Notices

Three months

Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
outtahere

Yea cc you have 3 months! 3 months, think of it, 3 months! You just can't let the addiction beat you out of more!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I thought for a minute there my thread was a will call box, LOL

One thing I realized is that I'm coming on a time of year where my depression sets in, even though I have been taking my meds (I finally realized that one of my triggers;probably my biggest is when I don't) and I have been getting depressed. Maybe recognition of this will help me.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have 61 days sober and for the last week I have a hard time , I have been having thoughts of using and they have been really strong, is 2 months also a risky time for staying sober?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So are you Anvil. I think you're right. I think we get kind of complacent. Feeling pretty good physically; then this stinking disease lets you forget the hell it put you through for most of those three months so it can sneak up an bite you in the rear.

I just hope I'm ready for it. I'm trying hard! I think I cleaned every closet in my house today, LOL!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey,

When I think about using; I think about the consequences...Jails, institutions, or death...I also think about loosing my family, my daughter everything..I'ts just not worth it..

Liz
Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi CCGirl, 3 months will be a major milestone, congrat's in advance but don't expect anything approaching normality for several months. The psychological roller coaster effect often lasts from 6 months to a year and for me the cravings were often times like a separation from a long term partner or friend and could be quite crushing at times.

These come and go in waves but the intensity falls away over time - in a sense they can come back to haunt me at any time but I can recognize it for what it is and not buy into it. Selective memory syndrome makes the "good times" seem better than they really were and the "bad times" not as bad as they really were but I have too much going on now to relive that again - after a number of relapses, I know all the baggage that comes along with that "just one more time" experience.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

WA, how right you are. One tool I've been using is remember withdrawals. Ugh!