Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Crack Cocaine addiction.. who can please help me understand?

Notices

Crack Cocaine addiction.. who can please help me understand?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Reading through some S/R post tonight. I came across this one. The old memories just flared up. Just reading this brought fear to my bones.Got involved in crack in the 90's when folks were trying to resolve the nose breathing problems from snorting coke. All seemed fine at first. But the crack takes you down all the way. Always have some money for it and the bills can be dealt with later. kcola, your friend will lose everything. You, car, sailboat all gone. I personally never stole from anyone, but I cut corners. And also you can come out of it. Hopefully he keeps his job somehow.

I don't know if there's anything you can do or say right now that can change him. I got the best from many of friends, but still I snuck off to myself.What did change me was when I started having these weird visions and demon like experiences. Like something was crawling around me. Noises, lights flickering on and off. Growls, to the point of being chased. Horrible. He must stop now. Best to you.

That's been since 1998 or so. I've never had an inclination do take a hit of crack since. And yes I have recovered. I managed to rebuild my money, jobs and friends somehow. God Bless
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kcola View Post
So .. if there was a bag of crack rocks sitting on the desk attached to a string... and the only way to get the bag open is to pull the sting.. which would then shoot a pistol into his head (or lets even say.. my head) .. Is this drug so powerful that he would pull the string???
Nope, a really experienced crackhead like myself could always get someone else to pull that string for me. Just sayin...
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anvilhead.. you were sensing things correctly.. I do have more feelings than just a friend. But it has to remain just friends for good reasons... except now I dont even know if I want to continue..

Tonight, I am doing horrible!! My plan to get my friend's brother involved has BACKFIRED on me!! .. he (the bro) seemed supportive when talked to him .. until now I get an email I dont know what the hell my friend said to him, but now I am getting a slap in the face. I copied his email:

....Thanks again for reaching out to us about (my friend) and I think it made all the difference. I had a long talk with him after talking with you. My other brother also went to visit him and he seems to be ok based on his life style. Under your circumstances, you need to know that he is not comfortable with you being anymore than just a friend to him. Please keep that under consideration moving forward and I believe will help with (friend's) situation....

Now I am horrified. I now look like the crazy lady who makes things up.. and I make him "uncomfortable" (??!!!??)). This really hurts me.. I thought it would help to get family involved... but now I feel sick. How can his brothers not think that crack is an "ok lifestyle" ??? I think I am just going to walk away... this is embarrasing and humiliating. I think Ill leave now.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((kcola))) - they could be in denial, he could have lied. Regardless, I think it's a good idea to move on. I know it hurts, but it doesn't hurt forever.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Feeling better.. but only by forcing myself to let go..

I have found the only solution is to detach. I figure if something happens to him, then his family will let me know... so all I can do now is wait.

If he's going to do this no matter what... In a horrible way, I wish he would just go ahead and stop dabbling and crash... get it over with.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kcola View Post
I have found the only solution is to detach. I figure if something happens to him, then his family will let me know... so all I can do now is wait.

If he's going to do this no matter what... In a horrible way, I wish he would just go ahead and stop dabbling and crash... get it over with.

Just remember that we're here for you, whatever you decide.
xx