Notices

Jane 63 and friends

Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

****{Kari}}} First off, that has to be very rough on you with him gone all but 4-days a month! You must have an incredibly strong marriage and be a very strong Mother to deal with so much on your own! I could not do it and not many can!
I'll be very frank and please know that this is JMHO and written out of love and respect...I would have never enlisted the man's help in the first place because no matter how innocent you think it is and even had he not kissed you, it just is not right to be in the company of another man while your husband is on the road.
Yep, I am totally old-fashioned about those sort of things but it has gotten me through almost 22-yrs of marriage!

What he did to your daughter though...that was wrong to put so much pressure on her and to involve her in something that kids have no place in!! That was just really stupid on his part and now it's hard to tell what is going on in the mind of your poor girl! I would definitely talk to them both {not together!} and make sure it never happens again! {He needs to come to you when there is a problem!}
Also, maybe this would be a good time to explain to your daughter "how men work" {LOL} and a chance to have a really good mother/daughter heart to heart convo! Stress the fact that your marriage is not in jeopardy or anything cause kids get all kinds of crazy thoughts!
Good luck and let me know how things are going! As for the dude...never mind about that and just consider it a learning experience!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

(((Kari))) - I'm not married, but have mostly male friends (always have), so don't know how I would deal with that. I agree, with you and Jane, though, that he shouldn't have enlisted your daughter as a spy.

That's a good idea about having cats all the same color! Unfortunately, Elvis is black, pretty-kitty is a calico, and kitty is a light orange.

(((Jane))) - you will have to post pictures when you get the room done!

(((cc))) - how was camping? How are the dogs?

Work was okay...pretty slow, but still made decent money.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-31-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

OK, it's going to be hard to catch up with everyone, so I'll be really quick. Kari, at least they seemed to have ruled out a lot of bad stuff, but I know it must be scary anyway. You're doing great. As far as your husband/daughter; he was dead wrong not matter what your history is. Never, ever involve kids in grown up problems, never.

Hey Amy!
Hey Jane!

OK, my camping trip was with Rachel's troop. New Hampshire had about three feet of snow on the ground and we did a nine mile hike in it on Saturday. One of our cars wouldn't make it up the mountain so we pulled to over to the side and apparently it was in front of some crazy woman's driveway a little so when we got back (after 4 hours and many falls in the creeks) to a tow truck and the police. Rachel's leader is psychotic and she was almost fist fighting with the lady and then she made the poor mother of one of the girls (the one whose car we moved) pay for the tow truck. Then I tried to help and the leader told me to shut the f up! It was nasty and ugly and if Rachel wouldn't be so upset, I would have driven home right there. As it is, she's done with that leader.

The rest of it was fine; just so much snow. It was nice to get home to the flatland and brown grass, LOL
Old 03-31-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Thanks girls!! I know Jane.. My husband tells me I am too trusting.. but dang.. why is it that men and women can't be friends and have no alternative motives???? I really enjoyed having the help with bowling.. but I suppose it is definitely not worth it!! I have talked to my daughter and she goes.. its ok mom.. we just all need to protect each other while we are apart. I told her to please try to take the burden off her plate that it was the job of me and God to protect her while dad was away, and it is Gods and my job to protect me, and same for dad. I hope she is cool with that now.. but my trust in my husband has once again had a little corner "chipped" off. I was soooo depressed yesterday it was hard to keep on track with things with the pills.. but I did it.. went for two long walks and two loads of laundry, dishes and two movies later I still managed to get throu the day and that killer headache with 1.5 pills. grr..
cc.. omg.. what a trip.. I think I would have had a really hard time not yanking my child out of there and telling that leader off with a lil piece of my mind.. that irish temper in me.. lol..glad you are bad and safe!!
Amy.. keep that good dough rollin in .. light at the end of the tunnel every day. bummer about the different colors.. think you could make brown and cream marks on the orange one to make her cali?? hahhaahah.. sorry.. well they are coloring cats blue these days you know.. was just a thought.
gotta go to work..
hugs
Kari
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Uggg...I turned the alarm off today and slept in so now I am trying to hurry and get stuff done so I can go back upstairs and work! Looks like it will be "one of those days" though...Darn, hate it when I sleep too late!!

**{kari}} Sounds like you are dealing with everything very well! I had alot of male friends when I was younger but seems as we get older they turn into such horndogs or something! {LOL} Hubby and I are pretty good with talking to the opposite sex when we are out or in everyday situations but that is when we both are together. However, our daughter and her B/F were out with us once and it totally drove her nuts when a guy was talking to me! She told her Dad the guy was "hitting on me"! Like I said, kids {no matter what the age} get pretty weirded out by that sort of thing!

**{Amy}} Hope you got a good rest in, hun...you sound tired! Yes, I will post some pics when we get the room done! It is a mess right now though and I need to get up there and find a place for everything! {YUK!}

**{cc}} Glad you survived! Why does it seem there is always a GS leader with a nasty mouth?? I might not have been the best leader but I NEVER said cuss words in front of the girls or their Moms!! GEEZ! She would have been lucky not to get a mouthful from me but you did the right thing by holding back! **"Better to keep our mouths shut and be thought of the fool than to open them up and remove all doubt!"...LOL! I try to live by that...doesn't always work though! *wink*}

Well ladies, off to get a late start on a busy day!!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-31-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Hi Jane.. Yeah my husband and I are usually together when we are at the alley where there is multiple opportunities for male and female interaction. I dunno about you.. but as I get older I get less horndoggie.. LOL maybe that is just a male thing.. hehe. Well this is day three with this headache.. it is starting to make me a tad cranky. I still haven't heard from the doc about the neurologist which is frustrating but I have to work on that "P" thing sometimes.
I have to be up at dawn tomorrow cause of a 7 am meeting grrr.. I do not do mornings!! Then I add my 45 min drive on top of it.. yuuuck. Anyway, its that law thing again.. where I have to feed my child.. so gonna go for a bit.
Kari
Old 03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

**{Kari}} It is definitely an age thing for us women! That and being stressed out and tired all the time! Men are horndogs till the day they die...I am sure of that! ;-)

I hope you find out what's causing your headache to hang on so long! Just a few hours is tough but I usually have to go to sleep when they get that bad. Have you tried the Excedrene Tension or the new Excedrene Migraine? Also sometimes drinking a cup of coffee or tea will help.

I am headed back upstairs for abit to sit in the middle of the floor and try to plan things out. I got agravated earlier and had to stop because it just looks so cluttered still and I was wanting a cleaner look. grr.

I am missing my Sammy-boy tonight too. Watching TV on the couch just isn't the same...in fact, I've hardly watched much at all since he passed away.
I don't think the adoption is going to happen either...The lady has not gotten a call back from the people who wanted to surrender the birds to her. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but oh well...I have plenty around here to keep me busy for awhile, just need to focus on that for now I guess.
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

BTW...Anyone heard from **{Sandi}} lately??
Old 04-01-2008, 03:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

(((Jane))) - I pm'd Sandi a couple weeks ago and she never wrote back, so I'm sending her extra hugs and prayers.

As far as a new bird, guess you're having to learn patience along with me, while waiting to get an apt. It's not fun, but I just try to remember there is a plan being worked out, I just have to do my part. Patience never has been a virtue of mine.

((Kari)) - hope the headache gets better. I have mild migraines (flashing lights, nausea) but am able to get rid of it plain old excedrin and laying down in a dark room.

((cc)) - you're a better woman than me. If she had cussed like that in front of the kids, I probably would have snapped before thinking.

Well, apparently Brit is home since her clothes hamper is in the middle of the den. She can stay at her friend's house for 2-3 weeks, but can't do laundry? Oh yeah, I forgot, she can get stepmom to do it for her. She thinks she's such a bada$$, but is afraid of the dark. Her and stepmom have killed both flourescent lights in the bathroom because they leave the light on 24/7, which shines in my room. Now there is a big lamp in the bathroom.

Work was good again...has been a good week, and the 2 servers we got from the other store are good workers and I enjoy working with them. Hopefully, business will stay up.

I am tired....almost didn't even check on (because I stay on here too long), but didn't want to go to sleep without checking on everyone. After tonight, I have 2 nights off. My tax paperwork is done, so will take care of that tomorrow.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Well, Hannu the dog is back and he is his old crazy self, so all is good.

Jane, have you ever tried petfinder.com? You put in where you live, what animal you're looking for and they'll hook you up with different rescue groups and shelters in your general vicinity. I've never tried it with a bird, but it's great with dogs and cats.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

cc - glad Hannu is back, and I'm sure he missed you! Is his pain getting more tolerable?

I'm trying to go to sleep, but one of the cats is running around in the attic...think I'll go out on the carport and try to coax whoever it is down with treats. There are probably mice up there...ewww
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks **{Amy}}...sending ********{Sandi}}}}}} my prayers as well!!

Yes, patience is not one of my virtues either but sometimes we have no choice other than to try.
Hope you got some sleep darlin, and the kitties have settled down!!

**{cc}} Glad to hear your Hannu is back and feeling much better!! I still need to make Abby's vet apt but have been procrastinating...maybe I will do that later this afternoon!
I've checked on Petfinder but many of the rescues are too far away and most of the birds are 20-30 yrs old and I just really had my heart set on a young bird! I have faith in the lady who owns the rescue here that she will eventually find me the kind of bird I want but who knows how long the process will take?! She does have a few Macaws for adoption that sound really sweet but I am alittle intimidated by their size and dispostion....we shall see...I probably will go visit soon and very well could come home with one! {LOL}

I didn't sleep well last night and so I am in a kind of haze today...not really sure what the heck I'm doing. I think I am going to ask hubbs if he can get off work early and go get a few new things for the upstairs but then I am going to get home and try to get in bed early since I apparently am lacking sleep!
**{Kari}} and **{emmer}} please check in!! **{HUGS}}
:ghug3
Jane
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Amy, we once had a mouse run across the table while we were eating and the cats just stood there! Duh!

Hannu is off all pain meds except the Rimadyl which is a chewable dog pill. Thank goodness. I don't think I could have stood his crying any more
Old 04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Hi girls..
((Jane)) sorry u were down thinking about sammy.. sending big hugs. I too was thinking about doing the macaw route..I love the catalina macaws.. but I just couldn't do their size as much as the smaller birds. And a little intimidated by them as well for some reason. I had the worst drama a couple days ago with my tiel. My daughter told me when she got home one day that my senegal was out of her cage.. I was immediately freaked cause I thought with 8 cats.. she would be toast. Well my daughter got her back in her cage and she wasn't hurt and thought everything was ok. Well a day later when I was getting the birds water.. I noticed blood all over the perch where the tiel sits. So I looked and she seemed to be ok.. but blood over the cage door. Then I seen it.. her long toe was totally mangled. apparently my senegal got ahold of it throu the cage. well I checked her out and she was ok which surprised me cause birds can't afford to lose much blood. She was eating and drinking and moving around the cage pretty good. Before we got her she had actually already lost two nails from her cage mates biting them off when she was younger. poor girl. So today I checked on her and the whole first part of the talon is gone.. she chewed it off!! OMG. I am dyin. It looks totally healed.. closed and like it has always been that way. So the vet said just watch it and if it gets infected looking bring her in.. I am freeeeaked out!! I have never seen such a thing.
Yeah I have done exederine migraine it does work sometimes. For some reason this one was hangin on forever.
Amy-- I hope you can get some good sleep.. I totally know what that whole third thing is like... eww.. tough stuff.
CC- sooo glad to hear the big guy is doing better with pain. That was so heartbreaking.. big hugs from Illinois for him.
Kari
Old 04-02-2008, 03:00 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

cc- glad Hannu's pain is getting better. I know when Elvis was howling (and I thought he was dying) I was so upset and felt helpless. At least now I know what he's like with a toothache.

Jane - hope you got some sleep, too. I'm still tired, but no work for the next 2 nights. I had a friend who had a macaw and he was really cool...let himself out of his cage when he wanted to climb in their bed, got along with the kids, cats AND dogs...all living in an RV.

Kari - hope the head is feeling better.

Last night was slow...I am beginning to feel the crunch of having the 2 other servers from Des's store, which is shut down for 2 months. I went in early, as usual, but couldn't clock in because one of THEM had come in early. Stewed about it for a minute or two (or 2 hours), but finally realized that everything will work out...heck, I still made more money than her.

Had 10 cops from the SWAT team come in. I was talking to a couple outside, and I'd told them about my history (condensed version). One of them told me I was blessed, because so many people just keep screwing up and going in/out of jail. Then they got a call...man with a shotgun, and 10 cars went flying out of the parking lot with lights and sirens. I told them "if it's a chrome plated shotgun....arrest his ass, because that's what was used when we got robbed".

Will get taxes taken care of this afternoon, and am actually going to pay all my monthly bills early. I'll freak for a little while, when my checking account goes down, but then all I have to pay for the next 3-4 weeks is rent to dad, and gas in the car.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Amy.. U are so much better off than you were and it is awesome to listen to your story!! and it never hurts to have friends on the SWAT team.. wink wink.. something about a man in uniform.. whooo hoooooooooooo.. I would be in trouble if I had to wait on a whole swat team.. lol. But unfortunately sometimes they have the egos to match that gorgeous look.
Today has been a slight break in the headaches.. yeahhhhh I am thinkin I might go shoppin to celebrate.. plus the babies need some food. So I have my appointment with the neuro next tuesday.. and when they called they said the dr was going to be on vacation so my first visit was going to be with the PA. I am not sure how I feel about that yet.. some PA's are very good.. but I have worked with some that are very scary.. so as far as neuro stuff goes.. I am prayin she is good. The dr. must trust her especially to see new patients. It is kind of ironic cause my mother in law is going to see the same dr this week too. A family event lol. Anyway, I gotta run.. ttyl girls!
Kari
Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

(((Kari)))

Yeah, I like men in uniforms, too. I've always gotten along with cops/firemen...kind of a bond we had when I was a nurse because we've seen "normal" people never see. These guys are really cool, and no egos that I've seen. I can cut up with them, or sit at the table and just chat with them.

Glad the headache eased up. I have to get kitty treats later when I go out..I really think I should own stock in temptations, their favorite treat. Any time I walk to the kitchen, the cats RUN in their and sit there waiting....they are so spoiled.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

hahhahhaha amy that is a hoot.. mine do the same thing.. I go to the kitchen and it is usually 5 cats at least and the newfie.. like.. yeahhhhh moms in the food.. lets get her. I even have one cat that gets on top of the cabinets in the kitchen and literally stalks me from above. I have 6 on the couch with me right now as I type.. and lily my cornish rex is stretched across the computer keys making life very difficult.. lol. I say I should have stock in those hair roller things.. holy crap.. I buy like 2 a week.. just cause I freak out about any hair on my nursing uniform. I think I should just leave them at the dry cleaners so they never come home. U should take some pix of your friendly men in uniform and share with a bored desperate Illinois chick who loooooves that uniform.. heheheheheh.. gotta get out of here.. bye bye
Kari
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi ladies! Late check in today as I took my Mom shopping and just got home alittle bit ago and need to de-stress!! I "lost" her in WalMart for almost a half hour and finally found her just casually walking around! GRrrR!!! I should know better than to take her when I have alot of shopping to do...I would have been home hours ago had it just been me...but I feel bad for her being cooped up with my Dad all the time! She is such a sweetheart and I love her to pieces...just sooo slowwww!!

So I ended up buying a bunch of material to make curtains and accessories with and I am not excited about that one bit! My sewing machine is hidden under piles of stuff and I am not even sure if I can pull this off! {I do not sew!} Should be interesting!! LOL!

**{Amy}} I agree with Kari about the cops with egos thing so glad your guys are nice! Most of the ones I've met are wolfs in sheeps clothing {chase the women!} but there are a few decent ones. I like the uniform too! ***wink*} and firefighters are almost always so BUFF!! {woohoo!!!}

**{Kari}} Love listening to you and Amy talk about your kitties!! I would probably have one if I wasn't such a bird freak! LOL!
BTW..How is your little TIEL doing? That is scary when they lose blood like that so I hope your keeping an eye on the poor guy!
Glad your headache is letting up finally!!

Well, better go russle up some dinner real quick so I can get out of the kitchen before the sun goes down and get a walk in. Tomorrow is supposed to rain and be yukky all day so better savor it while I can!
Where's **{cc}} today??
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh, Jane, my mother in law does that to me all this time. I want to smack her in the head with a mannequin!

I took Hannu for his follow up. He's great, but I got so lost in Boston; took a wrong turn and Boston's streets are designed from old cow paths (no kidding), so there's no rhyme or reason to them. Ended up in the projects with the burn out buildings, etc. It was like that Chevy Chase "Vacation" movie where they get lost in the city and their car gets stripped while they're waiting at a stop light, LOL!

Have a great day, all!