Notices

24-Hour NO Nicotine/Smoking Club - Part 3

Old 11-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Coffee n Tootsie Rolls... so much tastier than those damn smokes. .
Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Wow, I love seeing more people joining up!!!

I'm not quite sure what is going on in my scrambled brain, but I really could care less about smoking today. Had to look at the meter thing and I'm back to 5 days. I'm not complaining, this year has been quite a rough one and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hopefully, I'm just Done with the unhealthy things I've always turned to when I want to get numb?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm in again. 12:43PM, 11/30/2013.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Amy, I'm so sick of being a smoker. I went through hell with my Mother n didn't smoke but I relasped over Jimmy and his alcoholism. I should have stuck it out. I feel like no matter what, smoking didn't change a damn thing I went through with him. It kept me in it's grips. I could have used that money elsewhere during our lowest time.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome limbogal.

I am in for anouther day,
Old 11-30-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's so nice to chill n not think about smokes. I woke up a few hours ago n it took me an hour to put a patch on.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Big welcome to all newcomers......

K.U.G. Alysheba (Keep up guard)!

I'm off to Church, then a meeting.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ah it feels good to register another smoke free day, guys. I had coffee with a friend from AA after the meeting today and he quit cigarettes just before me. He's got a full six weeks now. We sat and observed how it was to be drinking coffee without an ashtray and a lighter in front of us. Odd, but good. And we saved a load of money too!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm signing up for another 24.

Today is 11 months smoke free for me!! No way in he11 I'm smoking today.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

DG - Congrats on 11 months!!!

I feel like a wimpy dishrag, so am climbing in to bed. Got a very busy week coming up and will get more done when I'm not taking a smoke break all the darned time

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Going through some old stuff of mine and found a poem I wrote when quitting a while back, so I thought I'd share it. This was actually from a time when I was trying to quit again 2 years ago after I'd started smoking again after almost 2 years quit. It took me a whole nother year to actually quit again for more than a few days at a time. That is one of the reasons I stick close and refuse to smoke at all. I know where that leads and I don't want to go there. No saying how long it would take me to quit again if I smoked at all. Reading over some of the stuff I wrote during my attempts to quit really has me grateful for where I am now. I worked hard to get here. I'm a world away from the struggles of the initial days and it's so much easier and better now. Anyway, here's the poem:

Put out my last cigarette in the snow
I'm too good for these evil things, this I know
One after another, it's become like a chore
I'm done, I want no more
Freedom once lost to be regained
A better life to be made

No more evil smoke permeating my life
This time I'm going to stick to what's true and right

No more cigarette butts in the trash
No more garage floor littered in ash
No more 'just one' when I'm feeling rash
No more wasting all my cash
Old 12-01-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I so know the feeling of it being a chore. That's one of many reasons why I put it down again. I have 8 months of smoking since I quit last time. I usually have around 2 years or so of smoking before I put it down. This time, it's for good. I know I've done irreversible damage to my body with a combine 20 something years of smoking. I know I don't want to die from this.

Towards the end of this quit, I could hear myself breath. My breath was discusting and I was coughing a lot in my sleep. Haven't heard the raspiness or had coughing so that is awesome for me. Sometimes, I think I can still get that yuck mouth smoky taste going on but it's fewer and further between.

Count me in for another 24.

AND, on a side note... Hubby told me last night how proud he was that I have not been smoking nor complaining much like I have in the past when I quit. I have tried not to overwhelm him and make it work. I wanted a cig after we ate our pizza last night. The urge was pretty significant. I kept it to myself and had a cinnamon fire Jolly Rancher instead and it went away.

Hope you guys have an awesome smoke free day today.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Afraid to relapse because it may take me another couple years to quit again...I really don't want to die an active smoker...having some good urges today and a bit of obsessive thoughts.

Reading your posts here are helping tremendously especially your's DG with the poem...just knowing it took you a long time to get back helps me...

My diet is way out of whack....too much food....too much protein/starches....not enough vegetables...no 3 meals set

Aye yie yie

Signing in for 24hrs nicotine/smoke free!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It's sunny out and not that cold so I'm going to walk down to the convenience store and get some light groceries...I need to get out of the house....I skipped my Friday night Alanon meeting and have been housebound since...stop feeling sorry for myself.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great posts. I started smoking again after 10 years (and that was 12+ years ago)! I swear, it was/is SO much harder to quit the second time around. I've quit a hundred times + in that time but I keep going back. I'm not much good at anniversaries because they've always depressed me in the past. I know I quit over a month ago and I am praying it takes this time. The waste of everything, money, clothes, health, your car, everything. Car insurance is even higher if you smoke! I don't want to go through this 'food thing after I quit again" Ugh!

So, I really don't want to smoke anymore. It is a chore and shaming and I become an absolute slave to it. I don't want that anymore. I'm loosely keeping track of how long it's been, but as long as I commit to the next 24 hours I am hoping for a little freedom from cigarettes!

Good luck everyone! I'm glad you're here and I'm praying we all get through the next 24! Amy, special thoughts for you. Things sound really hard right now and I loved what you said about not getting more done taking darned smoke breaks!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm always gonna be in, rootin for everyone!

Old 12-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Did an exam today - nearly always lit up after any sort of stress. No problem today, though!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Great to see so much good effort here.

I am in for another day,
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I ain't smoking. Though it's all around me at this moment. It smells good but that first one wouldn't taste all that good really. So sign me up for another 24
Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Signing on for another 24. I really have no desire for one, and I hope the feeling stays, but I will remain vigilant.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy