Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 25

Old 09-04-2023, 08:59 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

SG, FSU looked awesome yesterday. I'm glad to see them ranked in the top ten. They'll probably move up after handing it to LSU last night. That was an inspiring game! Thanks for the mention.
Have a great day all. Love and peace to you all.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:02 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope you all have a grrrrrreat day your side of the pond.

Just north of where I work the local council are spending £600K on a gentrification project which I have just discovered is to be called the Blackhorse Road Beer Mile. How depressing.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:55 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Up at 5 and it's Two for Twos-day!

Have a good day Earlies! ☼
Old 09-05-2023, 04:03 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I was up before 2, but managed to sleep a little longer after turning on an old movie

Coffee time!
Old 09-05-2023, 04:24 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Checking in…have a greatday!
Old 09-05-2023, 05:07 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Awake early about 5:00 AM.

A cool breeze is coming in the window and only upper 60’s forecast today. It will be nice to not melt in the car.

I’m digging into my laundry today after running a couple of errands. I think of you Aly when it’s laundry time. I have 2 prescriptions to pick up at Walgreens. Luckily it’s now 2 blocks away and I can use the drive through. If I go in I always find something I think I need like candy.

The son saga continues but at least I feel better. He never showed up yesterday and all kinds of text lies and stories. It’s like a soap opera episode and I’m changing the channel.

That is a strange and depressing name sao. I would not like to drive by that every day. We have drive through liquor stores all over town which depresses me. My brother was raised on the east coast and was shocked when he visited. One of them has slushy to go drinks.

I am off for more coffee. Have a good Tuesday everyone.

​​​​​
​​​
​​​​

Old 09-05-2023, 05:08 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Sorry you are dealing with all of that/this with your son Val. He should be beyond grateful for all you are doing. I know you are doing it for her which is awesome..I just wish he would see that. I am truly happy she has you in her life.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:52 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((Val))) I'm really impressed with your care for your granddaughter, and wish your son treated you so much better. Thank you for being a good grandparent, because that's a good role model for me!

I'm a little at my wits end with humanity right now, after doing what seemed like 100's of bag searches at work yesterday and dealing with unpleasant people on the other end, I'm just worn down and frazzled. I'll get over it eventually.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:07 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hope you find some peace today, Astro!
Old 09-05-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Astro, I can't even imagine how unpleasant people can get. Must get rather tiring and disheartening
Old 09-05-2023, 06:23 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Astro, people should be used to the routines by now. Most venues I visit are drop keys, wallet, phone into a container and walk through the metal detector, pick up stuff on other side. I like this far better than the intrusive pat downs of pre Covid times.

Val, sorry for the continued drama. We will be about thirty degrees warmer today.

I don't think that I mentioned on this thread that I was unexpectedly let go from my job last week after eighteen years for "creating a hostile work environment " towards an employee. This from a person I have know and worked with off and on for nearly my entire career and considered a good friend. I don't know what caused them to suddenly decide I was toxic, but it is what it is. I am enjoying a little down time before planning my next moves. If it wasn't for needing to procure health insurance, I could probably just retire at this point, but with the US being a country with the thinnest of safety nets, I will likely seek out work once again.

Have a good day all!

Old 09-05-2023, 06:36 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

CK, it's perpetually Taco 🌮 Tuesday in California. Now it is Two Tacos's 🌮 🌮 Twos-day At Chloe Cafe.
Val, I Hope your son stops the "bad theater" performance soon. People who are acting up can be intolerable at times. I feel you.
Purps, have a good day, enjoy your coffee.
Astro, I need the patience of Job to deal with people. Perhaps post a huge sign "No Talking In This Zone". Say; Hush, Zip It, and Shush when people break the no-talking rule. 🤣
To all other GPer: Make it a good day. Don't wait for it to drop in your lap. Do It.

My Morning Affirmation.
"Making mistakes comes with learning. Some of the learning comes from trial and error. I get into uncharted territory and I stumble
Such is life. Acceptance of the things that cause me growing pains is essential to the process. A willingness to push myself comes with surprises good and bad gives me the strength to forge ahead."

Grateful to have the drive to grow continually forward.

Everybody for being here with me so I don't have to recover all alone.
Know you all mean theto me
I'm off to save the world

Old 09-05-2023, 06:43 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Oh no Star...
I'm so sorry for you for this abrupt end after 18 years of loyal service.
I see you over the years going to work in a rush because the freezers were broken or there was no power.
Or your series of swing shifts without ever missing.
This doesn't make sense but "s**t happens" as said Forest Gump

The good news is that you will grieve SOBER, which is already a good start!
I don't worry about you, you will surely find another employer who will see all your extraordinary qualities.
Good luck my friend

Zen, I'll have one two tacos with you at Chloe's Cafe! 🌮 🌮
Old 09-05-2023, 07:44 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

, gatorman!
Old 09-05-2023, 08:23 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Gatorman! Thinking of you and all you are going through right now.

SG, I am soooo sorry about TJs. What a shame. You probably had too much seniority and were making too much. That's how they get rid of long term loyal employees. I can't imagine you making a workplace hostile for anyone. On to something bigger and better. Maybe you won't have to expend so much energy at the next job. Health insurance in this country is a bitch. I understand the need. Take good care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 💗 Everything happens for a reason. There is probably something good waiting for you out there.
I slept in a bit as I barely slept last night. I feel ok though. I have to get up out of bed and hop in the shower. My mom ordered groceries that are supposed to be delivered around noon. Thank God for delivery.
Val, it really is admirable how good you are to your granddaughter. So sorry your son is being such a putz.
Have a great day all. Love and peace to all.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:12 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That is shocking to read that Star. I don't know what's got into the world. What Aly said about experienced people sounds like a strong possibility. I really hope you find something better.

I echo what others on the thread about the support you are giving your grandaughter Val.

Sorry about the rude people Astro, the great British public are just the same.

For once it's been warmer here than for some of you guys 30°C in London (86F) Very high for September.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GATORMAN!

Have a great day.

Attached Images
Old 09-05-2023, 09:30 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Gatorman!

I wish you a fine year on your train!
Old 09-05-2023, 09:47 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Oh no, Star, that’s awful….and after all your long hard hours… It is definitely their loss!!! When I was let go from work a few years ago, I came across the quote: “Rejection is protection”

Like our friends earlier have mentioned, there’s probably something better for you out there!

Old 09-06-2023, 02:18 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Up around 4 am….had one coffee so far….maybe I’ll go outside and water plants while it’s still dark and not so hot out!

Hope things start to look up for you Val

Happy belated, Gator!

I’ll meet all you Friends at Chloe’s

Old 09-06-2023, 02:36 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Heard a little rumble of thunder...cat came in wet...
now if it would only cool down!Need those " winds of change"!
Can't wait to decorate for fall
And drink my pumpkin spice latte!