Notices

P.a.w.s

Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

WTF??? U ok?? Yes they did. At eleven months I am more balanced than I can remember at any time in my life. I do get a little edgy at times, but that's mostly related to too moch caffeine. Hope you're ok my friend!!!?? Umm should this thread even still be up?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds like your writing a rap song about PAWS...hope it keeps you from drinking...Good luck !!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

what's up Jazz? You seem troubled.

I think if you're still fuzzy headed after 11 months, it may be PAWs - but it may be
any number of things....aren't you on new meds right now too ?

Did you ask the doc about it?
D
Old 05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think I'm dealing with Paws or something like that , I still having trouble with stuff, still craving stuff and it's been over a year.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Post Accute Withdrawal Symptoms

P.A.W.S. Addiction is always there. Try to keep busy and think of other things. The busier you are, the better off you will be. If you have alot of time on your hands, you will think about using that much more. FIGHT for your sobriety. The first 15 months of sobriety are really tough. The brain is not back to normal yet. It takes almost 2 years for the brain to heal. Don't give up your clean time. One day at a time, and Just for today, don't pick up, and don't get high.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what's up Jazz? You seem troubled.

I think if you're still fuzzy headed after 11 months, it may be PAWs - but it may be
any number of things....aren't you on new meds right now too ?

Did you ask the doc about it?

D
yes and thay have weeknd my rezolve
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Then you need to go back to the doc mate, as soon as poss, and discuss it with him/her, I reckon.

You've come too far now to start going backwards Jazz.

D
Old 05-22-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

sleepers are great when thay work i feal fantastick when thay do
ive only taken 3 when i fealt i need them of the dockter
but when thay dont work i feal intoxicated when i get up
and when im itoxicated i have no self control..
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Damn Jazz, this place has been a ghost town lately so I haven't been around. Sounds like you needed someone to talk to...

I completely understand bro, times are pretty rough on this end as well....I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be ok. It feels like something in my brain has shut off and it's hard to even crack a smile. I feel irritated and it takes very little to set me off. And I hate it for my son right now because I don't feel like I'm being the best dad right now. I don't feel like I'm doing any thing very well right now in life, just completely unhappy and unmotivated. I don't feel like working, cleaning...only thing that I really like to do right now is watch TV. I just hope something gives soon b/c I don't know how much more I can take like this.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
Damn Jazz, this place has been a ghost town lately so I haven't been around. Sounds like you needed someone to talk to...

I completely understand bro, times are pretty rough on this end as well....I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be ok. It feels like something in my brain has shut off and it's hard to even crack a smile. I feel irritated and it takes very little to set me off. And I hate it for my son right now because I don't feel like I'm being the best dad right now. I don't feel like I'm doing any thing very well right now in life, just completely unhappy and unmotivated. I don't feel like working, cleaning...only thing that I really like to do right now is watch TV. I just hope something gives soon b/c I don't know how much more I can take like this.
nice to hear from you snowman im still strong on the not taking methadone
but i have sliped a bit on the legal vices
Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KINGOFNEWYORK View Post
Sounds like your writing a rap song about PAWS...hope it keeps you from drinking...Good luck !!
you make your own luck. but your wright
Old 05-22-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jazz and Snowman, after reading this post my heart goes out to you both. I do know this much, and that is that methadone, and heroin, and opiates are a terrible withdrawal. Most patients suffer for a while. They are irritated and agitated, and it really is awful. I heard Dr. Drew Pinsky talking about getting off of methadone and those type of drugs. He said it's really tough.

The good news is, that after 6-8 months, the patient starts feeling better. And within a year or two, your brain can heal and go back to normal.

So, HANG IN THERE PEOPLE.
It's better to struggle a bit now, than live the rest of your life as a drug addict.That is a full time job, with no pay, and no benefits.
For now, one day at a time, and know there is hope to feel normal again.

Give your brain a chance to heal.

Praying to my GOD for all of the struggling addicts.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

angels

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Jazz and Snowman, after reading this post my heart goes out to you both. I do know this much, and that is that methadone, and heroin, and opiates are a terrible withdrawal. Most patients suffer for a while. They are irritated and agitated, and it really is awful. I heard Dr. Drew Pinsky talking about getting off of methadone and those type of drugs. He said it's really tough.

The good news is, that after 6-8 months, the patient starts feeling better. And within a year or two, your brain can heal and go back to normal.

So, HANG IN THERE PEOPLE.
It's better to struggle a bit now, than live the rest of your life as a drug addict.That is a full time job, with no pay, and no benefits.
For now, one day at a time, and know there is hope to feel normal again.

Give your brain a chance to heal

Praying to my GOD for all of the struggling addicts.
angelic if your not an angel you shud be
Old 05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

saying that ive seen that photo biffore dont mess with head
thanks.. its messed up anoff
Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Awhhhhh, thank you so much for that compliment
My heart goes out to you. My brother died after six years of being clean from heroin and methadone. He decided to get high and he died. Fight for your lives people. You can have a great life if you want it. Wishing you a healing. You would think that after 6 yrs a person would be out of the woods, but addiction is like a snake, laying low and always waiting to attack. Never let your guard down. Sending up prayers for all addicts who are struggling with addiction.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

your a good person angalic.its an evel thing addiction.my brother died to 6 monthes ago never seeing realaty .we were a close famaly i look at his children every day. with gilt becasue it was my fault
Old 05-23-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jazz

I've said this before....you've come too far to go backwards now.

Do what ever you have to do to get yourself together, mate. Start with seeing the Dr.

I know first hand how destructive alcohol can be.
D
Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazz66 View Post
your a good person angalic.its an evel thing addiction.my brother died to 6 monthes ago never seeing realaty .we were a close famaly i look at his children every day. with gilt becasue it was my fault

Don't blame yourself Jazz. You didn't put the drugs in his body. He did, and even if you played a part in using with him, or copping it for him, it's still not your fault. Addiction is a disease, and you probably are sick with it too.
Don't look back, move forward. I have 5 yrs clean on May29th. My drug was vicodins, prescribed by my own doctor for me, because of broken bones that I had. Then I came down with the disease of addiction. Should I blame my doctor? I could. But, I won't. Cause I used the drug. He didn't put a gun to my head. I went every month faithfully to get those pills. I wanted them. Long after I didn't need them anymore. My doctor really didn't want to give them to me anymore, but I was very persuasive. He knew I was addicted, and he prescribed alot of them in large doses. I got straight when I was ready. Hang in there Jazz. Don't feel guilty. I'm very sorry about the loss of your brother, and your still grieving. I can honestly say I know how you feel.
Hang in there. Be strong, and the best thing you can do to honor your brother, is to live a clean life. Work on yourself, and know that your life is worth something. Again, I'm so sorry about your brother.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Live it

I'm sorry to hear that, Jazz. I've not had any PAWS symptoms, but I think it's because I weaned myself so sloooooooooowly off of my Suboxone that my body started detoxing a little bit at a time for a year or more.

Today, I'm happy to say that I truly understand what "feeling normal" is like. Whew! It's taken awhile for that one to become a reality.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Don't blame yourself Jazz. You didn't put the drugs in his body. He did, and even if you played a part in using with him, or copping it for him, it's still not your fault. Addiction is a disease, and you probably are sick with it too.
Don't look back, move forward. I have 5 yrs clean on May29th. My drug was vicodins, prescribed by my own doctor for me, because of broken bones that I had. Then I came down with the disease of addiction. Should I blame my doctor? I could. But, I won't. Cause I used the drug. He didn't put a gun to my head. I went every month faithfully to get those pills. I wanted them. Long after I didn't need them anymore. My doctor really didn't want to give them to me anymore, but I was very persuasive. He knew I was addicted, and he prescribed alot of them in large doses. I got straight when I was ready. Hang in there Jazz. Don't feel guilty. I'm very sorry about the loss of your brother, and your still grieving. I can honestly say I know how you feel.
Hang in there. Be strong, and the best thing you can do to honor your brother, is to live a clean life. Work on yourself, and know that your life is worth something. Again, I'm so sorry about your brother.
you have avery good insite and thanks