# 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi everyone...

This is a little off topic...however for our SR copyright guideline

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...opyrights.html

Thanks...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

havent hear of the easy big book, but i know it doesnt get any simpler than the principles:
Honesty
Step 1. We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
Hope
Step 2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Faith
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Courage
Step 4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of ourselves.
Integrity
Step 5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
Willingness
Step 6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
Humility
Step 7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
Brotherly Love
Step 8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Justice
Step 9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Perserverance
Step 10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Spirituality
Step 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
Service
Step 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not again

The description included this....

"Wilson’s book is difficult for many readers to follow, as the narrative is heavy with big words and long sentences."

But I guess for to days generation raised on facebook and twitter, big words and long sentences would be a problem.

Not to mention they removed the word "God"......Please spare me....but in my humble opion that makes it a whole different program. (You can't use motorcycles in NASCAR)

Be Well,
Larry

PS This thread was 2nd or 3rd when I googled for the pdf.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

This is an old thread, but if you need to know where the big book is, free, online, private email me!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I enjoy reading the BB on my Kindle type reader, the problem is there are no page numbers. ?????

BE WELL
Old 03-10-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

At my age, most of my Big Books and 12 and 12s are the large print editions.

At least until I need the Braille ones.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ajangel View Post
I am trying to get the big book on my kindle. Has anyone heard of this EZ Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous? Is it the same as the Big Book?
If there's a way to download this on your kindle, there's a link called e-AALite. This is basically the original text and it's free. I've been using it online in an attempt to help others for 15 years.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

RE: the Amazon link laurie6781 posted, I found the same ebook looking at Amazon.

I'm no expert but as far as I can tell this is the same as the BB in print, the chapter numbers and names are the same (I also am not knowledgeable about the differences in the different editions) but it is only $2.99.

Hope that helps anyone who is looking for a kindle version of the BB.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The original text of the book is all thats required. The first 164 pages. Nothing has changed in the 80 years since the first publication of the first edition in the 1930's. The stories changed to reflect the aa population and the younger crowd with higher bottoms. Us older kronies with much lower bottoms had just enough pain for the change to happen.

I wouldnt want to switch up a "good thing" meaning the bb, to an unknown entity.

Buy from AA New York, support AA. Or gamble with unknown entities.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberInFlorida View Post
Some recent posts about the EZ Big Book suggest that if literature isn't conference-approved we shouldn't use it. I'm not sure Bill Wilson would agree. In his last message to AA in 1970, he said "AA will and must continue to change with the passing years. We cannot, nor should we turn back the clock." Matter of fact, the World Service Office has tried several times in past years to get Revision Committees to update the Big Book, but each time they got mired down in fights about grammar and punctuation. They sure weren't tuned in to Bill Wilson's philosophy.
There are traditions to be observed in order for changes to be made to the program. We have to move forward according to the will of a loving god as expressed in our group conscience. If not for the traditions AA would have long ago went the way of the Washingtonians. I completely support the idea of the ez big book but without conference approval it's a violation of our traditons.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I habe read the EZ book, and it is much better written than anything I could come up with. But it completely guts the program. God is gone, no one recovers, Bills story has been edited in a way that completey changes it's meaning, many words from the old text, still in use today, have been substituted just for the sake of change, and often the meaning has changed with them. The AA solution that continues to work for so many, on a disease that has not changed in thousands of years, using principles for successful living that have not changed in thousands of years is completely absent from this book.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
I habe read the EZ book, and it is much better written than anything I could come up with. But it completely guts the program. God is gone, no one recovers, Bills story has been edited in a way that completey changes it's meaning, many words from the old text, still in use today, have been substituted just for the sake of change, and often the meaning has changed with them. The AA solution that continues to work for so many, on a disease that has not changed in thousands of years, using principles for successful living that have not changed in thousands of years is completely absent from this book.
Thanks, Gotta, you told me all I need to know.

I still regularly read from the 3rd Edition I got in treatment, as well as large print copies.

I wonder whether "half measures availed us nothing" remains in Chapter 5.