View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Lenina

Norty, take a look back at the New York Dolls, a proto punk band. sheesh I have a semi crush on a little cutie I know who is totally goth with black nail polish and lots of earrings and necklaces....he's married! But we are friends in recovery. Truly, though? who cares? And why? If someone is loving and kind, consenting adult with consenting adult....let's just love them in peace, I say... My gay friends have been there for me time and again. I do have a few transgender acquaintances and one cross dresser friend and while I don't understand the nuances, I don't care enough to bend my head over it.

papi's party was good. We got there later than expected due to ungodly traffic and there was a huge crowd. Huge! Most folks in the bag but having fun! It was about 94F and we were roasting. I brought a wine and cheese basket made up special and added some dark chocolates and crackers. Made sure it got tucked away from the ravenous crowd so Papi and Mam could enjoy it later. some of the family I haven't seen in about ten years or so. It was great to see the kids grown up and all the cousins and nieces and nephews. And funny how quick to fall into the old family jokes and silliness. bestie and I never lose the thread of friendship that weaves us together.

I did move my schedule a smidge so I can sleep in on Sunday but it's knees and elbows after that and hoping the Mercury Retrograde cuts me some love. I am so overfed right now it's pathetic. LOL.

Amy, I hope you get some rest and catch up gently but steadily as you get into a routine! I'm so proud of you!

((((Cangel))) I would like to see your tattoo once it's set. I send you my love.

I'm watching "Contagion" right now, like my brain needs any more conspiracy theories roiling in it. I may try to get by Walgreens and get a flu shot, I am remembering my immune boost vitamins. In spite of old Dr. "Man of science" telling me I was wasting my money. I don't think I'm going to keep my appointments with him. I will find someone who has a more open mind. I think I was quite clear I wasn't going to subject myself to a bunch of expensive and borderline pointless tests. I'm not a robot so don't try to act like I'm a car in for a tune up!

Enough of my blathering, I have two oatmeal cookies and an icy cold glass of 2% milk! I'm hunkering down.

Much love to all!

Lenina