View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
ProfaneAngel

Jay, you're not a downer, and you certainly aren't a waste of skin or space. Perhaps it's just the blues, that something that affects us all from time to time and was turned into a musical art form. Though you didn't ask, I recommend you just coast, go with the flow, amble along as life leads you for the moment.

Hope you had a decent session with your therapist. You know, just for giggles, so to speak, whenever you don't want to answer one of her questions, just go "woof."

Had a good visit with my pain doc. He assured me he wouldn't allow me to hurt in Anzio. Then we had to come up with a schedule in keeping with DEA regs, as he's not allowed to write a five week script. So we split the time, he says a notation in my file "Out of the country" will satisfy those nosy agents . He was impressed that I'm actually doing things, he says so many of his patients just sit in their houses and do nothing. I told him I was going to do as much as I could for as long as I could. And he complimented my appearance - one of my new sweaters and pair of jeans - and commented that some of his patients smell so badly and look like slobs, and that it's all he can do to maintain his professional demeanor with the smelly ones. I suspect he'd seen one of them right before me, and my lavender scented self was a relief to his nose. Don't get the wrong idea about him, he's extremely professional, but at the same time, like does attract like, in the sense that I'm educated and articulate and interested in life, plus our Anzio connection, which means we sometimes wander into the personal side of our lives during my appointments. But make no mistake, if I violate the contract, much as he may like me as a person, I'm history. Since I will never do that, it's moot, but he's one strict doctor. He has to be, given the situation in my area with prescription drug abuse.

Wish some of Lauren's soup would materialize on my stove...where's Samantha when you need her?

Love to all, and be safe, Amy,
TPAromatic from these lovely French soaps