Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 27

Old 11-25-2023, 08:31 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I am so touched by your kindness. I feel so much support from you all. I'm not sure where I'm going to move. My sister said that Nevada doesn't charge tax on SS, so maybe northern NV may be an option or maybe the south Oregon coast. In some ways I'd like to stay local because of my doctors, etc. I just wish I felt better. I think, like Purps and Sao mentioned it may be a blessing in disguise. Zen and Chloe, I feel so much gratitude for you.
Thank you so much. I have so much gratitude for you all and am humbled by your kindness. Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:59 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Just getting back from camping, zero cell service which is a mixed blessing, but I'm here catching up. Aly, I'm sorry your family is doing this to you in such a thoughtless, heartless, underhanded way but I see opportunities like this as God holding a door open for us to a peaceful way of life, it's just that the journey to get there may have some bumps along the way. I hope you're just able to take it slow and make the best decisions for yourself

Camping on the Colorado River was nice. Not exactly peaceful with the powerboats racing by but it quieted down for the night and the morning dawned beautifully. I managed to paddle my kayak for a bit yesterday, my wife and I make yummy camp meals, and I love percolator camping coffee!
Old 11-26-2023, 03:19 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Astro…sounds like a great trip!

Up this morning enjoying a cup of coffee….have a good one folks!
Old 11-26-2023, 03:27 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Up early along with Gator enjoying some coffee
Old 11-26-2023, 04:24 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Up with my coffee and cat petts done for now

I am going to move over to the Mental Health Forum (Willcat is my member name) to address my PTSD. There is more support for people like me there. Not to say you guys are not good for that, I just need to put more focus on that with likewise people. I will check in here from time to time and the evening grat thread too. I feel solid in my addiction recovery with a daily treatment plan in active practice. There is an addiction forum there too. So I can lend a hand there to help others recover as I am doing here.

Make it a great day for yourself. I have done the same for me this wonder filled morning of the day

Aly everything will work out. You do your part and leave the rest for God to take care of.
Old 11-26-2023, 05:32 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Willcat, don't stay away long please, you have support here too and we help each other in this community so your seat here is always kept warm, waiting for your return.

I'm gulping down some iced coffee and heading off to work the Cardinals/Rams game. Long day ahead, hopefully the weather is nice.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good luck Zen in your quest. We always appreciate your contributions and life story here. Please don't be a stranger!

I too love sipping my coffee in a quiet house.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-26-2023, 07:01 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

It snowed this morning...down with the Thanksgiving decorations... Up with the Winter Wonderland decor...for now!
Old 11-26-2023, 01:58 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Zen, I hope you don't stay away. We love you here! You have such great contributions to this thread. You can post on both maybe? I know I will really miss you if you leave.
Stayed in bed all day. I should go and get the mail, etc. I just feel so crappy. I wish I could snap out of it. Everytime I think of this situation and my God forsaken family I start having tears come out. Thank you all so much for your kindness and support. Zen, I hope you'll stay around. I will really miss you if you don't. 💗
Thank you all again. Love and peace to you all.
Old 11-27-2023, 03:20 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Up with coffee and a nice quiet house to start my day! Well, chemo week is here…I meet with the oncologist first this morning to discuss progress, then blood draw, then proceed with the chemo infusion if my white blood cell numbers are above 1.0.
You guys have a good day!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:43 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Best of luck with the chemo week gatorman!

Have a good start to the week everyone!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:50 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Best of luck Gator, I will be with you in spirit
Zen, don't stay away too long. Always enjoy seeing you here on SR
Up kind of early. Have a great day all
Old 11-27-2023, 05:03 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Come visit us Zen, your energy is appreciated.
I notice almost all Earlies are on your SR friend list...don't be a stranger as Star says

Little Monday ahead, I've started a new game that I love so far : Far Cry 5
Serious gaming today since it will rain all day.

Courage Gator - sending you my best koala vibes ☼
Old 11-27-2023, 07:18 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

CK I'm back LOL, I made a promise (Dee74 Cool Dude Administrator) to stay of SR for a while. If I just post here and the gratitude thread I will be mellow. One PTSD born problem plages me in sobriety. I'm working on it. I get triggered (religion) on the main forums. My emotions hit the roof, not thinking straight, I get angry and flame other members or the thread, It takes me a whole day to calm down. Yecchy! I feel like crap afterwards.

People like you all here can praise the lord all you want. The religions of my friends does not trigger me. Just have to friend the world I think.

ODAAT with some sweet coffee I will overcome my issues. I have a plan I am working on. Make it a good day fellers
Old 11-27-2023, 07:32 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

gatorman, wishing you the best during chemo week, and praying for your ongoing courage, strength, and bravery.

Quiet work from home day, started with a healthy meal and iced pumpkin spice coffee. Going to take a drive up near one of the desert lakes this afternoon and hunt quail, which I've never had any success at, my wife prays for their safety!
Old 11-27-2023, 08:56 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Gatorman, sending you love and prayers this week. I know the chemo must be rough. Thinking of you and know I am sending good thoughts. 💗
Zen, glad to see you. I will try not to say things that trigger you. You have always been so kind and respectful of my beliefs and I respect your process. I suffer from PTSD too which causes my anxiety to go out of control too. It is very complicated and we have to do the right thing. I am very glad to see you back.
SG, I don't think I watched much football at all this weekend, except for FSU. How are your Eagles doing? I saw Penn State, did they win? I hope you and your family are well. All good wishes to you.
Grateful for the kindness on this thread. So grateful for you all.
I am waiting for the Repair person to call back. The fuse box I think is messed up and the fridge still isn't working. I hope they call me back. I can't order groceries until I get the fridge fixed.
Have a wonderful day. Love and peace to you all.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:29 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
saoutchik

All the best gatorman, I hope it all goes well.

Glad you are not leaving us Zen, I would miss your posts. You have insights on things that I would never have thought of. I did not know you had PTSD (or Aly for that matter)

Good luck with the new game CK. I play Golf Clash online, I have got to the stage where I would need to pay money to improve, aomething I have mostly resisted due to meanness but I am tempted.

Your camping trip sounds good Astro, I read some tentative proposals to start re-wilding some of the middle or lower stretches of the Colorado River. I hope it happens.

Heard a few stories of drunken high jinx at Friday's "do" but nothing too colourful. They are a sober bunch by my former standards.

Is Valentine on vacation?
Old 11-28-2023, 03:08 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Zen, happy to see you will be here with us. Triggers sure can be tough

Up having coffee. Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-28-2023, 03:12 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Up, quiet house,,.wife still sleeping. Got coffee, life is good.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:35 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

sao, I wouldn't be disappointed if they decommissioned all the dams along the Colorado River and restored everything to it's natural, pristine state but I guess we need our hydroelectric power and well Lake Powell is sorta a pretty place I think it would be cool to see the river raging through the Grand Canyon like it did in all its glory though!

I can hear and smell the coffee brewing. No success at quail hunting yesterday but I got a nice hike in. Now my feet are swollen and hurting again.