Notices

“Go Against the Grain” Weekender, 21 - 24 July 2023

Old 07-23-2023, 01:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good Morning Mags and wonderful Weekenders - Happy Sober Sunday

All very quiet here which is good. I'll be going in to town for a coffee, getting some study done and preparing for the week ahead. I spent a lovely day yesterday with my family, including lots of smiles from my baby niece. In the old days on a Sunday morning I would be counting down the minutes before I could legally buy alcohol. So much has changed!

All the best as always. Forwards.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 294.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope today finds you well
Old 07-23-2023, 09:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope this finds you well. How are you doing these days? I worry about you. You are such a go getter, which will get you through this and your humor. You are a terrific friend.
Mags I hope all is well with you, your wrist and Mr. Mags. Sending love and prayers.
Grateful for a sober weekend. I have to take my mom to Trader Joe's today. We haven't felt well enough to go, so we'll go today. She's been nagging me like crazy about going. She has a major sweet tooth. There is probably some kind of cookies or something she wants there. I ran some errands yesterday and we were going to go then but I didn't feel well enough. Hopefully it won't be crowded. They are pretty efficient. Their parking lot is kind of scary. People drive crazy here sometimes.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend. Love and peace to all.
Old 07-23-2023, 09:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Feel better, sweet Aly.

Sunday Blessings and love to all.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sending positive vibes your way Alpine, Aly.

All of Hackney's streetlights are LED as of tomorrow. I have lost track of the number of times I have written to them to get a move on. It's such a no brainer but it took a spike in energy prices to get them to do it. Annoyingly they didn't put any of the work our way as usual.

Old 07-23-2023, 07:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's been a good weekend. Sober, as always, and happy about it.

RunnerF, you're very close to a year!!

Hope all of you in hot weather are staying cool.

Billie is having a good weekend too. She is behaving very well, and after breakfast and supper, she came over to me when I called her over to brush her teeth. When she lets me brush her teeth, I reward her with a small Greenie treat, which she loves and which helps to keep her teeth clean.

I am so glad that I moved to California a year ago. I like everything here, the people, the weather (not counting wildfires and earthquakes), the food... oh the food!! Every kind of ethnic food you could want, you can find it here. I've had so many different kinds of food and there's still so many more to try.

Old 07-24-2023, 12:50 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you love California least
Old 07-24-2023, 02:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Aly, ok thanks. Hope you was able to get to TJ’s with your mom. There are some pretty crazy drivers round here too.
I wonder if I was always in a hurry when I was younger and I guess I was. It didn’t get me there any faster though.

Least I’m pleased you adjusted to California and like it too.

Have a good Monday. xxxx

Old 07-24-2023, 02:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 295.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

The people here really like to tail gate and I don't know why. It drives me crazy.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 295 Runner!

Alpine,, it doesn’t give much room for stopping distances when they’re so close.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Another Sober Weekend under our belts. Isn’t it a great feeling. Way to go us.

Love to all.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tailgaters - there is something seriously wrong with those people's brains. On the plus side I understand that some train strikes that were due to take place have been called off.

Seconded SoberLeigh!
Old 07-24-2023, 09:04 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Leigh, my dear friend, thank you so much for thinking of me and the kind words. You are such a kind, sweet friend and I cherish your friendship. I hope all is well with you. I know your husband was having some trouble. I hope all is well with you and Mr. SL. Love an peace to my dear friend.
Thankful for a sober weekend. Feeling a little better today. Now I have to get a start on the never ending pile of laundry stacking up here. I'm just going to have to dig my heels in and do it. I'd rather do it during the week as the laundry room gets crowded on the weekends. I'll probably have to start a little at a time.
I have a dentist appointment this week and a telephone appointment with my psychiatrist. I'm going to tell him my therapist isn't really working out. He just doesn't get it. I guess my psychiatrist told him people hated the homework he gives. I hope he got the hint! I don't know, I keep thinking of what PJ said about not stressing about it, if the therapist and I don't get along or I don't feel like he's helping me in the way I need to be helped. It's ok to let him go. I don't think I'm going to get what I need from him anyway. I had a friend here give me some better information than my therapist did!
Sorry for the kvetching! Have a wonderful week. You all all the best!

Alpine, thinking of you too, sweetheart!
Old 07-24-2023, 10:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, I’m thinking wouldn’t it be great if we could have dental appointments over the phone!
Take care. xx
Old 07-24-2023, 04:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It's my 7th SoberRecovery birthday today! I'd been coming to SR for about 3 years before I signed up so it's about 10 years I've been coming here. Still not cracked the sobriety thing unfortunately (I drank at the weekend) but I'm not giving up on giving up. No excuses but I had two friends up from London and both are heavy drinkers. I knew what was going to happen even though i was sort of hoping that I could get through the weekend sober. I've had to reset my sober clock once more.

On top of that I've got a swollen bottom lip which is extremely sore and is very swollen. I think I must have bit it or something over the weekend. I've got an awful feeling it's going to scab over and probably crack. Hopefully it will clear up sooner rather than later - the last time I had something like this it took a fortnight to clear up.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

^ hope that heals easily, Robbie. Got Stuff to put on it? Vaseline or something?
Old 07-24-2023, 05:33 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy SR Birthday Robbie
My wish is this time next year you can look back at the moment you finally cracked this recovery thing.

I had to make a lot of changes - but they were all so so worth it

D
Old 07-24-2023, 05:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

^
Thanks Dee.

I keep thinking I've finally cracked it only to crack and drink. It's depressing.