SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   25 days road to redemption (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/257060-25-days-road-redemption.html)

Aarontg88 05-17-2012 07:56 PM

25 days road to redemption

Hello everyone, My name is Aaron. Im a 23 year old male from Baltimore Maryland and ofcouse the reason i am here is for help and others to help me with there wisdom and words. about a year ago i found a drug that was a white circle pills that had the numbers 512 on it as we know as oxycodone 5mg with aspirin and i got theses after a wisdom teeth surg. about 30 of them... anyway yea i tried them a few times before this but never a every day thing maybe once a month i would take 1 or 2 or 3 but never every day anyway after the teeth got taken out i was prescribed theses pills which i took every day for like a week + and i realized i was taking them when my face or mouth didnt even hurt anymore ... i just liked to feel good you know... but after that ran out i ran to the streets aka my friends that had loads of them but 15s and 30s which i ended up uping my dose alot... now for about 8 months now i have been taking theses pills and im at my worst 150mgs sometimes 180mg a day... what makes matters even worst is june 11th i am going to prison for 18 months becuase i made bad choices in my life... there is no way around it so now i am facing 2 demons here... prison time and oxycodone addiction... i want to get clean before i go into jail.. i cant go in there wit-drawling... u know how bad that would be here in Maryland jails they dont dex. inmates at all. i need help guys... i have 25 days left... well its 11pm now so really 24 days now left... i would like to taper down too atleast 60mg by day 20... i do have 3 suboxone 8mg pills my friend gave me i was thinking day 20 i could go cold turky and wait 24 hours and take 4mg of sub which uselly works for me i got clean one time with them which lasted 1 week... bc i still had oxys laying around in my face... anyway after taking the subs at low doses for 2 days taper of them just to beat real bad withdrawls and then just put up with it the remaining time left... i know... im in a bad spot people but i have no choice... i have hit rock bottom in life and nobody knows i get high... not my girlfriend my brothers friends... nobody... sorry i dont count people i get high with as friends... but yea this is my life story and where im at with it... please help...:c020:

TSDD 05-17-2012 08:13 PM

Got some bad news for you, bucko. At some point you're gonna have to be sick. You can do it now or once you get to jail.

Kicking is a bitch but you can do it. Try to find some NA meetings to attend. Many people just like you found their answers and strength there.

I have never met anyone who has done a "taper off" for more than 2-3 days that has actually stopped using. Possibly people do, but I haven't met any and I've met thousands of addicts that are clean for long periods of time.

On the bright side, like it or lump it, you've got a pretty good chance to detox. Yeah there's dope inside, but for most folks it's a little harder to get a habit inside. Once you are in DON'T USE, once you get out DON'T USE and there's really really strong odds you'll never have to go back.

IvanKatz 05-17-2012 08:24 PM

Ask yourself if you want to detox now while you're comfortable or in jail? Personally, I think you should quit now. If you do, you'll be ready in 25 days. If you don't, you are going to double your hell detoxing in a cell. Your choice.

Aarontg88 05-17-2012 08:28 PM

do you think i should even use the subs then or just go cold turky... cuz i think i will relaspe after a day or 2 of being in serve withdrawl... subs just give me that normal feeling... i only have 3 sub pills and have no idea where to get anymore..

Dee74 05-17-2012 08:33 PM

Hi and welcome Aaron
We can't give you medical advice here, I'm afraid.
I think the best place to get medical advice, and meds, is a Dr.

If thats not an option, for whatever reason, it seems the consensus here is you'll have to tuff it out.

You'll find a lot of support here tho :)

Welcome :)
D

Aarontg88 05-17-2012 08:37 PM

Alright thank you, im going to start detoxing myself Sunday night. I will keep everyone updated on this forum as much as i possible can up until my sentencing date so you all know how things turned out for me in the end be for getting locked up.

Aaron.

IvanKatz 05-18-2012 05:16 AM

Aaron, believe me when I say life will be hell for 5-10 days but believe me when I say that detox @ home is half the hell of detox in a cell. I've NEVER had any trouble with the law... But when I was in law enforcement years ago, I saw what addicts went through detoxing in a cell and it was a hell I wouldn't want to put my worse enemy into.
With this said... Get your @ss to a doctor NOW and be 100% honest with him/her. TRUST ME when I say that a doctor can make the difference between absolute hell and just a miserable time.
I'll give you a little hint. When you go cold turkey, you won't sleep for a few days which turns W/D into a living hell. A Doctor can prescribe meds to help with the anxiety and sleep. One more hint... Once you go to serve out... They are obligated by law to continue any prescription ordered by a licensed doctor
: )

TSDD 05-18-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Aarontg88 (Post 3406048)
do you think i should even use the subs then or just go cold turky... cuz i think i will relaspe after a day or 2 of being in serve withdrawl... subs just give me that normal feeling... i only have 3 sub pills and have no idea where to get anymore..

I'm sure any form of opiate would give you that "normal feeling" as well.

Unles you intend to take subs for the rest of your life you're still going to be sick at some point. Tread carefully there, it seems counter-intuitive to me to try to fix a drug problem with more drugs.

skeen120 05-18-2012 09:06 AM

Can you go to drug court? That maybe another option if you can't go to the Dr. I actually did ween down some but the Dr. I went to kept trying to up my dose. I actually changed meds and weened down some off of those then went cold turkey with the Dr.'s helped. He gave me meds for sleep and anxiety, and withdrawal. It wasn't subs but it helped a bunch. Of course it was another Dr. I had to go to the other was not very helpful! I was 100% honest with the new Dr. and that made all the difference in the world!

finaltime 05-18-2012 05:37 PM

Flush the subs, go cold turkey, the faster you can get through it, the better. Then you can enjoy your last few days before Jail witt a clear head, and not have to be laying on the cell floor in sweat, vomit, and the runs!!! You can do this if you want too..

Aarontg88 05-19-2012 07:22 PM

Why would I flushed the sub box and when they are a miracle drug. drug detox centers use them all over Maryland with a 7 to 10 day tamper... I'm doing it in 3 to 4... Subs are good to help with detox if you know what ur doing and for sleep I will use sleeping aids like NyQuil or ambine.

Aarontg88 05-19-2012 07:25 PM

But anyway tommarow is my big day I only got 90mg of oxy left after there gone the detoxing starts that night... I plan to sleep it out for as long as possible untill I can take my first sub for relef.

Chrisy 05-19-2012 09:16 PM

Good luck. Today is day 3 and Sunday will be day 4. I think I have finally stopped the runs. I actually was able to keep a banana and some apple sauce down. I read in a natural healing book that lots of water is very important as the toxins need to be release from your body, plus the first few days eat lots of banana and apple sauce. I am doing it cold turkey. Tabering off didn't work for me as I ended getting right back to where I was before or needing more to feel normal.

Like you, I was given oxycodone by a doctor. I have been on these opiate drugs 10 years ago when they said I had fibro, which 3 years ago the new doctor finally did an mri and found why I had neck and shoulder pain, and they still haven't done surgery yet, but just kept giving me pain pills. It is a big problem in this country with the health system we have. They don't treat the problem, just give you opiates and oxycodone to take a way the pain and make you pain free, but after awhile your life begins to be sucked out of you. You have a choice. I choose to get clean now. You asked for advice. Do it now before you go. I watch the cops shows and the people who have to withdraw in jail have a miserable time. Do it now, and go in clean with some NA before you go.

I am going to my first meeting tuesday night. Where I live they have two meetings a week, so I am going to start doing that. I feel like I am beginning to see the end of the hell. Hopefully day 4 will be better.

Good luck and welcome.

Chrisy

TSDD 05-19-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisy (Post 3408607)
Good luck. Today is day 3 and Sunday will be day 4. I think I have finally stopped the runs. I actually was able to keep a banana and some apple sauce down. I read in a natural healing book that lots of water is very important as the toxins need to be release from your body, plus the first few days eat lots of banana and apple sauce. I am doing it cold turkey. Tabering off didn't work for me as I ended getting right back to where I was before or needing more to feel normal.

Like you, I was given oxycodone by a doctor. I have been on these opiate drugs 10 years ago when they said I had fibro, which 3 years ago the new doctor finally did an mri and found why I had neck and shoulder pain, and they still haven't done surgery yet, but just kept giving me pain pills. It is a big problem in this country with the health system we have. They don't treat the problem, just give you opiates and oxycodone to take a way the pain and make you pain free, but after awhile your life begins to be sucked out of you. You have a choice. I choose to get clean now. You asked for advice. Do it now before you go. I watch the cops shows and the people who have to withdraw in jail have a miserable time. Do it now, and go in clean with some NA before you go.

I am going to my first meeting tuesday night. Where I live they have two meetings a week, so I am going to start doing that. I feel like I am beginning to see the end of the hell. Hopefully day 4 will be better.

Good luck and welcome.

Chrisy

:c011:

You never have to do day 1 and 2 again!

hdevil 05-20-2012 11:03 AM

Hi Aaron,
I am sorry to hear that you are in a tuff place. I also have to thank you for remidnding me of the insanity of addiction. I hate to tell you that there is no such thing as a miracle drug, at some point you are going to have to face the problem for what it is, you are a drug addict.

Subs will surely help you through SOME of the symptoms of w/d, but it is kind of like placing a bandage over a gushing wound, in order to stop the bleeding you are most likely going to need profesional medical help, along with personal/spiritual guidlines.

I am prescribed a very low dose of sub, which has definently helpt me with the physical and mental symptoms of opiate addiction. However the true solution for me has been daily spiritual maintanence through prayer and a wonderful support group. Through seeking a spiritual solution is the place you will find your miracle.

Good Luck,

HD

IvanKatz 05-21-2012 10:38 AM

Aaron,
Subs are no miracle by any means. THey are simply the same damned thing as Opiates only without the Euphoria. When you quit the subs, you still go through the exact SAME W/D as your old drugs. I've heard the W/D can be worse too. The bottom line here is that at some point you have to deal with the consequences. As I stated earlier, you can deal with W/D now, or double your fun in a cell.

Look, I'm not trying to make this difficult for you or anyone. I'm just trying to present actual reality to you. I hate it for you that you have to go to jail. I just don't want to see you suffer any more than you have to.

Aarontg88 05-22-2012 11:15 AM

today i went 14 hours clean i woke up this morning and flushed my lat 3 15mg oxycodones and began to detox after 14 hours i got txt saying my guy had 10 15's i endned up lossing control and bought them all and used again...

CarolD 05-22-2012 11:58 AM

I don't know....but is it possible to block dealers and active druggies from contacting you?
You know they want your business.....
want you to stay hooked.

It's really up to you...de tox now or in jail.

Hope you will soon actually quit ..:yup:

wanting2bdone 05-22-2012 05:30 PM

Hey Aaron im from MD too...personally bro I would use the subs now and try to get as many days clean before yougoin. Detoxing in there would be pure hell. Don't buy anymore pills, those things are evil and will destroy your life I know first hand

finaltime 05-24-2012 05:28 AM

Oh no! Sorry to hear man! I have been in your shoes many many times..So many times I would plan on quitting, then get that text from dealer saying he got pills..I would say oh next time, at least I wont have to lie to my husband about being sick again etc. I DO NOT miss those DAYS! I know you said the subs were a good thing, but like Ivan said it is just a band aid. They coat the receptors, but once those are gone you still have to get that crap out of your system..I am one that recommends just qutting cold turkey, fighting through that first week of hell and moving forward. Do not be too hard on yourself for going back out, just think long and hard about what you really really want. When you are ready, you will be ready.