Notices

Humility out the door! The formerly Max Oblivia has 30 days!

Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Big congratulations Max !!!! Not to mention a little motivation for myself.

I hope to be where you are in about 20 24-hour periods, but I think I'll keep focusing on each today until then.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

24 hour periods

Originally Posted by dadoes84
Big congratulations Max !!!! Not to mention a little motivation for myself.

I hope to be where you are in about 20 24-hour periods, but I think I'll keep focusing on each today until then.

I know you can be there. 24 hour periods heck how bout 10 minutes at a whack. I call them 10 minutes at a whack attack. Cause that thats what Ive been doing. Break it down. I can hear the music now! Break it down.
10 minutes at a whack attack
Still craving but on the offence not the defence
The formerly Maxus Oblivious
Old 01-31-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Max)) 30 days!! That is FANTABULOUS!!

What great poems everyone!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

AWw Max... that was wonderful! I give thanks to you too - reading your posts has often given me that oomph that I needed at the moment I needed it. Heck, I can say that about everyone's posts here. So congratulations from my heart on your wonderful 30 days!!!

Congratulations!!!

Suga
Old 01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Awesome congratulatory thread going on here! Sure is a lot of love in this place!

Way to go, Max Oblivia!
Congratulations on 30 days!!!! Woo-hoooo!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations Max. That's wonderful news. Well done.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Max, this is so great!! You journey of growth has been inspiring!! I can tell you feel better- it shows in your words.

Keep going buddy!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Spacegirl, Im posting here instead of your post. I am amazed at how people who are suffering have the energy to reach out to others. You say in your post that you feel selfish yet you congratulate me. That does not come from an uncaring selfish person.
It comes from a good person who has a problem. Alcholism is a disease I believe its a disease because. I do not know any alchoholic who quits and is able to drink in moderation.
Ive heard of people quitting for years and they are still not able to drink in moderation.
My road started like yours I started looking in the mirror. I remember my grandfather and the spider veins in his face. I had a vein come to the surface after drinking bottles of vodca for weeks. I was in the shower and was washing my face when blood was everywhere, I had washed the skin off the top and it just gushed. Sorry to be so graphic. I looked in the mirror at 18 at my stoned bloodshot eyes and hated myself and was disgusted with myself. 30 years later Im only a month quit and still very fragile.
I do not want to appear like a drunk to everyone I meet it is one of my strongest motivations. My appearance is improving even after 30 days but I know I have done some permanent damage. I was looking in the mirror this morning while I shaved at my red nose and the veins in my cheeks hoping for summer to help cover them up.
Look at other drinkers you can tell cant you?
I really hurt for you and you might wonder why because were just selfish alkies right?
We are part of a special club of people who know whats its like to hurt ourselves, we can make a difference in this world by sharing our hurt so that it helps others.
Im thankfull you have a good boyfriend I will pray for you. Withdrawls suck yes but the pain is your body healing. Use it to fuel your will to live. We need you to help us help others as part of our alkie family.
The formerly Max Oblivia
Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh Max! *adopts voice of Chandler from Friends:

'Could you BE more nice!' No I never thought you were 'selfish alkies' I promise. I did wonder if addicts are selfish people (while they are struggling or in recovery) but I'm basing that on myself mainly and if someone else needs to be selfish for a while to recover then there's nothing wrong with that. I just feel suicidal at the moment but it will pass. Life will get better I'm sure.

Anyway! Enough about me! This is YOUR thread! Congratulations so much! I'm in a bad place right now but just knowing that you are doing well is lifting my mood.

You should be very very very proud of yourself.

WELL DONE!!! It just goes to show what a strong person you are.

lots of love and congratulations to you on your acheivement.
Molly
xxx
Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Oh ok, Yes of course. Heck yes. Abadabasolutely. Call it selfish call it whatever. We arent worth a darn to anyone as drunks. I'll tell you a little secret. Ive been gambling to much lately cause Im bored. Cause Im not drinking. Im working hard to keep it to a minimum but I do enjoy it. I have to weigh it against keeping my sobriety. I will keep it to a minimum but Im going to keep doing it for a while its helping me keep sober.
I have to protect my sobriety before everything else right now. I will protect it.
Jeb Clampet protecting the sober homestead.LOL
Max