Notices

Are you considered "Clean" if you're on Subs?

Old 06-03-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I struggle with this myself. I have been on suboxone for about 3 years . I take it as prescribed. I see a my doctor every 2 months. the goal is ultimatly get off all the way but the fear inside me is taken over. It's that addict in my head telling me that I wont be ok without it. It is something I need to change my thinking on. I think that it would have been a lot easier for me to have tappered off early when I was still in treatment in a controlled environment. Now in my head I am like well I have to work take care of the kids and the fear of withdraw is something that is still with me its just not a daily issue anymore. I feel I should have done things different. I can relate!!!
Old 06-27-2022, 05:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I consider myself clean on methadone. I don't get high from it, it's prescribed by a doctor, and known to be 100% pure. Ignore those people who tell you to come off of it. Coming off before you're ready presents a real chance of relapse and death. What's worth more - some nosy person's opinion or your life?
Old 07-17-2022, 06:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My stepdaughter's dose of methadone has been tapered to 20 mcgs from originally 120. She's been on it for over a year but she still uses me for money because she says it makes her too tired to work. She's 39 and has been drinking and drugging since she as 12. She and her bf were Narcaned back to life after ODing on heroin with a bit of fetynal added. She lost custody of her 2 young ones and a year later her bf died in her arms from another OD. I've been dealing with this for 18 yrs and even though she has improved greatly she still hasn't matured in any game form. Does someone ever have their prefrontal cortex mature after keeping it from ever being activated?
Old 03-23-2024, 02:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Not concerned clean.

Hello. This is my very first time on this forum. I have been reading all the comments on the topic. I have a personal and similar situation regarding MMTP and my personal journey in recovery. I'm active in my recovery doing services etc. some one who knew that I was on MMTP told my home group that I was on MMTP and the policy meetings began. Now my issue is although I've worked hard getting off of MMTP and used it for the purpose of maintenance to abstinence. I have been counting my clean time from the very beginning when I put down the drugs that made my life unmanageable. Now, the NA rules are trying to take away my personal and hard journey by telling me I wasn't clean while on MMTP. I used it for what it was ment for. So now I'm being told that the 9 month out of the 2 years clean now don't count for nothing. I can't expect that due to the hard work I've done to be clean from the drugs that ruined my life. I can't just rap my head around it. I'm not forgetting my struggles while getting clean and now staying clean.
travisw149
Old 03-23-2024, 03:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Travis

I'm not in NA but those 9 months were certainly not wasted IMO.
Congrats on 2 years!

D