Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 01-08-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Dtw, anattaboy sure has tolerated my pesky PMs for the last week or two! :-) I kinda think he enjoys being of service.

Jack, Carlotta and I really like Vapewild for juices! You can get a sample pack (we've been getting two cuz it makes shipping free) for $16.99 for 6 ten ml bottles. If you like soda and flavors like anise, do you like root beer? I like their chocolate Bob better than their root beer float. Its not very chocolate except the air is chocolatey after you exhale and it floats in the air; but its also creamier than their root beer float.

I like the complex flavors now: ry4life is a great tobacco one that doesn't taste like "wood" or typical tobacco liquid- its Carmel/vanilla-ish, peace pipe is coumarin/rich vanilla and I also like their complex fruit flavors and will re order bigger sizes next time of: pina colada (don't worry no rum flavor) blue lemon squeezy, dragon juice, and strawberries and cream.

Of the non fruit ones: buttery nuts, pralines and cream, amaretto rush, sweet complexity, and tiramisu, and toffee coffee are to die for! Don't even need dessert after a meal with these!

Approximately $40 lasts us about 6 weeks! That would be like one carton of cigarettes lasting almost two months!

Oh! And they give us three free 10ml bottles on top of the 12 we get with those two sample packs! They surprise you based on your habits of choice. A way cool fringe benefit in our opinion!

Definitely go to their site and browse! Its way user friendly, and I like how the names aren't elusive like dragon blood or unicorn pee like some sites, and if you click on a flavor you will get their description plus buyer reviews (which are extremely helpful and informative to me) you get to pick your pg/VG ratio, nicotine % and even can choose flavor boosts (not with the sample packs for the boost though)

I highly recommend them for their products, service, and price. Don't worry, I'm not a rep for them or anything. I can't even get "credit" for pitching their product UNLESS I have you put my real name ( not torquemax :-) however, they do give big discounts for referrals and both the referral and the referaleee get the discount.

I've even heard people say they will get freebies from them out of the blue without doing anything! I missed out on their huge giveaway earlier last fall, but I'm still WAY impressed with them and probably won't shop anywhere else unless its just a free giveaway or something.

Anyway, at least check em out: Vapewild
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I meant DWT, not dtw sorry :-(
Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Wow, so fruity sounds a common fave. You guys really have branched out. Feel a bit sheltered now lol. Gonna write all these down to try next time I go to the vape store.

@Torque - I'm in the UK but will check out vapewild anyway they might have stockists here!

Thanks for the suggestions so far!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I can look it up or even PM them for you. Oh I forgot to say, every time they send a package their is a handwritten note jotted down with stuff like, "have a great day (smiley face drawn) please let us know if there's anything we need to change or do differently." Stuff like that.don't even know how they have time for that.

Some people say they are just as good as those craft companies that sell liquid for $20 a 30ml bottle!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Jack, if you go to vapewild homepage and scroll down to "information" under "free shipping" it says $10 off any international address for orders over $50. Can't imagine that they weigh much though, so after getting the $10 off, you might not have to pay much for shipping???

Last edited by torquemax777; 01-08-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Thanks Torque! 50 dollars is like £30 here in the UK, so not much at all if buying for a good few months ahead. I'm excited to branch out into new flavors now!!! I'll def give them a whirl

Day 2 - of 100% vaping and I feel so much better already! Not to mention smell and taste better lol. Glad I'm out of the insane thinking that cigs are anywhere near as good as vape. Get behind me inferior tobacco
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I'm running a halo triton setup. Does anyone know if i can use a different brand of tanks? Mine seem to leak after a couple of weeks.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

All my issues with gurgling and leaks were with the coil. Since wrapping my own and using fluffier cotton my issues are solved. I have a kanger ptm2 but the principal is the same. Placement and volume of cotton plugs the very holes/slots designed to let juice in but not drip. Slightly more seems to be better for my unit. There are a lot better heads out there for less than $20.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
quat

Holy moly
Xmas gift to self was a new Smok Pro M50 and a Kanger Subtank, need to work on right mix of ejuice, holy moly
Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Today I have 2 months smoke free. I have not smoked 2444 cigarettes, I have saved $488.80 but spent (190.99) so my net savings are $297.81 and most importantly I am a woman pushing 50 who can sprint two blocks to catch a darn bus and not collapse wheezing half a block in!!!!!
My hair and clothes don't stink anymore and I don't have to freeze outside smoking.
Not to say that those two months have been a complete walk in the park. A couple of times, my AV really tried to kick in and I realized that my trigger is anger.
That's something I know from previous attempt at quitting smoking (unlike drinking), when it comes to smoking I have a VERY strong addictive voice. Maybe it is because I started smoking when I was 11 years old and smoked all my adult life while I started drinking in my 30s. Basically I spent most of my life being a smoker but also most of my life being a non drinker...not sure if it has anything to do with the strength of my av in those 2 areas or if it is just a fluke.
Anyway, I am so happy today!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Thank you thank you Carlotta! You have been an inspiration to me, as well as a source of hope to me regarding my alcoholic husband.

Congrats on your sobriety in both areas!!!

Talk about a "double winner!!!"
Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
All my issues with gurgling and leaks were with the coil.
This ^ it started happening regularly to me so I went into the shop. They pointed out I was using too high voltage with the coils I'd been using. Ended up upgrading battery and tanks. I use double coil now with the higher voltage (up to 5.0). Don't think I've even had to change them for about 3 weeks actually. No leaking yet either.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Wowser!!! My husband and I now each have an eleaf istick mini battery and each have the choice of a kayfun mini or a eleaf lemo drop! Both are spectacular in their own right!

Back in November when I started vaping, I was totally satisfied with my cheapo gas station clearomizers and ego 3.7v battery. I thought, " no way will I ever get as high tech as 'those' people. " but after awhile I realized I was spending as much time troubleshooting or cleaning, drying, buying, charging etc....probably more time, and definitely more money than if I just took the plunge and got into learning how and doing rebuildables. So glad I finally took the plunge! Now if something's wrong, it's my fault, and it can usually be easily fixed with no permanent damage done. Not so with the disposables; once they start tasting or vaping bad, you pretty much have to throw them away and go buy a new one for around $8. I didn't even spend $8 on enough wire and wicks to last til Timbuktu!

Ahhhh! Finally satisfied and ready to vape on!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
quat

My wife loves her istick and mini natilus aspire , and that is my daily tank setup, but this new toy, oh boy .5 ohms is sock rockin
Old 01-16-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Wow, that Subtank looks awesome don't-wait! An RBA also, Nice. A trip by our local shop yesterday had me salivating. I'm at a point where I'm either going whole hog and get a nice dripper mod or keep reducing juice. I bought a bottle of 0 nic to cut my 12 down to 10 or so for now. I am starting to get a cough--no doubt damage from 40 yrs of smoking. It's not like smoker's cough but I'm gonna shoot for more oxygen. I will always support vaping for it's grass roots innovation.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Anattaboy, I don't know how much that subtank is, but I say go for it! Even if you quit vaping for good in a couple months, it will probably pay for itself. I always compare vaping prices to analog cigarettes, and back in the day, my husband and I spent somewhere around $200 a month or more on cigarettes. So as long as that RBA isn't over whatever you used to smoke in a month, I think it would be worth it even if you only used it a couple months.

Maybe just taper the nicotine and amount of time you spend vaping???

It's up to you though. But for me, I'm relieved to say that I dont care if I ever quit vaping which is something I could never say about smoking.

Perhaps, you just out grew your current setup? Idk...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
I am starting to get a cough--no doubt damage from 40 yrs of smoking. It's not like smoker's cough but I'm gonna shoot for more oxygen. I will always support vaping for it's grass roots innovation.
For me that cough was from too much flavoring in my juice. My smoker's cough had been gone for six months when a new cough showed up... took a long time to pin it down to flavorings. Now, when I do buy a prepared juice, usually a highly flavored one, I buy it in higher mgs than I vape and cut it with PG/VG. I DIY my juice and most people would be a palled to know how much flavoring is in some of the commercial juices. And, of course, there are "offending" flavorings that I can't take even in pretty small amounts... like cinnamon which I love. I've also learned not to inhale deeply or at all really. Its not needed as the nic is absorbed in the mouth and nose (if exhaled there.) I got so used to just mouth vaping that even when I smoke, I do it that way too now. Also, once I got rid of the smoker's cough, I found out I have some major allergies going on that hit my chest. I think I'm actually allergic to some flavorings.

Edit: Oh, just remembered, high PG is very drying. If your bronchial area gets dried out it will produce mucous to handle the situation.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I actually got to thinking it may be the juice I've been using for 2 months. Just switched and mixed it at about 10mg. Will let ya know.
The Ptm3 looks good too with the dual coils. Just watched a vid that makes wrapping them do-able (stacked crossways). I'm gonna try it with my unit sans chimney (like a dripper) first cuz I can and I'm a tinkerer.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Been busy and am a few replies and PM's behind. However, I would advise to wait a bit on the Subtank; first there is a new version coming that is 22mm and called the "Mini" (there will also be a 19mm Nano, but that one will not have an RBA included). The 22mm fits better on most mods (full Subtank is 25) and is easier to switch between RBA and premade coils. Second, there seems to be a problem with the current RBA insulator turning into jelly under certain conditions - it is rare but Kanger have acknowledged the problem and will replace it with a peek insulator in the near future; the "Mini" will also have the improved part. FWIW.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Glad to see you back around these parts Chief, I was just thinking today, " I wonder where Chief's been and how could I find out? "