Notices

Please Help, getting ready to cold turkey OC's

Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by billsmith26 View Post
Those are things that help to get those toxins out of your system though, so even though it sucks, it is really helping. I plan to try to view those as a blessing in an unpleasant disguise, and after I let it go for a few hours to get it out I'll start popping some Immodium. One minute at a time, and hopefully things wont get too intensely horrible and I can wrap this up sooner than anticipated!
Actually ... there are really no toxins involved here, IOW this is not like a booze hangover where there are LITERAL toxins involved, put it that way. Opiates are just artificial endorphins, and are remarkably non-toxic in the traditional sense of the word. But if thinking about it that way helps you feel better, then by all means do

The runs come from the fact that the operation of one's digestive system is profoundly affected by the presence of opiates in the system, and is in fact chock-full of opiate receptors that go into full-revolt when the opiates are taken away.

Again, glad you're not doing too badly today. If you're still cool in 12 hours, I'd say you should go out and dance a damn jig cause you've really dodged a bullet here my friend ...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vicoprincess93 View Post
all i can say is i'm glad Oxy wasnt my drug of choice. I got some of that **** once and gave it away after knowing what it can do. But i'm not saying Vicodin is good.
I personally am glad it WAS my drug of choice as opposed to vicodin. Used to take the dope equivalent of 50-80 percodan a day (which are more euphoric than vicodin cause they're oxycodone instead of hydrocodone) ...

And never put a single milligram of the highly destructive compound acetaminophen into my liver in order to do it.

Not to mention that mg per mg, OC is LESS than half the price of vicodin on the street, at least around here.

And then when I quit, I switched to bupe for awhile first so it didn't matter what I'd been taking all those years, I was actually kicking bupe not oxys or vicodin.

Put it this way, if all other things are equal, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to choose vicodin over oxycontin ONCE you are ADDICTED to opiates ... unless you simply prefer the feeling of it. I say that because the withdrawals from both are very similar if you're talking about equivalent dosages (although oxycodone is, admittedly, the worse of the two), and in the long run, you're better off toughing out a rougher withdrawal in exchange for a liver that isn't f***ed up and poisoned with tylenol.

Not saying anyone ELSE should feel the way I do, but ... that's how I feel
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Amen

24 hours into my hole ordeal Was the beginning of the worse! And by god it was thr worst psyhical feeling I have ever had to experience. Because the negative feelings were just so constant they subsided. Until the evenning of day 4. WOWOWOWOWOW Its actually day 5 for me then! ****** SWEET! Anywho good luck to you ! IF you need anything were here! ~PEACE~ ~MUCH LOVE ~ ~KENNY~ :ghug
Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i see what your saying bvaljalo about the time release thing, but in effect, since I was chewing them up (very thoroughly I might add), they weren't, in effect, time release. I'm still alright for the most part, but definitely have a ton of that nervous energy. hey devil, when you said 24 hours was the beginning of the worst for you, did you mean your experiencing something similar to me? Like it wasnt that bad for the first 24 hours, then then the *hit hit the fan? Or were you saying it wasnt very good before that, but at 24 hours you were at rock bottom? Just trying to clarify and make sure that I'm not about to get hammered with something out of the blue! Since we are coming off a nearly identical abuse pattern (although mine was a lot shorter than yours), how about providing me with a bit of a timeline of what you went through. And yeah yall, that acetaminophen is HORRIBLE for your liver! If your gonna abuse something, try to find something without that! Like the Roxi's. BTW, 29 hours in! Not great, but certainly a lot better than some of experiences I've been through with this! Really I think it helps that since I wasnt off the wagon that long, I still remember what sitting around sober is like. I mean, it hasnt been so long that I feel like the only way I can survive is trashed, so mentally that's a good battle not to have to fight....
Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Schedule

You can got to my post to more or less see how I felt day after day. I was on 4 to 5 roxies or 3 80 OC's. For about 8 months. I had 40mg saturday mornning at 8:00 am. By 8:00am sunday mornning I was at the start of the down hill slide. *****, sweats, muscle and Joint Aches. No sleep period, disconnection, depression, chills, slight hallucinations. But I sure you know how that all goes. It was constantly get worse after 24 hours, 48 hours 72 hours were all relentless discomfort and pain. By the evenning of tuesday I had still not really slept at all. And I was getting waves of all the symptoms. By this mornning day 5 of the slide I fianlly got my footing and am working my way back up! I have been able to work today and actually be somewhat productive. ***** have stopped for the most part. Still have some restleness and artifical energy. So with a little personal enlightenment and a lot of helpful ears and words from all of there great souls I honestly believe I am getting through this. Now I didnt do the NA/AA or bupes. I did it the way I do a lot of things in life. I grabbed my balls and dove right in. THANK GOD TO ALL THE SUPPORT I HAVE HAD HERE! BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT WITHOUT THEM! But you seem to be doing great compared to what I felt! I am no longer a :puppet to the opiates. At least for now and hopefully forever ~PEACE~ ~MUCH LOVE~ ~KENNY~
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

keep it up, keep it up
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, I just wanted yall to know I'm still making it. 50 hours in, things arent real rosey right now, but I'm nearing the worst part of it I think, and then I'll be on the downhill slide! Yall know how slowly the hours pass! I havent broke into the Klonopin yet, but I probably will tonight to get some sleep. I also have resisted taking any anti-diarrhea medication in order to get this stuff on out faster, but I think I will take some later today. Toilet time is getting old, I need some new magazines!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

GOD do I remember how slower time passes in that state. Doesn't help at all that you're awake for 24 hours instead of the usual 16, either.

Glad you're pulling it off bill, keep it up brother, the downhill side is just around the corner.

I feel sorry for ya, needing magazines ... for me it was just like a 20 second trip ... every hour or so ... can't imagine having to actually STAY in the bathroom for any length of time ... yuck ...
Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Content with my past

You are doing great Bill. You are right it will get better and I did the cold turkey thing and I didnt take anything either. I preferred it that way, I didnt want to substitute my DOC to something else to be concerned about in the future. Not that it doesnt work for people, I just preferred it this way. Keep posting and keeping putting one foot in front of the other. It will get easier everyday.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

bill, i would recommend going to rehab and detoxing if you are able. I did that about 3 months ago. I was taking 90 mg of morphine daily. The treatment facilities have step down medications that make the detox very bearable. The one that they gave us at rehab was suboxin (not sure if I spelled it correctly). I had been on opiates for four years. Good luck to you.

sellers
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

no detox facilities now, im almost through that part! well all know what comes next though, the mental part and the cravings! that makes the physical stuff seem like a breeze! things dont seem very breezy right now though!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How you been doing Bill? Check in time brother!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
GOD do I remember how slower time passes in that state. Doesn't help at all that you're awake for 24 hours instead of the usual 16, either.

Glad you're pulling it off bill, keep it up brother, the downhill side is just around the corner.

I feel sorry for ya, needing magazines ... for me it was just like a 20 second trip ... every hour or so ... can't imagine having to actually STAY in the bathroom for any length of time ... yuck ...
like walking in glue with really heavy shoes on
Old 12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

sorry i havent checked in, im doing okay. still not great, but im feeling a little bit better, will type more later
Old 12-17-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Hang in there, we are counting on you. Dont give up. It gets a lot easier.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by billsmith26 View Post
sorry i havent checked in, im doing okay. still not great, but im feeling a little bit better, will type more later
Great news again. Thanks for checking in. We understand if you don't feel up to typing a diary entry.