Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 57

Old 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay Norty! I'm just gonna ask you here! Are you joking about Chance or is this a fact? You're good at throwing jokes out there!

TOD
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Correction on my post! Chance isn't 21! It's Norty's older son that posted the picture!

I stand corrected! And it is a fact!

TOD
Old 10-11-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Morning,
Hope I didn't freak anyone out here last post. I was a bit shocked myself but feeling better today. I mean I don't know whats going on with John . And it is what it is . I don't judge him for it. As long as he's happy . Not going to worry about it. He posted some more pictures and maybe he is just going through something..identity issues. He never had a mom in his life and was not around a woman at all. My ex never found anyone else after me and devoted everything to John. Anyway I guess its just more of a interesting experience to me right now..but he DOES look like a girl! Juz sayin!
It is raining HARD out there and its COLD! Dealing with some nerve pain again. Steroid shots starting to wear off. Physical therapy IS helpful though. The excersises work well for strengthening my spins and core . But I really don't think longterm its going to change things. Accepting this medical stuff is difficult. Now I get to be CRIPPLED and CRAZY!!! oh well fight to the end !

(((Amy ))) do you have a day off today?? So do you read over the reports for errors? That's really cool that you CAN do that! Takes focus! I am just thinking this job is going to be more peaceful for you! You can enjoy your cats and your home without a lot of pain and drama. Maybe that part of your life has passed. You have had so much loss through death. I am experiencing that for the first time myself . Grief is like a wrecking ball. Knocks you off your feet for minute.

On that topic..I love cemeteries and have one right about 100 feet away from my building! Old one with beautiful stones and markers. there is a historical Alaska section of many pioneers , Iditarod mushers, expolorers! I love this time of year. I love ghosts and stuff! I like to be scared and watch horror movies.! Shoor watching the news anymore is WAY more scarey than a horror movie.

(((Cangel))) you Ok my dear? Whats happening in your world?

(((((TOD)))))..love ya. go in there and give your cats some love ! They NEED you! lol
((((Chicory)))...glad things are good in your life today! Your Job sounds so nice really!(((((((Lenina))))))..
(((((Dreamscape)))))..do you ever lurk around here anymore??
(((((LIVE)))))..webslueths sounds FUN

((((Jay)))..I forget your new name..so sorry! How are you??
((TB)))..hes really rock and rollin !!!!YAY

Well I am off to shower and go get some quarters and some tobacco. ( I roll my own these days) way cheaper on my budget!)
Looks cold and wet out there so I will wear my wool coat!
Have a peaceful , free weekend Henhouse!!

If I missed anyone..please post and tell me about it!

Love norty
Old 10-11-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Norty - will check out your book of faces page to see the picture Your children have a mom who has no air of judgment about her. Different paths are just that.

Yes, it is 80 here and supposed to like this until Tue, when temps will drop and stay in the 70's then upper 50's, so will not bother Bev about the a/c.

Will have to start leaving the golden fatsos in the laundry room, though, where the window a/c is, though. Got home and Tiger was on the bathroom tile floor, next to the toilet and floor vent, acting like "where the hello is the cold air?!?!".

I am doing the Chattanooga runs for dad, this weekend. Got to get the bills caught up.

Yes, I do proofread the transcriptionst's work. I am unfamiliar with some tests, signs, etc so got a little note book, today, that I will write them down in. Will either ask the PA to explain them to me or Google them.

My first day, hadn't been there 10 minutes but was looking at a record that had been printed out. Told my boss I wasn't being nosy, just wanted to know what I was dealing with and "BTW, demerol is misspelled".

Dad asked me if they got mad when I knew more than they do about things, but not at all. The director of the practice told me I knew more about terminology than she did! I think that is a huge part of why I was hired. I'll just be glad when I can find charts. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack

I wish they would go to electronic records, as it would be easier and I'm already trained for the conversion. I'll keep my mouth shut about it for now, then see what the resistance is. Could be $$, could be doctors are against it. Either way, I can see me staying with this practice for a long, long time

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-11-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Amy..you just make me smile more and more each time you post about this
job..

Norty..good to read your post..you will find a new comfort zone and sure it
isn't an easy move..as you seem to love it there..good luck..

Hello to all..

Cangel..a hug if you don't mind..

lauren
Old 10-11-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Lauren - if you can't find me, it's because I'm on cloud 9 I never would have made it to where I am, had it not been for my friends here, and elsewhere on SR. The HH has a record of my journey. Some people have come and gone, but this has always been my home.

I am so very grateful for this forum. When I thank HP, every night, for my life - the good, the bad and in the in-between, all of it is on this thread.

I have housework and laundry to do, but for now? I'm enjoying Mr. D's favorite place - the deck. Cats are quite happy in their individual spots. I know I can't stay on cloud 9 forever, but it's a gift of recovery, and I will ride it as long as I can!!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone tonight

Norty, I like what Amy said- " A different path is just that". things may be a lot different in Alaska? but we have lotsa guys who wear nail polish, earrings, etc, etc, etc. trends are fun, and it doesn't matter anyway, his choices are his to make.
I think Cangel warned you not to overdo it(think it was Cangel) since you had the shots to help your pain. maybe walking so much isn't great on your back right now? just take care. I love your pics from your window.... just too beautiful ... I can't imagine seeing that every day, and night. sigh. I hope you are doing alright..I know you have been through a lot of loss. hugs honey.

Amy, its so good to hear about your job. Is their filing system one of those walls full of file folders? whoa,, I always wonder how they find anything there. You will do great, and they are gonna love you. smiling here for your answered prayers.

Lauren, Hi girly. Hows hubs and Miley girl? I wanted to make a cake but had no cake pans I KNOW I used to have some...grumble grumble..
tomorrow gonna go with grandson to a model train show.. gonna buy him something, I told daughter she better deal with it! she hates me to spend money, and I maybe should not, but he loves trains better than anything. it should be pretty cool, really.

Tod, thanks for sharing the chicken info. I copied it down and gave it to her. she was glad for it. she is the sweetest girl.. my only helper in my shop now. she wants to do it for a career. She will be awesome. I have been hoping for someone to get hired into my dept who wanted to be a florist. Its nice to have someone who wants to learn, understand, and make it a successful shop.

well, hugs to all , present or not!
chic
Old 10-11-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Norty, take a look back at the New York Dolls, a proto punk band. sheesh I have a semi crush on a little cutie I know who is totally goth with black nail polish and lots of earrings and necklaces....he's married! But we are friends in recovery. Truly, though? who cares? And why? If someone is loving and kind, consenting adult with consenting adult....let's just love them in peace, I say... My gay friends have been there for me time and again. I do have a few transgender acquaintances and one cross dresser friend and while I don't understand the nuances, I don't care enough to bend my head over it.

papi's party was good. We got there later than expected due to ungodly traffic and there was a huge crowd. Huge! Most folks in the bag but having fun! It was about 94F and we were roasting. I brought a wine and cheese basket made up special and added some dark chocolates and crackers. Made sure it got tucked away from the ravenous crowd so Papi and Mam could enjoy it later. some of the family I haven't seen in about ten years or so. It was great to see the kids grown up and all the cousins and nieces and nephews. And funny how quick to fall into the old family jokes and silliness. bestie and I never lose the thread of friendship that weaves us together.

I did move my schedule a smidge so I can sleep in on Sunday but it's knees and elbows after that and hoping the Mercury Retrograde cuts me some love. I am so overfed right now it's pathetic. LOL.

Amy, I hope you get some rest and catch up gently but steadily as you get into a routine! I'm so proud of you!

((((Cangel))) I would like to see your tattoo once it's set. I send you my love.

I'm watching "Contagion" right now, like my brain needs any more conspiracy theories roiling in it. I may try to get by Walgreens and get a flu shot, I am remembering my immune boost vitamins. In spite of old Dr. "Man of science" telling me I was wasting my money. I don't think I'm going to keep my appointments with him. I will find someone who has a more open mind. I think I was quite clear I wasn't going to subject myself to a bunch of expensive and borderline pointless tests. I'm not a robot so don't try to act like I'm a car in for a tune up!

Enough of my blathering, I have two oatmeal cookies and an icy cold glass of 2% milk! I'm hunkering down.

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

HI (((TB))) how are you, friend?
Old 10-12-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Amy, I can't believe they haven't converted to electronic records yet....It could be another reason why they wanted you, due to your allover experience.

when I go to the doctor myself, the EKG goes directly into my electronic record, my doctor types her notes right into my file and I see everything on the screen, I have a very thin paper chart.

the university converted every outpatient department over a 2 year period, but private practice is a little slower, I imagine they will hire a company to convert all the records.

I have a very good feeling for you about this being a long-term stable job with insurance and good benefits. I am so happy for you and proud that found it.

(if Bev is showing the house, she might want to be sure the AC is working properly, so mention it to her).
Old 10-12-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by northbelle View Post
Oh here let me start! . My son who is 21 posted a picture of himself today.
(I am posting this here because its not something I feel like talking about elsewhere) My son looks like...well a girl. Yes I said a girl. Almost transsexualish. Just when I think NOTHING else can shock me!!! I don't even know WHAT to think. Maybe that is his way of coming "out"? He rarely posts on facebook but I did notice a certain "flair" to his postings. He posted a picture of his nail polish collection awhile back and I wondered ya know. Hehe..I feel kinda embarrassed about sharing this. Damn. He3 looks pretty trippy in the picture ..eyeliner on..poofy hair..umm hmm..
Ok I am just going to hit send to get this off my chest.
Thanks

love norty
Apparently Oct 11th is national coming out day. Perhaps he was just a day early.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone!

For the life of me I can't get my tattoo photo to post....helpful hints??? The file is just too big.

It looks pretty great though......
Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

((((JAY))))..omg..I think that's it.....alriiiighty then..neeexxxt...
Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Cangel - I use photo bucket, resize to half and check the minimal pixels. Then just view the pic, click on the IMG link on right bottom and paste here. That's the only way I can figure how to post pics here.

Good to see you, Jay! I tried to forward a text pic to you of M's latest baby she got for a client. A 4-month-old caucasian Shepherd that is already almost bugger than her intern. She showed me pics of adults - about 185 lbs, look like newfie/Shepherd mix but it's not.

Just got a call from a friend that got a DUI a while back and need to look up where she can do community service. She doesn't have Internet at home. BBL.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-12-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hi ((Cangel)) - What Amy has said will work. You could also try a file compressing website that will do it for free and you just download the result to your computer, or resize the picture using Paint or Preview (depending on PC or Mac).
Old 10-12-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Okay, found out info for friend, she doesn't answer her phone. Left a message and texted her info. I'm done. Not my DUI, NMP!

Fandy - I am going to eventually bring up electronic charts. It is expensive, doctors do not usually like it (at first) but my own doctors office also uses electronic records. The only thing I see, paperwise, is my diagnosis/coding sheet and receipt. They are now part of Emory, though, which has lots of funding.

Have work clothes in dryer. Was going to do the iron on hemming, but it's already after 8 and I get up at 6. I did tell Bev about the a/c, but thought it was cooling down after resetting the breaker. It's not, but we have one more day in the low 80's and then temps drop. Bev is too worried about finding her middle son a job, and I want no part of that situation. Another NMP. His skills are foreign to me so I can't help out.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-12-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

HI HH'rs.
got to go to a model train show today, with grandson! He had the BEST time! so did I just watching him

hi Jay! gonna hit the hay, but wanted to say night to all.
looking forward to seeing the tattoo, Cangel.

Amy, hope tomorrow is a great day at your new job.

hugs to all!
chic
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here is Cangel's tattoo with the explanation to go along with it!

Symbolism:

1. The pocket watch is a copy of his - it also ties to the Stop all the clocks in the ribbon

2. The chain - relationship links.

3. Inside the chain one of the links is going to be a "B" - Alex's baby/toddler nickname was Boo

4. Sunflower - his favorite flower from the time he knew what a flower was. Seeds a nod to Baseball

5. Daisy - Alex's friend's favorite flower - to acknowledge how close they were.

6. Rook - his love of chess and the Rook is the Protector. Which happens to be part of the meaning of Alexander and the Dharma in his middle name.

7. Ribbon - just to soften and provide flow. And a place for the quote

8. Quote -W.H Auden Poem

9. AP- his initials on the cover. The A is very close to his signature A.

10. Birth date - on the cover too.

11. Time - time of his birth.

TOD
Old 10-12-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Very nice tat ((Cangel)). I particularly like the quote (and the poem it comes from - funnily enough, someone read that poem at my dad's funeral...). Where is the rook though? Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see it. Was all that done in one session? How long did it take?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Wow! ((((((cangel))))) that is truly Art. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

What a world we live in.

Much love, all my dear ones.

Lenina