FURIOUS at myself

Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Even before I was using I hated when people would meddle like that. So you heard my name over the scanner. Big deal, nothing happened (as far as (s)he knows). This person wanted drama, plain and simple. I could take it that they're watching out for me, but really, they're just meddlesome. I have zero respect for police anyway, and certainly none for someone who would rat me out to either the police or my parents.

And it's not just the cat and mouse games with the cops since I've been using. Cops lie in court, steal drugs for personal use while arresting and charging the person they stole it from, steal cash from people they have arrested, etc. Bottom line is they're like everyone else with one very important exception: it's almost impossible for them to get in trouble for their misdeeds because they're buddies with the other cops and will never get arrested.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Resident

That is a sad but true fact for a lot of police Gneiss and if you are ever a victim of crime you can be sure that nothing will come of your case.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so confused by this thread.

You drank 12 beers...which got you "hammered" which led you to DRIVING to a dealers house "hammered" where you did lines and got back into your car, I would assume more "hammered" and DROVE away. Upon which a cop....doing his/her job pulled you over....your bf swallowed any evidence of the drug use and you cried so that the cop would let you go. How this turned into dishonest cops is beyond me.
You complain that it is almost impossible for cops to get in trouble for their misdeeds yet you walked away scot-free, seems a bit "pot calling kettle" don't you think.

I'm happy you are safe and hope you learned a valuable lesson, but it seems to me the finger pointing is not serving you well.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Again, I'll reiterate: I did pretty much nothing right, and I said that above. I know I got away with one. No finger-pointing was involved though. I feel fully justified in being ticked off that someone who was completely unrelated to the whole situation would call my parents and start cr@p with them.

The discussion of police dishonesty in general is separate (hence its separate paragraph... or did you forget 9th grade English class?), but related. It's hypocritical for someone who breaks the law to tell others not to break the law. And I 100% agree with Fubar: the police can't be trusted to take things seriously when you report a crime. In fact, when I had the opportunity to report a crime I did not bother. Instead a couple of my friends just beat the hell out of the perpetrator. No fuss, no expensive lawyers, and problem solved in one night. It might be a bit redneck but it worked a lot better than having the police treat me like an idiot.

Last edited by gneiss; 03-08-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

(hence its separate paragraph... or did you forget 9th grade English class?)
Wow...

Time for me to step out of this thread.

All the best to you...

<3
Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought he pulled you over cos you were pulling away from a known meth house?
I'm a bit confused myself.

Just stay furious at yourself, I think - we're the only ones we can change, Gneiss.

9th grade English? looks like I missed an edit. OK, time for me to bow out too.

I hope you learned a bigger lesson here than 'cops suck'.
D
Old 03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Resident

You might be a redneck is all four of your tires were stolen from tire swings.

I had my house broken into and there were bloody fingerprints where the perp cut himself. All the cop said was don't worry about catching them. We don't take fingerprints. I am just here to give you a report for your insurance claim. It was so annoying as there is a deductible on the insurance and some of the jewelery stolen was sentimental to my wife. That is a resentment I let go a long time ago though.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Dee... he pulled me over because he thought (correctly) I had just purchased drugs at the meth house I had just left. He couldn't prove it though, so had to let me go. Though, he told me he pulled me over for running a stop sign, which was a big fat lie. I learned my lesson though, and it was not just that cops suck. I learned cops suck a long time ago.

Anyway... think I'd better get off here for the day, I'm a bit on the b!tchy side, and I'm afraid I'm going to really get mean if I stay on here. Adios.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I was out of line on the English class comment. Sorry bugs.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Honestly gneiss I am not bothered by what people say who are active in their addiction, they will rationalize anything. I was simply pointing out that you had in fact broken the law numerous times that evening in addition to any commitment that you might have had towards a sober life. My feelings were and still are that your energies might be put towards working on yourself rather than sitting in judgement of others.

I'm not sure how to react to the obvious pleasure you get from having your friends play the role of judge, jury and executioner if you will...that I believe would be up to ones moral code. You might consider finding different friends.

Anyway...just my thoughts, do with them what you will. I do hope you give sobriety a fighting chance.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
... your energies might be put towards working on yourself rather than sitting in judgement of others... You might consider finding different friends.
*Cough cough.*

Memo
To: Kettle
Re: Black.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Carry on gneiss and best of luck to you.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Likewise, bugs.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Locking this thread and hoping we can start to work on discussing recovery.