Notices

25 days road to redemption

Old 05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Asap

Today I quit Oxys I waited 16 hours an took a 2mg sub to help with the wd I'm feeling a lil bit of relief but not much. I'm going to stay clean from Oxys I have 13 days till my incarceration and rather get this over with now
Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Asap

ive been having a hard time sleeping and alot of depression idk if its bc im about to go to prison for awhile or bc i just quit doing pills or maybe just everything idk...
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Aaron, sounds like you are doing the right thing. I will pray for you. I've never had to go to prison, so I have no idea what you are going through . Is there no way you could go to a court-appointed rehab in lieu of prison?

I would bet the depression is a combo of all you are going through. It is normal to experience depression when you stop abusing opiates and it takes the brain a while to get the chemicals leveled out. Can you see a doctor about maybe getting an antidepressant?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Aaron, 16 days is all you need to get through the physical W/D's. Hang in there buddy! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Asap

It does feel good just to be clean I throw my phone on the ground and broke it so none of the dealers could call me anymore I figured it would temp me too much I'd rather break a 100$ phone then go bak to drugs n spend 400$ every week
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you Aaron!! That makes me think of the "willing to go to any lengths" line from The Big Book . Proud of you!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I really feel for you man. Getting used to opiates and then getting off them creates such a mental hurricane of anguish. But so many people have been where you are and then got clean and stayed clean. Sorry the law has you by the balls, but when you get out of prison you will still be young 24-25 and if you stay clean in a few years your life will rock and prison will just be a distant memory and a reminder of a way you do not want to live. Keep trying to ween down as much as possible beforehand with suboxone, I know it sucks more than words can express.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Asap

Yea 4mg first day then 2mg the next day an today I took 2mg tommaro I'ma try see how I really feel an if it's not bad real hard to handle ill ride it out or take 1mg deff don't want to be on subs the dependent on them... How many days do u suggest I use um b4 suffering from wd from subs
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I don't know if you can get prescribed anything for weening off the drugs, and then you can take it in jail...I'm from Canada so the laws are a bit different. Good luck to you, you are so brave!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Asap

Day 4 clean been feeling the urge to just take a few but ignoring it
Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Aaron,
I can understand what you are going through. I am on my way out as well and have 29 days. it can be great but the lack of sleep will try to wear you down. Just hang in there. You have reason to have lack of sleep with concerns over being in jail but the greatest one now is the lack of opiates. I agree with everyone that says just do it and forget the band aids. In the end they just delay the inevitable. Once you are through the first few days then it is just the sleeping that is a problem for a while. The rest should be decreasing.