Notices

P.a.w.s

Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SugarScars View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, Jazz. I've not had any PAWS symptoms, but I think it's because I weaned myself so sloooooooooowly off of my Suboxone that my body started detoxing a little bit at a time for a year or more.

Today, I'm happy to say that I truly understand what "feeling normal" is like. Whew! It's taken awhile for that one to become a reality.
i dont now if its paws it just feals like i dont fit eny were{even in my clothes}
Old 05-29-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Jazz

I've said this before....you've come too far to go backwards now.

Do what ever you have to do to get yourself together, mate. Start with seeing the Dr.

I know first hand how destructive alcohol can be.
D
thanks dee
Old 05-29-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that, Jazz. I've not had any PAWS symptoms, but I think it's because I weaned myself so sloooooooooowly off of my Suboxone that my body started detoxing a little bit at a time for a year or more.

Today, I'm happy to say that I truly understand what "feeling normal" is like. Whew! It's taken awhile for that one to become a reality.
I have gipses of normalaty and thats what scares me
not that im affayed of it . I long to be it . I now or feal im so close
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Jazz.
Being scared of being 'normal' again is pretty common I think.

I was scared if I was normal again did that mean I'd face some crisis and just do the same things over again?

I faced a few crises and got through.
I know now I'm drug free but not the same man I used to be.

You can do it too Jazz. Give yourself some credit, mate.

D
Old 05-30-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Maybe hard to believe, but the worst is behind you. IME, walking through PAWS is tougher than going through acute W/D. I've come out, felt better, and looked forward to moving on, only to be slammed by seemingly endless problems. Looking back, that seems entirely in line with the way I used, which tended towards binging.

Insomnia really wears a person down. Combine that with myriad other symptoms, and it can become near-overwhelming. That's what always led to relapse for me!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Live it

Originally Posted by jazz66 View Post
I have gipses of normalaty and thats what scares me
not that im affayed of it . I long to be it . I now or feal im so close
I understand the clothes thing. I was actually always really sensitive, at one point my parents thought I was maybe autistic, because I always had PHYSICAL symptoms that the opiates treated: hypersensitivity to lights, sounds and tactile stimuli. I think I definitely have something special going on, but lucky for me, I outgrew the majority of my sensitivity.

BUT when I quit Suboxone, YES, I had a HARD TIME wearing clothes and preferred to go naked because I couldn't deal with the feeling of fabric against my skin. This took almost 2 months to get rid of.

I felt extremely sensitive ... so I know what you mean. It's a lot better now. It's been 6 months.

Just think, using now will only make things worse later! NOT using now will make things BETTER later. You can do it!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I understand the clothes thing. I was actually always really sensitive, at one point my parents thought I was maybe autistic, because I always had PHYSICAL symptoms that the opiates treated: hypersensitivity to lights, sounds and tactile stimuli. I think I definitely have something special going on, but lucky for me, I outgrew the majority of my sensitivity.

BUT when I quit Suboxone, YES, I had a HARD TIME wearing clothes and preferred to go naked because I couldn't deal with the feeling of fabric against my skin. This took almost 2 months to get rid of.

I felt extremely sensitive ... so I know what you mean. It's a lot better now. It's been 6 months.

Just think, using now will only make things worse later! NOT using now will make things BETTER later. You can do it!!!
WoW hupersensitivity is only supposed to last a few days but i still look at things and thay look supper clear
like im tripping even 11 monthes on