Notices

Suboxone ?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well this my second full day on the Soboxone and all seems to be going well. I got a little sleepy yesterday afternoon, but that could have been from not sleeping Monday night. I really didn't have any thoughts about the Lortab or Percocets yesterday and none today. I went back for a follow up with the doctor and that went well, so I continue to take 1/2 of the 8mg tablet 3 times a day. Anyone taken this before is 12mg per day aboout the average dose?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
Well this my second full day on the Soboxone and all seems to be going well. I got a little sleepy yesterday afternoon, but that could have been from not sleeping Monday night. I really didn't have any thoughts about the Lortab or Percocets yesterday and none today. I went back for a follow up with the doctor and that went well, so I continue to take 1/2 of the 8mg tablet 3 times a day. Anyone taken this before is 12mg per day aboout the average dose?

I don't think you will be needing Lortab now that your using suboxone. You are taking 12mgs a day, and that is a strong dose. I took 8 mgs for a couple of days, then cut down to 4 mgs for a day, then down to 2mgs for couple of days, then I was done. It worked very well, and very fast for me. I had very slight anxiety, but it was probably mental. I was very aware of what I was feeling. But everyone is different. Don't mix the suboxone with opiates. You will get sick, and shouldn't go back and forth. I never touched another opiate after the suboxone. It worked a miracle for me. Congratulations on your new life in recovery. It's a beautiful thing. I'm 4 years clean from 30 es vicodins a day. If I can do it, anyone can.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah 12 is strong, everybody differs if you just went on a quick binge with the opiates and feel stong in your previous recovery efforts I would talk to the doc about a rapid taper and discontinuation don't let sub become you DOC. Use it to detox comfortably. My Dr says it help a lot of adicts stabilize in recovery and prevents relapse. Listen to your body and EDUCATE yourself and reflect before your let the weeks and months add up.

Good for you glad your feeling better.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That's what I was thinking 12mg was a high dose from what I had read here. I have not had any using thoughts and that is a good thing. I have not really had any back pain either. So this morning I only took a 2mg dose, I agree with what you are say Jimba I don't want this to become my DOC, if 2mg works to keep the craving away from the pain killers, I'm going reduce my dose to that and let the doctor know.
Again thanks to everyone here for you feed back and support.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dropping off to 2 is a big deal to. you need to talk to the dr and plan a rapid detox don't go crazy on your own. You just started. If it works it works If it does not its going to take a couple of days for it to impact you.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi...I am new to this site and I am having a hard time contacting anyone.....I made my original post about Suboxone but I guess maybe I put it in the wrong area bc no one really replied. I am looking for friends that have experience in Suboxone....please read my other post too!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lets hear your story, I am interested, you can start a new thread here and it will be picked up by some good people.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

heres the thing i was were you are right now i ate loratabs everyday for 7 years i wanted off because i was spending alot of money on it plus my wife was on me to stop so i tried cold turkey and was clean for 2 weeks but i went back on them i thought i have them out of my system i should be ok to eat a couple today, that led to me useing everyday again for another 6 months then i read about suboxine i got a script and 2 years later i am trying to come off them so my advice to you is this getting off loratabs is rough because of the withdraws if you could take the suboxine for 2 weeks and stop them you would get through without any withdraws but if you use subs for a longer period of time it will be harder to get off of it than loratab it has a long life so it stays with you longer.if you can take a week off from everything and detox you will feel good after 7 days then go to na meetings to help you stay clean,you have to have a strong urge to quit and stay quit so the meetings are very helpful for this.best of luck you can do this i hope this helped
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

and on the subs i would taper off on the 2nd week any questions contact me like ive said ive been on this 2 years and now coming off
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted back, but I been busy at work. This are going well. I have had a little back pain, but Aleve took care of it. On the suboxone, the Dr. had me on 4mg 3 times a day, I done that for a few day, the start taking 2mg each dose for the time a day for a few days. Now I only taking 2mg doses twice a day. So I'm down from 12mg a day to only 4mg. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but i have not had any thoughts of using. I'm going to start next week just taking 2mg a day and see how that goes. I go back to the doctor on the 21st, so I'm keeping notes on all of this to discuss with the doctor when I return. Hard to get to NA meeting but I have been making my AA meeting. Just want to give everyone an update and also thanks for all of the feed back.

HarleyMan
Old 05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Harleyman I am right behind you, I was using a bunch of hydro's a day for years, yesterday I went through the clinic and was placed on 12mgs of suboxone for 3 days, then 10mgs for 3 days...so forth until my final dose of 2mgs for the last 3 days...totaling an 18 day "program". So far all is ok.....I just hope the Dr has me on the right tapering program. He seems to know his stuff and did a full day evaluation with me, so I have confidence. Any thoughts from the veterans around here I would appreciate...I just want my life back and be chemical free.

Thanks all and good luck!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I wish I would have found your Dr.s I am struggling to taper after about 5 months of use (sub). Good job harley man. I don't know what happens exactly below 4mg but it's been rough for me. And below 2 to abstinence is rough I hear. So if you get skidish and think about using use the sub not your DOC.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Jimba,

What did your DR. start you out with? Mine as you know started me a 4mg 3 times a day, the dropping the dose was my idea after reading your post here about using the soboxone long term and then cutting down. Allot of doctors here I called, I was told it could be months, so I was sure how long the process should take. Did you doctor start you on a year program or something like that?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
Jimba,

What did your DR. start you out with? Mine as you know started me a 4mg 3 times a day, the dropping the dose was my idea after reading your post here about using the soboxone long term and then cutting down. Allot of doctors here I called, I was told it could be months, so I was sure how long the process should take. Did you doctor start you on a year program or something like that?
Sorry for budding in here Harley, just wanted to add that my Dr. said it was best to (at least for me) do a fairly quick on and off program, mine totaling 18 days. He said for me there was no reason to stay on the stuff for long, and after reading how tough it is for some people to get off the subs after long term usage I am hoping he is right.

Thoughts? I am curious what your Dr. said.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
Sorry for budding in here Harley, just wanted to add that my Dr. said it was best to (at least for me) do a fairly quick on and off program, mine totaling 18 days. He said for me there was no reason to stay on the stuff for long, and after reading how tough it is for some people to get off the subs after long term usage I am hoping he is right.

Thoughts? I am curious what your Dr. said.
Get off quick it is an easy out unless you linger on it, in which case you may become addicted to the sub. If you are a Hardcore and worry about relapse the sub is a great thing and detox for me at least is bothersome, but a far cry from the alternative I have been on for 6 months and have a 6-8 week taper plan the tapers are a little rough for 3-5 days (not rough like rough, like a little sick to my stomach maybe a little loose bowl) thats it. I,m down to 3 mg cravings for other drugs are minimal a lot of it is mental for me. You are riding the high of "I'm off the sh1t boat" thinking, keep the inertia going and get off but remember it is there if you need it.

My Dr told me they are going to release an implant that lasts for 6 months, no pills nothing, I dont know if the implant takes care of the taper but that would be a big discission to make almost like getting hitched.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
Get off quick it is an easy out unless you linger on it, in which case you may become addicted to the sub. If you are a Hardcore and worry about relapse the sub is a great thing and detox for me at least is bothersome, but a far cry from the alternative I have been on for 6 months and have a 6-8 week taper plan the tapers are a little rough for 3-5 days (not rough like rough, like a little sick to my stomach maybe a little loose bowl) thats it. I,m down to 3 mg cravings for other drugs are minimal a lot of it is mental for me. You are riding the high of "I'm off the sh1t boat" thinking, keep the inertia going and get off but remember it is there if you need it.

My Dr told me they are going to release an implant that lasts for 6 months, no pills nothing, I dont know if the implant takes care of the taper but that would be a big discission to make almost like getting hitched.
Thanks,

I received some good advice recently concerning tapering off (have only been on for 4 days)....it will consist of tapering my dosage down 25% every 4days until mission complete. So I will be done with this in about 4 weeks total....

Thanks for the input, that implant deal sounds pretty good.....wish they released it now!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well I'm in my second month now. No desire to use Lortab or OC. The doctor still has me taking 4mg 3time a day, but I told her I was taking only 4 twice a day, was taking the 3rd dose at night and she was fine with that, so I'm now taking 4mg in the morning and if I feel like I need it I take a 2mg late afternoon. I have noticed that I'm smoking more now, I don't know if that is the medication or not. But all in all it's going well. I go back to see the doctor in a couple of weeks. Hope everyone here is doing well.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yeah for some reason that seems like plenty to keep me stable, Ive had a problem once I get dwon to 2mg I think thats when the real detox starts Ive heard 1mg is like coming of the oxy so you gotta take it slow at the bottom.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Does anybody have problems with sex, when I was on the norcos I was all over my wife, for years now on Subs and on a tad of a smaller dose, sex is the last thing on my mind, I hope this passes fast, it is a bummer and now she thinks something is wrong, she now knows how much I was using and she was kind of against the Sub, she did alot of reading on it on the internet, but she is glad I am off the drugs, Not trying to hijack your thread !
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yeah havent really felt like sex since the sub even the oxies and vics diminished my drive.

You'll get more responses if you start a new thread!