Notices

Im lost

Old 09-01-2001, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dana

Unhappy Im lost

Im scared, Im 34 and started methadone 4 months ago, Im feeling good and my familys happy, cuz, im home all the time, but, Im dieing in side, im lost, I feel so alone. Befor I would get high and have no trouble, but now, I have the same troubles, I just cant handle it stright. How long does this feeling last, will I ever feel like Im doing something right again. I dont have any feeling of haven to get high, I just want to so I can handle all the **** in my life. I know better and I wont do it, I just need to know if ill ever feel better...Am I the only one who feels like this...all the help you could give will be welcomed...thanks

Old 09-02-2001, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Dana welcome to the forum. Please don't take what I am going to say the wrong way. I am from a drug-free modality and methadone is not drug free. I would suggest you go into a detox and get off of the methadone and get on life. If that seems like to hard a task, here is some help for you:
www.methadonetoday.org

And it is based in Michigan. Let me know how it works out.

Just for Today----------I am Sober
Old 09-04-2001, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
gusabavilia

Dear Dana,

Take heart my friend, you sound as though you really want to do this. I reduced my methadone to 2.5 and then jumped off after 6 months of being on it. It was easy because I wanted to do it. What also helped me was getting a job which got my life started and kept me busy. I decided that this time I wasn't going to feel sorry for myself and sit around thinking about my addiction. 2 and a half years later (nearly) I'm still working and still clean. Force yourself to get up each day Dana and utilise your obvious strength of character. I'll be thinking about you!! JSA.

Old 09-13-2001, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LtFallenAngel

Dear Dana,

I understand your feeling. However. Mr. Johnson is right. You must make the decision to free your body and mind of all drugs. Including Methadone. My daughter went into treatment, she was put on Methadone for a detox solution. She was released from treatment, craving the methadone. She became sick and the craving was to great to substain from heroine. She now is in active addiction. She feels she can't quit. I remind her often of the same suggestion, I gave you. We have all been sick from one thing or another. So you throw up for a few days and get the chills. It not as bad as dying from an over dose, or getting a bad batch. Think about it. your never alone.
Make a meeting, get suggestions.

Old 09-13-2001, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LtFallenAngel

Dear Dana,

I understand your feeling. However. Mr. Johnson is right. You must make the decision to free your body and mind of all drugs. Including Methadone. My daughter went into treatment, she was put on Methadone for a detox solution. She was released from treatment, craving the methadone. She became sick and the craving was to great to substain from heroine. She now is in active addiction. She feels she can't quit. I remind her often of the same suggestion, I gave you. We have all been sick from one thing or another. So you throw up for a few days and get the chills. It not as bad as dying from an over dose, or getting a bad batch. Think about it. your never alone.
Make a meeting, get suggestions.