Owning my choice

Old 12-16-2023, 07:10 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's seasonal but my depression is showing. Thoughts of ending it peacefully in a way that would surely be found to be natural causes. No real intent, but lingering thoughts and deepening feelings of depression.
Old 12-16-2023, 11:26 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have a doctor or therapist you speak to, Charon?
Might be good to touch base with them?

D
Old 12-16-2023, 03:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Aside what Dee said...
and...Call 988 https://988lifeline.org/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=one box]Suicide Crisis Lifeline Just say Hi and go from there.

Do you know how and how do you challenge those thoughts with REBT or CBT?

Your self-critical voice needs to be challenged with positive affirmations. You have plenty of good qualities. People like you, you are liked here, and I like you. There have been times when you helped others in their time of need. I have too. List all your good qualities and your hopes and dreams down in print. Use the printout or post as your power to challenge and stop your mean inner voice. You have worked hard in recovery making progress. This is just more recovery to do, that's all.

Go for walks in the sun when you can. Keep busy with projects and hobby's, find something new to do. Post more here or in New To Recovery forum.

Holdfats matie.

Last edited by Zencat; 12-16-2023 at 03:06 PM. Reason: WTF my link :-(
Old 12-18-2023, 05:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do you have a doctor or therapist you speak to, Charon?
Might be good to touch base with them?

D
Yep. A really great therapist and a fantastic primary care doctor. Saw both of them very recently and discussed.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Aside what Dee said...
and...Call 988 https://988lifeline.org/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=one box]Suicide Crisis Lifeline Just say Hi and go from there.

Do you know how and how do you challenge those thoughts with REBT or CBT?

Your self-critical voice needs to be challenged with positive affirmations. You have plenty of good qualities. People like you, you are liked here, and I like you. There have been times when you helped others in their time of need. I have too. List all your good qualities and your hopes and dreams down in print. Use the printout or post as your power to challenge and stop your mean inner voice. You have worked hard in recovery making progress. This is just more recovery to do, that's all.

Go for walks in the sun when you can. Keep busy with projects and hobby's, find something new to do. Post more here or in New To Recovery forum.

Holdfats matie.
It could just be seasonal blues. On the other hand, I know all the things you said are true - I'm just very, very tired. Nothing is overwhelming, so there's no urgency. Just an ocasional thought that has been persistant for many years now. Little chance I would be proactive. But when the time comes I will be grateful.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Haven't posted in a long while. Cyclic blues but still working on keeping mooring lines intact. So little activity here that posting isn't very helpful. I have my Monday SMART Zoom meeting with a great bunch and drums, SuperCub, Orchids, and Ruthless. Going to start doing some woodworking & turning. I am keeping busy - but not overdooing that.BTW, anyone interested in checking out SMART could email Marbeth at mcbatsford******.com. She will send a confirmation and registration (Zoom) link. Then you join the meeting at 6 pm Mondays by clicking the link and following the path to open Zoom.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:26 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

A recent development involving relatives of my wife moving here to insert themselves into out lives has thrown me for a temporary loop. I despise these people and want nothing to do with them. Innitially I thought of only two options. Both involved leaving - two different paths. Neither optimal. Once I recovered from the shock, and after an appointment with my therapist, I've resolved to persue a third option - fight. I knew I was making a mistake before my marrage but it was too late to back out. As a brainwashed catholic I decided that I would accept the marrage as pennance for the way I discarded my first marrage. It has been many unplesant years. This invasion of her relatives is something I did not sign up for and way over my pay grade. So, with the blkessings of my therapist, I will take care of myself, do what I want to do, discontinue appeasing, accomodating, and being subserviant. As far as ther relatives, I will refuse to be around them. If they are too invasive I will be rude. If that doesn't work I will be blunt. I've done my pennance. I've served my sentance. I will take care of me for the little time I have left. alea iacta est - liber sum