Trusting your inner wisdom.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Trusting your inner wisdom.

October 22, 2008
Finding Answers Within
You Have All the Answers
Many of us seek the answers to life’s questions by looking outside of ourselves and trying to glean advice from the people around us. But as each of us is unique, with our own personal histories, our own sense of right and wrong, and our own way of experiencing the world that defines our realities, looking to others for our answers is only partially helpful. The answers to our personal questions can be most often found by looking within. When you realize that you always have access to the part of you that always knows what you need and is meant to act as your inner compass, you can stop searching outside of yourself. If you can learn to hear, trust, and embrace the wisdom that lives within you, you will be able to confidently navigate your life.

Trusting your inner wisdom may be awkward at first, particularly if you grew up around people who taught you to look to others for answers. We each have exclusive access to our inner knowing. All we have to do is remember how to listen. Remember to be patient as you relearn how to hear, receive, and follow your own guidance. If you are unsure about whether following your inner wisdom will prove reliable, you may want to think of a time when you did trust your own knowing and everything worked out. Recall how the answers came to you, how they felt in your body as you considered them, and what happened when you acted upon this guidance. Now, recall a time when you didn’t trust yourself and the results didn’t work out as you had hoped. Trusting your own guidance can help you avoid going against what you instinctively know is right for you.

When you second guess yourself and go against what you know to be your truth, you can easily go off course because you are no longer following your inner compass. By looking inside yourself for the answers to your life’s questions, you are consulting your best guide. Only you can know the how’s and why’s of your life. The answers that you seek can be found when you start answering your own questions

For more information visit dailyom.com
This really says it all for me.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks....I forget that alot!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
things as it is

Thanks for the post, zencat!

It is also a human fraility or insecurity that makes us want to find answers elsewhere...ergo the success of cults and organized religion. Many would rather look to others to follow than to develop their own inner compass. It takes hard work and you must do it alone. Not very appealing, but incredibly rewarding.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, zencat, for this important reminder. We will hear the voices of love and compassion from within, the true voice of wisdom. If we hear voices of self-hate, - there is something inherently wrong with us, that we should be punished, that we don't deserve a life that goes well - these voices are not true and have nothing to say - those are the voices we listened to when we were using drugs/alcohol. Turn away from them and keep going back to the voices of love and compassion. They are always there and will always be of help. What a miracle!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all....I found myself saying out loud, and out of the blue...I hate you. Suprised me since usually the words are I love you.

I focused on the image of me past/present/future together and filled with strength courage and love.

I've been reading from a sutra that loosely interpeted talks abut how we take the data around us and interpret it to fit what we have already decided! So the last few days I have been focusing on accepting the information that comes to me through my eyes, ears, etc. and NOT interpreting it through this belief of self-hatred that seems to be rearing it's head right now.

being able to laugh when i see the general try to scew the info seems to disapate some of it too!:ghug
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
things as it is

Link to the sutra? Please?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by DharmaQueen View Post
Thanks, zencat, for this important reminder. We will hear the voices of love and compassion from within, the true voice of wisdom. If we hear voices of self-hate, - there is something inherently wrong with us, that we should be punished, that we don't deserve a life that goes well - these voices are not true and have nothing to say - those are the voices we listened to when we were using drugs/alcohol. Turn away from them and keep going back to the voices of love and compassion. They are always there and will always be of help. What a miracle!
And it is through meditation and quieting the chatter of the mind so as to remind ones self that they are evolved to thrive. Our true nature is one of harmony and love. The life force that resonates deeply at the very basic structure of life is a organizing and sustaining force. Attune to the life force and allow it to inform and instruct our mind and actions. The expression of all that is of course, love. As we know addiction suppress: life, love and a sound mind. With addiction one becomes cutoff from the energy of life and withers away.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

http://buddhism.sunyaprajna.com/Avatamsaka

Looks like this link has comentary and not sure if it matches the one I am using....but maybe...I'll have to check it out and when i get home I'll let you know
Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
things as it is

Thank you 'nanda.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OK.....mindfullness is NOT my forte!!!!!!!

It's in the comentary by DT Suzuki on the Lankavatara Sutra.

"reflecting on the Alaya (storehouse of things for future use) and imagining it to be an ego, Manas clings to it as if it were reality and disposes of the reports of the 6 vijnanas (mind parts that distinguishes, and decerns) accordingly. ..... what they (the vijnanas) expereince is reported to the headquarteres with no comment or interpretation. Manas sits at the headquarters and like a great general gathers up all the information coming from the vijnanas. For it is he who shifts and arragnes the reports and gives orders again to the reporters according to his own will and intelligence. The orders are then faithfully executed."