Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 36

Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) awww, they're beautiful and look SOOO happy! I like your signature line, too

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Mid day Hello...

Chicory: Love your pictures of your kitties...pretty! Look so happy and content...

Lauren: Yes, we talk to our pets, like people. Don't know if they always understand, but seem to..when we come home our dog just knows there is some sort of treat for her. We take her everywhere with us that allows dogs too...

Amy: Have a good time at your friends house tonight, stay warm

Everyone have a good afternoon/evening
Bloss
Old 11-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

((Lauren))) thanks for the compliments on the boys
They are outside kitties in the barest sense. they have warm condos, that we made for them to sleep in, and those are in the screened in porch. they go out in morning, and door is propped open for them to come and go. they eat nice wet food morning and night, and dry kibble free feed all day, as desired. they have been neutered, for free, thanks to OAR_ Ohio alleycat resources, a program for anyone who wanted to neuter their cats, ferals, strays,etc.
we love on them all day long, they have been allowed to come in a bit the last month or so, so that is a good thing, it got them used to the other kitties in closer proximity than the kitchen windows. they are the most lovey boys.
my girls are upset with me, about any money I spend on them. i guess they worry, because I dont have a lot of money, but what do you do? I wont take a cat to the shelter, to have them put them down . they do NOT wait to adopt them out, unless they are unique, friendly with strangers, and perfectly calm. they just dont have the room and resources. there are no kill shelters but they are full.
if people would learn about TNR programs in their areas, it would be a better world for the ferals/strays. it would humanely trap, neuter, and release them back to the area they were from. no more babies, and that is what I try to help educate others about. if you take a cat to a shelter, it is likely that 100% of ferals/wild cats are put down immediately.

I work tomorrow. probably a mess of Poinsettias there for me to deal with. they came in today and my helper is pretty much not interested in really working.

I really would love it if I could find a house in the country, or one with a fenced yard, to have a dog too. I really love them. And it makes you feel safe, to have them watching over the house!

I have gone on and did not mean to. Any one hear about Mary Lou Henner, having an incredible memory? I heard the interview on NPR. amazing.

lovies, gonna stand by and hope to hear from all HH'rs soon.

my signature has been my motto, for some time. It is pretty much true-ha!

Oh, P.S. that little star thing behind the white boy, Domino, is his cast/splint. I think he likes the stars...
Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Chicory..thanks for the nice pics of your little boys. Believe it or not
not being a cat person I did foster 5 little ones and mom one year.

She brought her kittens here when they were just new and lived under
my shed which has a low bottom area and thank goodness it was summer.

I could never touch them yet every morning they would wait by the balcony
door for breakfast and meow themselves silly just dancing around my legs until
I placed the dish in their special place. I couldn't touch due to allergies.

It was a no touch wonderful time as in the evenings I would go out and they
were all around me and would play around the pond and be happy little kittens.
I placed those little solar lights around the pond so I could see them.

The pictures are lost somewhere, I've been looking forever for them and I do
believe when we had a melt down on our computer they were lost.

In the fall we took them for adoption and they were all adopted as they
were so fat and fluffy..hubby would cook them liver, duck, almost anything
that he thought was good for them.

It was magical as we had lost our dog that May and they helped me to heal
from losing my precious girl.

If there are angels on earth Chicory I do believe that you are one of them
to help these kitty's have a good life.

We can't help what others think..you are doing something special and special
has it's own rewards.

lauren
Old 11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

((Lauren))) how sweet a story,of your little kitties. I bet they were beautiful, and fat and fluffy and happy babies. how wonderful you got them all homes I bet you missed them , but the sweetness of knowing they were all in their own homes must have given you so much satisfaction and joy.

Your husband and you are a good pair. that is special and precious.
Maybe someday you will find those pictures.

I wish I could find a kind hearted man like that. driving a mouse several miles, to give him a safe place.. that is really sweet.

Hey, we can start thinking about Christmas cookies now

love
chicory
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - I agree with ((Lauren)) that you are an angel on earth When you wrote about your daughters getting upset with you spending money on the cats, it made me think of my friend T, whose house I just got home from.

She has a dog, and 2 of her 3 daughters have dogs (the other one "shares" the dog with her sister). T was all worried that her oldest daughter was spending too much money on "Harley", but little T said "mom, he's my baby and you would do the same for Mandy (my friend's dog)".

She had to admit, little T was right.

((Lauren)) - how cool about your foster kitties and that they all got good homes!

I just got home from T's house and had a BLAST! Her 3 grown daughters were there as well as her SIL, one of the daughter's guy-friends, her mentally challenged niece and her ex's daughter.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with an Italian twist...the usual stuff but also some Italian food. T and I made brownies with chocolate chip cookies on top for one daughter, some snickerdoodle cookies for SIL. They were mixes, but still..had fun. Of course, we didn't realize the oven was OFF until her one daughter tasted the cookies and said "they taste like dough!" Oops!

The daughter's friends came over, I took lots of pics with my camera, T's camera and a few iPhones for the girls.

It wasn't until I was coming home that I realized they are THE most "normal" family I know. There isn't an ounce of dysfunction in them. No addiction, no codependency, nada. The coolest part is? I blend right in with them. I felt totally "at home" there, and cut up and joked with all of them. These are people I'd never met until 4th of July, but they were really happy I was there. So was I

I'm flat broke, but so what. BTDT, got past it. I applied for about another 15 jobs, last night, will keep on doing it and will hit up people at the senior center on Monday.

((Love to all))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Night everyone, sleep well...
Bloss
Old 11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ahhhh Bloss! I'm a night owl! LOL Plus my hubby has named our bedroom the "Bear Den" due to his snoring!! I'll be up for awhile. No going outside if I don't have to though. It's 37 degrees. Burrrrrrrr Plus I'll need to bring Cotton out here on the porch with me when he starts crowing because Marvin started crowing. And to think? I used to have around 15 roosters in the house to crank up when Marvin did. Those were the days!

Night Night
TOD
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I finally found one picture in my other email account that was
sent to a friend..It was back in Sept.09 and thank goodness
it was sitting there as I was feeling like I lost part of my history.

This was their favorite place as it was sunny,it was beside the little
shed where they lived near the car port. I'm thankful I at least have
this one memory left of them.

It isn't the best picture..yet here they are.

My neighbor girls would come over to touch and love them
up and spent a lot of time with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
171 (2) My Little Orphans.jpg (88.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Maria stood at my feet when I went out to their heated pen to bring them in for the night. So I picked her up stuck her inside my flannel shirt and herded the other two girls outside of the pen. I had already brought Cotton inside. So the girls had a few minutes to roam around under the lights. I hollered at Jethro thru the window. He looked out and I pointed at Maria in my shirt. He stood up, got his coat on and came out. He stood in front of us, zipping his coat up and then said, "Hand me my girl"! LOL So I passed her over and he tucked her in his coat. This is all you could see of her. She had a birds eye view of things going on below her and stayed nice and toasty while doing it. She would also tuck her head inside his coat when her face got too cold.

You wouldn't know I had just cleaned the apple off her face a few days before I took this picture. She does get upset with us if there isn't an apple half in her crate when she goes in for the night.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ads-jacket.jpg

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

(((tod))) I'd say that chickens are smart!lol. How cute is that picture?!
It is getting cold here too. I am sure I will be scraping frost from my windshield. I can't complain, as it seems usually colder than this in the last part of November.

(((Bloss)))(((lenina)))(((tpa)))(((Jay)))(((tbeit) ))(((Norty)))(((tb)))(((windysan)))(((med)))(((40) ))and anyone else I have forgotten, hugs.

(((amy))) If you worry whether you are going to fit in with non-dysfunctional people, just look around you, at your work, school. you fit in wherever you go. and people love you. it sounds like a wonderful time yesterday. a special day, with a lot of folks and critters enjoying the good stuff-togetherness and fun. Prayers for Aunt M. keep us updated on how she's doing, ok?

(((Lauren))) I am so glad you found that picture! It would have been sad to not have such a sweet pic around. What little darlings! Looking healthy and contented with their momma, on their own blanketed lounge.. love it. I see one in the right corner, who looks like my angel Tommy when he was little. beautiful babies. i bet mom was sweet. i find cats marked like her are usually very calm, and friendly. striped tabby, i guess she is called? thanks for sharing it with us.

i did not get much sleep. the cats were at my bedroom door, wanting food at 2:45!!! woke me up about 10 times between then and 5am...Domino was in a different spot, where he could look out window. i have low windows, and a hassock next to it, and all the pillows I used to make "stairs" for him around the bottom. He wants outside so badly, but that would be the death of him. he would disappear into the woods, or try to "run" from his splint and end up hurt worse. gonna be a long six weeks folks. He seems pretty tired from the awkwardness of it. i hope he gets stronger, and more comfortable.

(((Lenina))) how are you sweetie? miss you.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: I have to laugh at the statement: "Chickens are pretty smart"! We just watched a Duck Dynasty show where they had brought some chickens to a subdivision house, (their brother/son's) and turned them loose in the yard. Jase said: "Chickens are dumb". Um I beg your pardon! But NO they aren't! But considering what all they eat on that show? They are probably just another meal for them down the road. But I have to say this about that show. It keeps me and Jethro in stitches from laughing so much at the shinaneegans that goes on in those shows.

Your little gentlemen will enjoy being inside more once this cold weather settles in more. They'll enjoy the comforts of the inside more than the outside. Just give them grass to nibble on and they'll be happy. I swear everything eats grass. But as humans we are. We eat a lot of green leafy stuff ourselves. Just do what I do. Get you some pans. Fill them half full of dirt. Get you some Rye grass seeds and plant them. You'll have a pan of beautiful green grass in no time. This is what I do for the kids to eat during the winter time when they can't get it outside. Just make sure you keep it watered and it gets lots of sunshine. We also plant this type to grow in the winter time outside. But if it's covered in ice or snow. They can't eat it.

I don't understand why the picture didn't come thru on my post. How do you do yours again? Do you use just the one icon/photo bucket on the posting area here?

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

((tod)) I will have to check out the Duck Dynasty show- sounds funny!

and the grass idea is great! they do love grass, and I am sure they need it, for some reason.

first I upload my picture from my digital camera, onto my "pictures" . then when I post, i hit 'advanced', and search my pictures for the one I want. I dont know if I explained it well or not, but I dont know about photobucket pictures. maybe it is different.
try it again, it was sort of small, but I could see her pretty well.

hugs
chicory
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Amy, my goodness you are one stuffed gal..we stuff the turkeys
and they stuff us back..ironic yes!

I had to smile about the oven being Off..that is a keeper funny moment.
It sounds like you totally enjoyed the time and this is the best therapy
of all when you can share together and be yourself.

Some years back a young neighbour/friend was visiting me and was all amazed
that pickles were made from cucumbers..I think of this often just as you may
regarding the brownies..to this day I still smile about it. A keeper funny moment
as well.

chicory.. if you had to work today which I believe that you did..you will be
so tired tonight..Hope work wasn't too heavy carrying around all those poinsettias.
Too bad your helper wasn't more interested, sometimes the only important part
of a job for some is "just" payday. The cast on domino is very colourful, I thought
it was part of the bed he was in. It is quite large..it is so sad yet he simply
doesn't know how important it is to stay in.

To all..have a good day..

lauren
Old 11-24-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Morning
Just a quick hello!
(((Hugs))
Bloss
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - I use photobucket to put my pics on here. I was reading, somewhere (whiner's I think?) where the mods prefer one of those programs because it takes up less space? I just use it because that's how I learned to put pics here.

It's gotten cooler, here, too. About 42 degrees right now, but Elvis insisted on going outside. Mots, with all his fat, is in his box.

((Lauren)) - So glad you found the picture - what cute babies!!

((Chicory)) - Hope you don't have to move around too many poinsettas.

I'm going to start on one of my papers for school. One of the girls that came over, last night, had been in the same program with T and I but was failing so is going to another school for something totally different. It was funny as we were talking about our least favorite teacher and we all agreed.

((Love to all))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Today was not my best day..I've reflected and thought about
it and started to look up words of comfort..anything to pull myself
up.

I came up with two things that can be shared on these days that
we are given where we aren't where we would like to be.

1. A smile is not a sign of happiness but the Cause of happiness.
by unknown

2. I think I will make these up and stick them on some bulletin boards
here and there around our community.

see below vvvvv

lauren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

((Lauren)) - Good stuff!

I found out that aunt M isn't doing so well. She had the heart cath done, but is under sedation and her lungs are filling up with fluid - surgeons are on standby It kinda sucks finding out stuff on FB, but my uncle doesn't want to talk and my cousin hasn't sent me his phone number.

The 2 daughters of my cousin Gary's (he died last Aug.) don't know, I don't think, and I'm not telling them. They are on their way to Arkansa to their other grandfather's funeral and this would just be too much.

Dad is ticked of at sm, again, I'm staying out of it. Just got started on the paper and am trying to get past "writer's block".

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for your aunt and your family Amy

D
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Amy, the heart cath is not pleasant yet so necessary to see the
flow as you know. Try not to worry, hubby had this
procedure done and it was a god send in a way as then we knew
exactly the percentage of flow. It was a guide to the options that
were available and the possible outcome.

I do remember those 17days with each test given and each outcome.
Your uncle is in shock as I was and we work on auto pilot so to speak.

You can't talk..you exist! Even when she does come home,he will be
doing as I did..getting up every hour of every night to see if they are
breathing or in stress. Be patient..this is a life partner and it is a very
hard reality dealing with heart problems.

We take each day as it comes, as it is a gift..not so easy for me at times.

lauren