Notices

Suboxone withdrawal -- more serious than i thought..

Old 09-22-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Night owl

Just want to echo fancy and clean and urge you to get to the doctor or ER, Lonefang. Your symptoms sound scary and clean is right, you can't mix naltrexone (antagonist) and any opiate agonist, that's what the naltrexone is meant to block.

Let us know how you are!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Lyoness, yes I was on it about 5 years ago. I felt it helped with paws and cravings as I seemed to bounce back quickly. I never should have stopped taking it. You know that crazy addict thinking that somehow I'm no longer an addict, I've been cured and don't need it anymore.
Oh, yes, I know that thought only too well! I totally understand.

If you feel like posting or PMing me more detail about the naltrexone I'd love to know more. Does it really stop cravings? Cuz I have them all the time on suboxone, even now, and I thought they were supposed to be blocked by the subs.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sorry to dissappear on you guys. I am assuming that I had a reaction of some sort. Naltrexone is a very dangerous drug itself. It felt like withdraw, which I know taking it early would cause that. Funny my dr told me I could take it on the 3rd day off opiates, but I can't trust him so I did all the research and read the labels that clearly say not to take until you are opiant free for 7 to 10 days. I took it on the sixth day. Stupid. Then, because I was so miserable, took a sub, not knowing what to do. It didn't make me feel worse, which is strange. There wasn't much of an affect at all, maybe because I took a low mg. By that time, I guess the depression of just having failed what I said I would never do again, got to me and I had a full blown panic attack. As a lot of us have, I of course have an extensive background of mental illness. I called my mom, I called treatment centers that were booked up! Then I just gave up. My bf was in IN at a football game so I was here alone. Then, after crying for about two hours for no reason, I just said f-this. I took tylenol for my outragous headache and sat on the couch clinging to my dog and doing whatever I could to get it out of my head that I'm not a failure.

My mom is my saving grace and came yesterday morning and made me a big pot of soup and some much needed counceling and comfort. It did a lot of good just to talk to someone normal. I was able to block some of the lethargy.

My shortness of breath and elevated bp is what I believe to be anxiety because I don't have it sitting down even though I'm not a doctor. When you've been on subs for 3 years, you stay a certain degree of numb and all at once that fell down on me.

My bf is still encouraging me to go to a doctor, which I still may do. I had a seizure when I was 16 and in the mental hospital due to "malnutrition" which we later found out was a drug interaction that the nurse mistakenly gave me the wrong meds. I've also been on almost every kind of anti-depressant, with no change in my mood. So I do have a distrust for doctors, no offense, I know there are a lot of good ones. My other extremly stupid excuse is that my insurance isn't very good and since I already have loans out for school and have missed work, I don't want to rack up more bills.

So sorry to worry anyone. I'm sure I will be fine. Also, can anyone tell me why there are certain times of the day that I'm extremly depressed and unmotivated and then later that day, I'm happy, or at least content and moving around? I am not bi-polar and I know I just need to see a doctor instead of ranting on here about my stupid problems.

Sorry about all of the
Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Lonefang, thanks for checking in and letting us know you're relatively okay. I think all of us can relate to your experience, I surely can. It's so hard when we have to deal with depression, etc., along with our addictions and like you said, those emotions really come roaring back to life when we get off drugs/medications. Although I am so emotional on subs that I hope I don't get even more emotional off them--but that's just me. I seem to be having a very different experience from a lot of what I read about.

I am really glad your mom came and was able to give you some much needed tlc!

As far as different feelings throughout the day. My take on that is that we have circadian rhythms, at different times of the day our bodies are producing different amounts of hormones, neurochemicals, etc. so we're going to feel different at various times. Also, what we've eaten, caffeine, sugar, etc. all play a role, too.

Do you work with a counselor at all? Doctors are one facet of healing from all of this but I find counseling/therapy to be essential. Especially to learn new coping skills and to deal with all my depression, PTSD, anxiety, et al. Also, Naturopathic doctors can be a good alternative. They tend to look for the causes of issues and then try to heal them with nutrition, supplements, natural medicines. Acupuncture can also be a huge help with mental and physical health challenges including addiction and cravings. If I could afford it I would be seeing a great acupuncturist that I know. She works with addiction in both early withdrawal and PAWS. Just some thoughts.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Lyoness for your input. My past experiences with psychiatrists is that they hand out the meds and send you to a councelor/therapist and I already have an appointment for that. I just had no idea this would all take so long to recover and I would still be feeling like this.

I'm always tired physically, but I'm scared to even drink a soda or anything with caffiene because I don't want to be jittery. I am still struggleing to eat, but am forcing myself to do both eat and drink.

Thank you for your suggestions. Getting ready to head to work. Wish me luck!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Night owl

Good luck! And I hope your energy lifts and stabilizes. I know only too well how devastating fatigue can be. So good luck and good energy!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I guess I should start posting on my own thread now.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Lonefang, I'm glad you're alright! Idk how I missed your post. It must have slid down on the forum. What you are describing reminds me of PAWS. I'm sending you this link. It's a pretty good explanation of PAWS. Don't let some of the info cause you alarm. I think the writer is exaggerating or at at least writing about worse case scenarios. I've been a pretty heavy long time user/abuser of oppiates and my symptoms now and in the past have been more suttle. PAWS often times looks like bipolar. Please keep posting. Write about your feelings, it really helps. It's very therapeutic. Make sure to eat healthy and excersize, ok?

http://poppswebsite.com/awareness/po...withdrawal-paw