Notices

Does anyone know how long suboxine withdrawals last?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone know how long suboxine withdrawals last?

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how long suboxine withdrawals last?

I'm on day 18 & my pupils are still dilated to the max! Besides feeling ultra shaky inside, this is the only reason I know that it's withdrawals from subs and not still the from the klonopins I took for 10yrs. & quit over 6mos ago ( although from all the research I've done, I'm well aware that benzo withdrawals can last for over a yr....maybe combo withdrawals? )
Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 27 and I am still getting the cold sweats here and there.it comes in waves. For me the worst was over a little after the two week mark tho. What worked best for me was getting out of the house and distracting myself as much as possible. You are doing great and the light is right there. Keep in keeping on, you got this!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lettinggo- I've been off subs now for 11 months..the first 30 days were the absolute worst..the second month was better physically with still no real energy to overachieve...each week gets better and better and after the 100 day mark my energy was really all I was missing. After the fifth month I finally felt "normal" that I dreamed about for years. You can do it just stay positive and don't dwell on the negatives and just hang on the positives. Your doing great!!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot for all the info, Lettinggo2015 & SprungPoppy!
My sub doc said I should be on script for a yr., but I decided to quit 6mos early ( & he wanted me to take 8-12mgs/day, but I only took 4mgs for the 1st 3mos & only 2mgs the last 3mos. & I jumped from that 2mg! )
I was already willing to wait over a yr. for the benzo withdrawals, so what's a bit more!
Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How are things with you kz? W/ds getting better?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I came off suboxone it was about 5 weeks before I really started noticing myself relieved from the WD symptoms. Recently I came off methadone and at 3 and a half months I am just getting my energy back. Progress is much slower this last time, but I've noticed every WD from opiates gets worse. Thank goodness this is the last time!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sprungpoppy, Ty for asking! Yep, still going through some w/d's ( pupils dilated & inner shakes mainly. )

And, Thx Justincredible for telling a bit of your story ( so I know that the w/d's I'm still having are not in my head...psychosomatic, ya know? )

I just realized that my reply written here on the 15th was written when I was high!
I didn't buy any opiates or benzos, but I did get $250 worth of crack ( something quite new to me...what a waste...just to feel better for a day!!! )
In my twisted way of thinking, I figured that since it was in the same class of coke, speed, ect., that it wasn't physically addicting ( & therefore, safe. ) Yea, stupid, I know!

But, I'm happy to say that it was only a 1 day relapse & that I'm doing fine now ( in a much better place mentally! )

Lettinggo, I hope your starting to feel better now!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kzaug, I'm in day 37 and I get small bouts of sweats, low energy etc. Every now and then. Much much better physically tho. Thank you for asking. I'm so much better off today than the last ten years, thank God!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thx for replying, Go!

I'm very happy to hear that you're doing well! There are not a lot of people to talk w/about subs withdrawals & get progress reports from ( as it really helps to stay strong mentally, ya know? )
Thx so much & have a great day!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Update...I'm on idk how many days, on but I quit subs on Feb. 25.
Each day seems to differ for me. I have great days, good days, bad days & really friggin bad days. Thank goodness the really friggin bad days are few & far between now. Today is good, yesterday was bad & Wed. was great.
I'm not sure this is normal, but I'm surviving!
How's everyone else doing?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i want to quit taking subs

I want to stop taking them in the next month or two. Because I heard its worse the longer your on it. But I'm really really worried that I can't get through it. I tried quitting cold turkey on my own and the next day my mind was racing, I was depressed, and I already had a moderate case of restless legs. I know they say it has a half life of a day or two but it was the next day. All I can think about was if it was that hard just a few days after, how can I possibly go weeks and months? It makes me feel stupid for getting on sub's instead of quitting the roxi's. Because it wouldn't lasted as long. But I did because I felt it was my only option. I was buying 7-8 Roxi 30s a day for me and my bf. And was spending over $200 a day. I just wanted to quit so bad because I was sick of never having money. I'm grateful for sub. But I don't know if I'm strong enough to go a month feeling sick. I wish we all didn't have to go through this...
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Britt,
You need to face the fact that no matter what drug you put in your body, you need to pay the piper. You can do this. Look at it this way...what's 1 month outta my entire life? I'm 49 & 1 mo is nothing ( I don't know how old you are, but if you're young, believe me, you don't want to waste your life on drugs. )
With early recovery, take it 1 day at a time. That 1 day will soon turn into 1wk. And then 1mo. And, before your clean & outta w/ds.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice way to look at it. Thanks.