Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bval

Originally Posted by billsmith26 View Post
Those are things that help to get those toxins out of your system though, so even though it sucks, it is really helping. I plan to try to view those as a blessing in an unpleasant disguise, and after I let it go for a few hours to get it out I'll start popping some Immodium. One minute at a time, and hopefully things wont get too intensely horrible and I can wrap this up sooner than anticipated!
Actually ... there are really no toxins involved here, IOW this is not like a booze hangover where there are LITERAL toxins involved, put it that way. Opiates are just artificial endorphins, and are remarkably non-toxic in the traditional sense of the word. But if thinking about it that way helps you feel better, then by all means do

The runs come from the fact that the operation of one's digestive system is profoundly affected by the presence of opiates in the system, and is in fact chock-full of opiate receptors that go into full-revolt when the opiates are taken away.

Again, glad you're not doing too badly today. If you're still cool in 12 hours, I'd say you should go out and dance a damn jig cause you've really dodged a bullet here my friend ...