Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 27

Old 11-23-2023, 05:41 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Mornings are the best part of the day for me, and I agree, coffee and a slice of pumpkin pie would be great, although I am starting to lose some weight so maybe I oughta stay on track!

Safe travels to you if you're out on the road today or flying, and have a beautiful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2023, 08:00 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

This short clip is for you Purps
You who cares so much about dogs, I think you will like it.

It comes from a dog sanctuary for disabled dogs, most of these dogs couldn’t walk much less run, without their wheels.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Old 11-23-2023, 08:06 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Soooo cute CK!
Old 11-23-2023, 09:12 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Unfortunately, I got an email from my most hated sister. I guess she had a meeting with the nursing home, I wasn't invited, She told me mom is going into assisted living in Feb and I have to be out of the house by a certain time. I started throwing up. Talk about being thrown under the bus. The day before Thanksgiving. I still don't feel well. The housekeepers managed to somehow turn off the fridge and the microwave. I checked the fuses. I don't know what the problem is. Unfortunately, all though I am grateful for my blessings and I know that I will be taken care of. I just didn't see any of this coming. My mother and sisters are really odious people.
Aside from me having a lousy Thanksgiving weekend, wishing you all the best. Love and peace to all of you. Happy Thanksgiving to some of my favorite people. Have a blessed and happy day.
I'm staying in bed for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm not going to see my mother that's for sure. I may or may not go to my sister's for Thanksgiving. I'd like to see my niece and nephews. I feel so lousy that I don't know that I want to see anyone in my family right now.
Love you all. Have a wonderful day and sending you all my blessings.
Old 11-23-2023, 10:50 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's horrible Aly, and to do it by email too. In all honesty I think you will feel a lot better without them in your life on a daily basis. Stay strong and do what is best for you. I'll be rooting for you.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:05 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Ugh Aly I’m so sorry! I hope you find a better place just for you…maybe this is your chance to break away and start fresh! But still, what fill-in-the-blanks!!!
Old 11-24-2023, 02:48 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Aly,
I cried when I read your post.
Hope today is better and brighter. Sending love & prayers.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Aly…feeling for you. I’m up same time almost every day….coffee in hand. We had a great Thanksgiving Day for the family here at the house. Always fun!
Old 11-24-2023, 03:27 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

This is pretty bad Aly, I'm sorry that you have to go through this.
Courage, it will pass

Have a good Friday friends ☼
Old 11-24-2023, 03:38 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Aly, sorry for the horrible news, especially when they told you via email. As Purps said, maybe this is the opportunity you can use to finally start your life over in a positive direction of your choosing. You are a strong individual and will get through this. Things will be far better for you down the road, though you will likely encounter a few bumps and detours along the way. Be grateful for the experiences you have had, and be ready to live in the present moment living the life you want to live. I am actually quite excited for you!

We had a big Thanksgiving dinner at our house yesterday. Today, my sister and I will go to my parents and do another Thanksgiving meal for them. I will be done with turkey for a while, except for the inevitable turkey soup that follows.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Aly, sorry this happened to you. You had talked about moving to the SE coast..Maybe this is the time

Up and enjoying coffee
Old 11-24-2023, 07:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I am sad too Aly for the heartless and cold way your family treats you. You are far better a person they will ever hope to be. You have us here. I can help with research for a new location. You like the beach. SC has wonderful white sand beaches. Bless your heart

Up about 4:40 am, coffee ritual with my morning addiction treatments here at SR (hi guys) and overall improvement of my lot.
Thanks day I went over to some good AA program friends I met some 23 years ago. Got a BDay and sober 1 year gift. Family went down to the SoCal way in Redondo Beach at my nieces. All is well a my compound
Old 11-24-2023, 08:44 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for you support. I still feel pretty sick. I think I am just going to stay home today. My sister was going to stop over, I think, but I kind of hope she doesn't. I'm not feeling up for company.
I am so grateful for you, my friends. It makes me feel like I'm not going crazy to be validated and supported by you all. I am happy for my second family here and the very special people here. I'm just scared I guess. Thank you for being there for me. I so appreciate you all.
Alpine I hope your feeling better and Gator too. Love and peace to you all. Thank you for for your kindness and friendship.
Old 11-24-2023, 09:23 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The sober you can come through this with flying colours Aly and you'll feel proud of yourself when it's all done.

I wish I could give a more considered reply but I'm in a bit of a hurry as it is the firm's Xmas "do" tonight. I no longer dread it but it does make me feel old.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:24 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Slept well, up early and enjoying coffee in my recliner chair. Can't complain.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:33 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Aly,
You have a friend in me here in Wisconsin if you are ever here!
Old 11-25-2023, 02:49 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Glad to be here sober for morning coffee w/ good peeps

Old 11-25-2023, 03:27 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Up enjoying the quiet house and coffee. Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-25-2023, 05:13 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning early's, I got to bed at 1.45am. Paid a small fortune for an Uber for myself and a couple of slightly-worse-for-wear younger persons. To be fair to them they were in a lot better shape than I used to be at their age.

Had a late-ish breakfast by my standards. It was too cold to have it on the balcony but it is a bright sunny day. Good stuff.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:40 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Stayed in bed all night sleeping other that a cig and hit the head, up 5 am-ish. Feeling hopeful for what the day will bring.

Aly holdfast, We are here to help. Chloe will help and I can do web stuff like searching for a rental, aid foundations, or whatever. I can even book appointments for you if you want. I will help lessen your load buddy. You will rise above all this and be stronger from it.