at a later time while in hospice when we won't want to be bothered by estate planning and other business concerns. We have a 2pm at the bank today to further our purposes. It does get a bit gritty as this proactive approach really brings home my mortality. No matter. I'm very pleased to not leave my beloved (((Melissa))) with a mess of paperwork, financials, and so on and whatever.

(((Victoria))) so good to hear you're feeling cared for and safe in your rehab. You're sounding very strong and sure of your purposes and commitment to yourself! I'm way proud of you!

Have a great day and evening everybody!!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

(((Robby)))
What you have just described about those practical responsibilities and arrangements... this is yet again something for which my uttermost respect goes out to you, and to Melissa for going through the whole thing together with you. This kind of responsibility is something I feel very strongly about, not only because I've been through sort of the equivalent of it with my father during the past couple years (and still ongoing), but also because it's a very important part of my value system in general... but I have not always followed it, especially during my worst drinking times. But I plan to handle it similarly when my time comes, which is of course unpredictable, but I do want to take care of such things at least as far as it's within my control. Your example is a sad, but wonderful reminder

Glad you had a nice Canada Day with fireworks and all
Old 07-02-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Do your best

Robby words cant really describe what i think after reading that one thing jumped to mind & it was Optimus Prime sounds silly but thats how you remind me a good man a great leader someone i know i can trust someone i know i can talk to

Have a nice evening Robby & Melissa
Old 07-02-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Old 07-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you enjoyed the fireowrks Rob

Have a good weekend everyone.

Good to hear from you Vic

D
Old 07-02-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just popping into to say goodnight Robby & Melissa
Old 07-02-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Robby, I've been thinking about your last post this afternoon....trying to put myself in your position (which is obviously impossible) and thinking how surreal it must seem to you as you take these tangible steps toward a physical closure. One things for certain....you don't live in denial. I am astounded by just how 'real' a life you truly live.

It's really good to hear you doing so well, Victoria !! .