Notices

Need some advice w/ suboxone...My 1st post!!

Old 09-17-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some advice w/ suboxone...My 1st post!!

**I mistakenly put this in another thread,but want to start my own..

I've stumbled upon this site and have plenty of experience to share w/methadone,but need halp w/ suboxones advice....

Now,fast forward to present day,i went almost 10 years,without so much as a thought about drugs and got hurt in 2009..

They put me on oxycodone,which was a big mistake,as sit lead me to become addicted,given i thought it would be easy to come off and it isn't..

The reason i found this site,is,i have now been on suboxone,for 2 years,w/less than a 1/4 tablet a day,which most find ridiculous,that i can't walk away from,given i waled away from much worse..

I;m looking for people who have had experience,from removing subs completely from their life,to share w/me how they did it.

Nooone,including my wife,sisters,family members,best frieds,etc,have a clue that i've been taking these things for 2 years now and despite the fact i still have never picked up a drug since 1999,i feel like i let myselfdown,by letting the doctors talk me into suboxe,as a way to get off the prescribed oxy's,that i was only on for 3 weeks!!

I took those things for 3 weeks and have now spent over 2 years,in hiding,trying to kick suboxone..

Its' a lonely feeling,w/absolutely noone in my circuit of loved ones or associates,knowing i take this tiny little amount,every day..

The originally,prescribed me 3 pills a day,which i tapered myself down to 1/2 of 1,within 2 weeks,but never told the doctor i was taking any less,so eventually,stockpiled enough for the last 2 years,as well as about 2 more,if i keep going w/ these things,as again,i've never once,taken more than about 1/6th of 1 pill a day,for about 19 months now..

The issues risen for me and reason i'm reaching out is,because,i;ve recently begun to get sick w/ kidney stones and believe uits' partially due to the fact suboxe,when not taken w/ enough water,drys you out inside and hence,casued this whole nutha problem..

My wife has no clue and never knew me when i used,so just feels bad about the stones which are killing me andtough not lettingher know i am taking this tiny amount of crap every day,as wel as not letting my currect treating doctors know either..

I;m due for surgery next week,which means i will have to smuggle in my little fragments of pills,or try to fight it out there,as they will likely be giving me morphine,as kidney stones are no joke..

Any suggestions..

Thanks for having me and thanks for letting me speak..

Last edited by Anna; 09-17-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Removed Email Address
Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You need to tell your doctor about the Suboxone. Your medical history is private between you and your physicians, so if you really want to continue hiding this from your wife, your doctor can't discuss it with her.

This is serious stuff, and if you continue to hide it from your current doctors, there could be serious health repurcussions. Please don't sabotage your own care over this.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks AND ,for the reply..

Ironically,my sister and some of my closest friends are doctors,

and i've been torn about coming clean,as they will all freak out,if

i let the cat out the bag..

My wife has been wondering for 2 years,why i am so depressed sometimes

and why i haven't been interested in sex,which i'm sure alot of you can relate

and just feel so much pressure,by keeping this secret from everyone i know..

Can anyone tell me what dosage these big orange sub pills are??

I destroyed the orignal prescription bottle 2 years ago and hide them in a bufferin

bottle,that i now keep in a safe,which she has no clue how to get in to..

I feel so stupid,that i let this go on so long and now,with the kidney stones,it is

unbearable..

I only take this tiny fragment of the pill every night,after i brush my teeth,so feel so stupid w/2 college degrees and a former executive of 19 years at 1 company,

why this little tiny orange dot,has such a control over my life..

I spent the night in the emergency room triage last Monday,due to the kidney stone

attack and had to smuggle a few frags of subs in w/ me,inside the back of my cell

phone,so i could take them,if they admitted me.

Its crazy and i just want to stop them completely, but paranoid the wife will notice my

withdrawels,if there are any,as i have never tried to go a day w/ out 1,since i started.

Doe is suck as bad as i imagine??
Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sleepless

We can share our experience but we can't give any medical advice here - it's against our rules.

It really is your best interests to seek a professional opinion and address all your queries to them

D
Old 09-17-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks

I understand 100%,but was looking only for people to share experiences and details of familiar sitituations,not neccessarily anything medical,as i know all that stuff..
Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I not going to give advice because we are all different , and as well its not allowed here.
I cut myself down from an enormous amount of Tranqualisers,they were prescribed for me 25 years,by doctors and phychitrists ,as they said I needed them,I also had ECT.
These Tablets are Commercialy produced synthetic,so it took much longer for them to leave my body.........and mind,than growen drugs like heroine.It took me 12 months to get clean safely,cutting down until I just took finger tip powder of tranx the last few days......... I'm now off everything for 25 years.I kept in touch weekly with an understanding Doctor at the time,It was safer,he had helped others before me i presume,so he kept me monitered.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Mike and i apprecate the note..

I've tried for 3 days,to get the couselor i had,back when i went on these Subs in 09,

to call me,so i can pick his brain,w/regards to what he might suggest,is a good plan,to

get off these things completely,but he had a bad habit of never returning calls back

when i was a patient,so don't expect much response,now that i am no longer one..

I'd be lucky if he even remembered me in the 1st place,except that ironically,his wife knew me

from the financial world,which i worked in,at the same place,for 20 years..

I guess i'm on my own,but thanks for the notes and hope you all take care of yourselves..
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The big orange subs are 8mg buprenorphine and 2mg naloxone (so 1/4 pill would be 2mg a day). You really should talk to a doctor about the proper tapering schedule. I have gone on and off subs several times over the years and there are a lot of horror stories, but if done correctly with a TRUE DESIRE to be off of them it is really not that bad. So much of it is mental too so talking to a psychiatrist and a therapist really does help.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well sleepless, the good news is that you are already at a pretty low dose and you only take it once per day! if you're serious about quitting you can do so with a slow taper which should be fairly painless. What I do is just go by my body. I personally go down .5 mg every couple of weeks. I'm now also at 2 mg's which is 1/4 of the sub films that I am prescribed. The films are easier for me to cut than the orange pills were. I've never heard of kidney stones being a side effect but I hear they are painful. You should also probably tell the dr taking care of the stones about the subs because I believe it will interfere with other pain meds and/or anesthesia meds. I'm not a dr, just info I came across in my research. I would like to encourage you to talk to your wife about everything. She could be a good support system for you, just ask her to keep it between you two. Best of luck and feel free to message me.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks TX and MARKUS!!

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Thanks TX and Marcus!!

The big orange subs are 8mg buprenorphine and 2mg naloxone (so 1/4 pill would be 2mg a day). You really should talk to a doctor about the proper tapering schedule. I have gone on and off subs several times over the years and there are a lot of horror stories, but if done correctly with a TRUE DESIRE to be off of them it is really not that bad. So much of it is mental too so talking to a psychiatrist and a therapist really does help.
Markus,thanks and for the 1st time,as the wife is away on business,

i was able to really sit down and break 1 of these into the amount of pieces i take and i come up w/9,so i guess simple arithmnetic tells me i am taking roughly 1.1 mgs every nite,at bedtime,which i am sure all of you will say is "nothing"..

I've been on that exact same dose,assuming of course,each piece i break,is EXACTLY the same,which is impossible,for maybe a year now..

The place where i orginally went to,that prescribed these,won't help unless i am on harder stuff,so again,on my own,w/regards to any help from them,or their doctors..

I don't drink or use anything else but these things,so not alot i can get for help,unless i want to "pretend" i am on something worse,but they'd realize i am not,if they did a urine test..

I just wish i could get them to understand my situation and perhaps put me on the smallest possible dose,w/some type of guidence,as to what works best,for people like me,who do not have any risk of relapse and would make it alot easier,as at leats i would know,i am taking the exact same dose every night...

If i could get the least most possible dose these things come in,i feel it may be much easier to regulate my step down process,to nill,as i am already about there as it is,but just can't take the leap to zero,as the many days i have tried going t osleep w/nothing,i always wake up feeling like doo-doo,so you know the story from there and w/enough of these things still stockpiled,i can't resist taking the little fragment and not man enuf to flush them..YET..

To open up a dialogue w/ a currrent treating physician,regarding these kidney stones or more so,w/my wife,will open pandoras' box,so just not an option..

I am going to likely get admitted within a week,to remove these kidney stones

which means they will likely have me on a morphine drip again,so i think what i will do,is use that,as a way to jump off,as i may try to convince myself,not to smuggle a few in w/me,when i go for this procedurethat may keep me overnight a few days,so thanks again for the help..

Last edited by SLEEPLESS1; 09-20-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: EDITING
Old 09-20-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks TX..

Kidney stones are not a direct side effect,pursay,but i strongly believe,that these things cause one to not want to drink enough fluids and where i am prone to stones,being i had them 11 years ago,it is a fact,that people who do not drink enuf water/fluids,are more prone to stones,especially,people who have already had them,as people who've had them,are 40% more likley to get them again,which is a proven fact,as dehydration,is 1 of the top couple reasons you get them and where i am a daily runner and very athletic and sports oriented my whole life,i still never drank as much fluids as i know i should and have always been critisized for that,as noone understands why i won't drink too much,but it always made me feel like my stomach was too full,hence,made running more uncomfortable..

I also wanted to ask,if you or anyone reading this,has actually quit these things 100%..

I remember back when i was still seeing the gent who "counseled me",that he mentioned 1 of the best ways to come off these completely,was to actually UP your dose,then step down daily etc,so curious,as long as monitors here do not equate my question to "asking for medical advise",if anyone else knows that to be fact??

Thanks again for the support..

P.S..I love these little happy faces..
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sleepless, I'm currently on subs for the 2nd time. I quit successfully and then stuck my hand right back in the fire 2 years later (I know, what a dummy!) it can be done! I sent u a pm with a link to a liquid taper method. From all my research, I believe the liquid taper would b the best way to go. Or at least the way you can get your dose low enough so that it is fairly painless to jump off. I feel your pain with feeling stuck on these things. I actually believe that 1.1 mg would be too high of a dose for me to jump off the subs. Last time I was forced off at 8 mg's and didn't know they would make me sick! Needless to say, I felt like s#|+ for a few weeks back then. But this time I plan to jump off at .25 mg's. You can do it! You're already soooooo close!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In my case I was on Sub's for 10 months starting at 24mg. At the end I stepped down every month 2-4mg at a time, bringing me to the point of taking 2mg every other day from that point I stepped off with no problem but a slight upset stomach at times.
This was my experience with Sub's long-term, along side a Dr. Wish you the best brotha.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thats helpful thanks and i did reach out to a clinic

today,who seemed very helpful,on the advice of some here,

so going in tommorrow,to get a smaller dosage prescribed and

a little coaching as well,as i can likely use it..

I had no clue it would be this easy,to simply call someone and they'd be so

accomodating..

I had to promise to bring in my load of 8mg pills i no longer want,

to exchange for 2mg

pills,which i guess doesn't happen too often..

I can deal w/ that..

Thanks again...
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Updated

**So,on advice of others here and using my own common sense

I did make an appointment and visit a

doctor and brought all my 8MG tabs (about 90 of them) to his office

of which he sat and watched me flush down his toilet yesterday..

He said he would not "treat" me,until i did that...

Once i did that,i noticed he took my situation a little more seriously,as i had

just paid him $300,cash,to throw all those tablets away,only to recieve,4 2MG

tablets in return,of which are to last me 8 days,until i go back for a months supply..

So,he figured i was either a complete ******,or extremely serious about breaking the grip of these things..

Who would throw 90 8 MG subs in a toilet,in return for 4 2 MG subs and a $300 bill,except for one who is taking this seriously,right??

Anyway,i broke the 2mm sub in half and took 1 MG,22.5 hours ago and still feel fine,so only a matter of time,b4 i'm down to zero and off this crazy ****..

To anyone readingthis,that is trying to rid themselves of this crap,please

understand i am the biggest baby out there,but if you put your mind to it and

DO NOT enter in any other substances,YOU CAN kick this stuff reltively

easily,as long as you accept a little uncomfortableness and alot of doctors advice..
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I NEED ADVICE !! I have been taking oxycodone 30mgs since like Janurary consistentlyand only taking 2 or 3 the most a day i would crush them up and do them that way I have never actually taking it by mouth... I recently exactly 8 days ago stopped taking them by myself with no help..I have access to suboxones so I was taking them since i have been off starting with two halfs (TABLETS) a day until yesterday I only took 1/4 of one. I know a girl close to me who was taking oxys for 3 years and recently went to rehab i seen her yesterday and we talked and i asked her how they detoxed her. She told me they gave her 3 subs for the first 3 days, 2 , 2 than 1 than by the 7th day she was done and not taking anything at all and hasnt since. she is now 40 days clean and is doing great. Now today i have not taking anything at all and im trying to get through the day without anything. Considering she was on them for 3 years and taking alot more than me im thinking if they stopped her with suboxone at 7 days shouldnt i do the same thing? I just need some advice and some thoughts right now because no one knows that im going through this right now besides my bf i could never tell my parents. My back feels very sore and im loosing hope.. i really want to try to do this on my own because i dont have the money to go get help with it right now ... the reason i dnt want to go to the doctor is because im afraid they will put me on suboxone and i will than be addicted to that..my whole point is that i dont want to be stuck on anything else considering i have heard subs are VERY hard to kick..what do you think?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FT

Hi hawaii,

You shouldn't be taking ANY drugs that were not prescribed to you, including suboxone.

Most people take this stuff to avoid withdrawals from opiates. Then they are stuck on suboxone to detox from.

I rarely post here, but no one has responded to you, so I thought I'd try to help. Seriously the best thing to do is to quit taking street drugs and only take stuff a doctor has given to you. Self medicating, including with suboxone, is a very bad idea.

No matter which drug you detox from, subs or oxys, most people have some amount of withdrawal symptoms. They don't last forever, so why not quit this slow torture you are doing to yourself, and accept whatever amount of withdrawal you have to accept.

Then put this behind you and NEVER take pain pills again, unless you are in such severe pain a doctor thinks you need them.

FT
Old 09-24-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Don't give up..

If you are looking for people w/ recent expereince,thats me and let me tell you,i assumed it would be horrible trying to come off these things,after over 2 years takingthem,but decided to just go get lesser strength pills and within a few days now,i'm taking half of 2 mg per day (1mg always rite b4 bed)
and couldn't feel better..

If you just do it,instead of worrying yourself sick,you will be shocked how easy it is,as long as you are clean of everything else..

I stresed over this over 2 years now and within a few days,i'm already forgetting to take it (last night i forgot to take it and slept fine)so i feel so stupid for letting this go on for so long..

Just hang in there,take as little as possible and go get some help if you need it..
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the replys I really do appreciate it. Lucky for me I found a great doctor that i went and seen on Monday. Its day three under his treatment and I feel like a million bucks. I am so happy I went and got the help because it was for sure worth it!! I know my future is bright and my advice to anyone who is reading this, that getting help is the BEST way to get through this kind of thing. I am so happy I made the right choice my relationships with my boyfriend, family and friends are already improving! If anyone has any other questions or needs advice feel free to message me or reply!