Notices

2 weeks clean - it gets easier

Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks clean - it gets easier

Just wanted to post this for anyone on suboxone who's wanting to quit but may not think it's even possible.

That was me anyways. After using oxycodone, suboxone, and heroin for 6+ years I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to live completely clean. I'd always find myself looking at "normal people" wondering what the hell they were taking, as if just being clean and enjoying life was incomprehensible to me.

But here I am. On day 15, feeling great. This is the longest I've been in 5 years. It hasn't been easy and I'm not through all the withdrawal symptoms but just like everyone says, it is worth it. I already have so much motivation and drive that I didn't have while on suboxone. I have hope for the future.

Alright, just had to share because 2 weeks is a milestone for me.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorb this is exellent news congrats on 2 weeks clean that is amazing

Keep on keepin on Sorb
Old 05-02-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic Sorb!!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go! I know first hand it is a hard thing to kick. I have been off of opiates for 2 years now, and I really do not think about them anymore. If I even smell something that smells like subs or heroin I gag.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sorb, I'm very happy for you & was just wondering how your doing?
Old 05-10-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey kzaug. Still going and things are still getting better.

Today is day 24. I feel pretty good all around. Some days I'm full of energy, some days I barely make it through work. But compared to the first week I have no complaints.

Getting around 5 hours of sleep a night still but I'm so committed this time that I don't care how long it takes, I'm gonna push through.

Been getting a LOT of sun which helps tremendously. Even started doing push ups and squats a few days ago.

Thanks for your post tho. I was gonna post in the thread on my 3 week date but everything was about the same as the 2 week mark. Felt like I didn't have a lot to share. And thanks to everyone else who posted. Even when not posting I've been reading the forums almost daily.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm happy you're still doing well.
I also posted somewhere in the subs forum about how going out in the sun helped me so much. No mind that it was below freezing when I quit in Feb. Lol! Heck, it was below freezing just 2wks here in Mi...ugh!
Idk if you weaned down or just jumped. It, it took about 6wks to get a full nights sleep ( I jumped from 2mgs. )
Have a great wk.!