View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
JustAYak
Clever Yak

((Mamahawk)) - Is the surgery urgent? Does it need to happen ASAP? Could you wait till you have more clean time under your belt where you feel more stable and strong in your resolve not to use after the surgery? If you can wait till you feel more stable, why not do so?

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Its what helps for the shape of the poo.
I have never seen bird poop that holds a solid shape. It's pasty...

Have you guys ever collected eggs? its clean there, the mom chickens dont go poo on their eggs, so I think they can hold it by brainpower.
Birds tend to projectile poop out of their nests to keep their chicks clean and healthy. That is why you don't see much poop on their nests in the wild. I would imagine that they are concerned about their eggs in the same way. If you ever walk past an eagles or a hawks nest outside you will see their excrement at a radius of 10 feet all around their nests at the base of trees. They don't want to track flies and other unwanted pests to their newly hatched chicks. This is an innate behavior that is not learned. The chicks do it too. They don't hold it, they just know when it's going to happen and back their butts up over the nest to go.

Birds are extremely smart, I'm not denying that. Not sure if you're being serious about the brainpower, but saying they use brainpower to "hold it" when there is no musculature in which to do that doesn't make much sense. That's like saying I can use brainpower to fly when I have no appendages in which to do that.

If you weren't being serious about brainpower, then please disregard, lol. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell when everything is typed...

This conversation is hilariously well-suited to the HH