Notices

Scared

Old 05-13-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Scared

Today will be my first day not using for a very long time. I'm scared. I'm addicted to Vicodin. I take 12-14 10s (at once) daily. Scared of withdrawals. Tired of living this life ruled by pills.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling okay.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do this.....I'm currently 83 days off of pills, although I didn't take near as much as you speak of, I still had a very hard time with withdrawal, but after about 2 weeks the physical suffering was over, I couldn't be happier to not be dependent on pills, to start my day, end my day, throughout the day.....it was a never ending cycle I'm hear if you need anyone to rant to or just need advice( if I can give it) Best of Luck and May God bless you
Old 05-13-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mamahawk, we were on about the same amount but I took mine throughout the day (3 Norcos at a pop, 10 to 12 a day).It's normal to be scared but the fear is worse than the actual wds. You can do it.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mamahawk another pill addict here. I was on Vic's, Percs, oxy...sure WD sucks but it's doable. You probably won't feel your worst until days 2 and 3 but when you think about it it's only two bad days....not much different from catching a flu.....you have the rest of your life to look forward to clean and sober. You never have to go thru this again. TE is right that the fear is worse than the actual WDs. Towards the end of my addiction, I was going thru it every week because of running out of my pills.

If it's possible....try to sleep or rest as much as possible thru those first three days. Everyone is different but I usually felt a marked improvement by days 4 and 5. Make sure you drink lots of water....sports drinks like Gatorade is even better, banana's for potassium will help those leg cramps. I lived in the tub the first 3 days. Hot baths do a marvelous job soothing those aching muscles and greatly reduced those hot/cold sensations. Get ya some DVDs to watch or Netflix. I found comedies were the best for me....since my anxiety and depression were pretty bad. (You know something's wrong when you cry instead of laugh at something funny)

If things get too uncomfortable for you......ask your doctor for something to help with anxiety or insomnia if you can't sleep. Chances are you'll be fine. Like I said before if you really think about it we are talking about 2 or 3 days of feeling really crappy.....not too bad a price to pay to get this monkey off your back!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

talk with us, you are not alone. Lots of other pill poppers here with lots of experience. The best part? you only have to do this once. The fear is the worst, I swear once I get over the detox I always think "gosh that wasn't so bad but I don't want to do it again!" Do you have support? I think support is key as well in my opinion. I have done CT alone though, I survived. Hang in there, we are here from you. Remember you never have to be sick again like this if you just don't pick up.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing ok :-)

Keep us posted
Old 05-13-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Doing ok so far. I used yesterday so I probably won't feel any withdrawals until tomorrow. I know what I'm in store for....I was supposed to be clean so my family doesn't know. So y'all are my support...the anxiety will be hard. The diarrhea will be horrible. It's time for me to do this though.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's time! It's time for you. It's time for me. You can do this. Just for today
Old 05-13-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck mamahawk! Stay strong and remember that the pain WILL pass!! Don't give in!! If you do, you will just look back 3 weeks from now and wish you stuck with it. If you don't you will feel strong, proud, and on your way!

Prayers for you
Old 05-13-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm so tired of living a life that is controlled by a pill. Well 12-14 of them. It took me 20 years to get to this dose so I don't expect to get over it quick. I just want to be free from this.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

mammahawk:

so what are you doing today? what things are you doing that will help you to stay clean? excercise, or hanging on this forum, or a chocolate malt, or sitting in front of the tv, or going to a meeting?

Maybe one of your ideas will help someone else stay clean.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm hanging on this forum like it's my lifeline...
Old 05-13-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

:-)
Old 05-13-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mamahawk,
I know the feeling of using this forum like crazy, but it helps SOOOO much being able to say what I was feeling or going through helped tremendously, because my husband is a square and has never done a drug in his life, he hesitates to take a tylenol, but really never gets sick either, do he didn't understand how I got hooked to the pills or why! So when I had the worst of it going on he wasn't someone I could talk to, thankfully I'm a mom of 3 youngest being 4 and they KEEP me busy so I didn't have much down time, and I noticed while the older 2 were at school it helped for me to get my youngest out of the house or go shopping to keep my mind busy, he spent lots of days out and about or riding his bike playing out side, so sometimes just getting out of the house and getting some sun light will do a world of difference, I pray for you and I know you'll get through the storm just fine God Bless!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there Mamahawk. It will get worse before it gets better, but once it gets better it is so worth it.
I'm glad you're here.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

My husband is the same but he says after dealing with this for the past 17 years he understands addiction a little better. However he is at the end of his rope...he will leave me if I don't stop.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Need to get the one more time mentality out of my head. There can be NO MORE one more times.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Well I didn't make it. I'm so ashamed.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mamahawk, get back up and go for it again!!! No time like the present, let's get to work. You can own this, just gotta dig down and remember what you are fighting for.