Thread: Suboxone ?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Jimba

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
Sorry for budding in here Harley, just wanted to add that my Dr. said it was best to (at least for me) do a fairly quick on and off program, mine totaling 18 days. He said for me there was no reason to stay on the stuff for long, and after reading how tough it is for some people to get off the subs after long term usage I am hoping he is right.

Thoughts? I am curious what your Dr. said.
Get off quick it is an easy out unless you linger on it, in which case you may become addicted to the sub. If you are a Hardcore and worry about relapse the sub is a great thing and detox for me at least is bothersome, but a far cry from the alternative I have been on for 6 months and have a 6-8 week taper plan the tapers are a little rough for 3-5 days (not rough like rough, like a little sick to my stomach maybe a little loose bowl) thats it. I,m down to 3 mg cravings for other drugs are minimal a lot of it is mental for me. You are riding the high of "I'm off the sh1t boat" thinking, keep the inertia going and get off but remember it is there if you need it.

My Dr told me they are going to release an implant that lasts for 6 months, no pills nothing, I dont know if the implant takes care of the taper but that would be a big discission to make almost like getting hitched.