Notices

Hello All, New here...

Old 07-25-2006, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Great job Popov on not buying any junk yesterday!

I'm sorry that your family is not always supportive. I think that non-alcoholics can never truly understand what we are going through. We are sweating bullets and fighting so hard and they just see us kind of muddling through the day. It feels like we are carrying invisible weights that they cannot see. We are working so hard and they just can't see it. I've been sober about a month and sometimes I get the feeling that certain family members think I should just be all better by now. But it doesn't work that way. We've spent YEARS building an addiction, and it's going to take more than a few weeks to break those chains. I'm so glad you are finding support here at SR. WE KNOW what you are going through and how hard you are working. Your body, mind, and soul are all working OVERTIME right now! Remember to be good to yourself, and be patient with yourself. The first week is the toughest. Sending big hugs and prayers your way sweetie!

We are getting stronger everyday.:Weightlif
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I am now going on my fifth day, this heat in LA is killing me! no AC, detoxing and zero sleep...pounding water like crazy day and night to keep sane!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Popov...last night was night 5 for me and I finally slept.....got a good 7 hours worth...maybe tonight will be the same for you.

Keep it up.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...I think about going to the liquor store a lot, after work, I just gotta be tough.....the AC at work will help some, it always does