Notices

Weekenders 30 June - 03 July 2023

Old 07-04-2023, 08:03 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Freeowl--so sorry about your sister. And I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

Least--I hope you get some relief from that itching soon, it has to be maddening.

Aly, so sorry about the relationship with your sis, that's tough.

Runner--congrats on your sober time!

Best to all!
Old 07-04-2023, 08:20 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Freeowl--so sorry about your sister. And I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

Least--I hope you get some relief from that itching soon, it has to be maddening.

Aly, so sorry about the relationship with your sis, that's tough.

Runner--congrats on your sober time!

Best to all!
thank you
Old 07-04-2023, 10:10 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sam. So kind of you. Your kidness helps. I can't say my family gives me any warm and fuzzies. In fact my mom blamed me for not talking to my sister, it was my fault in her head that we're having problems. She's always made me the family scapegoat, but I don't accept it and boy am I keeping enormous boundaries. I really don't care about my sisters at all except when they get in my business. After the last few years with them and how awful they've been, I pull out. Done with them in every way possible except when we go to sell my mom's home after she's gone, then I'll move and never talk to them again. That's the plan anyhow. They are repulsive. To think that psycho is an LCSW. What in the hell professor ever allowed that to happen?
Wishing you all a great 4th Have fun and be safe and sober

Have a great day all. It's hot here so I hope people are careful with the fireworks. It is amazing how little it takes to start a huge fire. Love and peace to all.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:40 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

My easily-achieved Weekend Plan was to remain Sober with all Fingers and Toes intact.

Away tmw to see Bryan Adams in Denver, and eat Cuisine we can't get here in Redneck Nation.

I'll let The Godfather Of Soul celebrate it best...

'Living In America' ~ James Brown
Old 07-04-2023, 07:30 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Didn't sleep much last night cause of the awful itching. I did everything I could to make it stop but it didn't. My phone appt with the allergist isn't til the 28th. I don't know if I can stand it that much longer. It seems to get worse in the evening and night.

I had an interesting day. Ck texted me to invite me at the last minute to come out to the rehab center where she works to have lunch outside with the residents and workers. So son in law came over to get me and called a Lyft to take us there. Had a nice visit and enjoyed seeing the workers I got to know when I spent three weeks there last October. Then we went home and son in law showed me how to change the bag in the Litter Genie so now I can do it myself next time the bag is full.

This morning I got some energy and dust mopped and wet mopped the floors (with that shiny floor stuff) and boy they looked so shiny and nice. I ran the dishwasher yesterday and a load of laundry the day before, so now the place is in good shape.

I just vac'd the carpet and vac'd the ventilation holes in the monitor, the air purifier, and the dryer vent. I have the ambition to go thru another moving box, but not the energy. That will have to wait til tomorrow. I'm just going to eat something and then take it easy til bedtime.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:34 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey! I know what a litter genie is! We bought one recently for dad's cats before we brought them home. It works great. I ruined one of the bag inserts tho because I pulled out the wrong bit and could not find the start of the roll. I broke the plastic ring trying to stuff it back in. I was sure to wear my glasses when I tackled the next one.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:25 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 276
Old 07-05-2023, 06:57 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Runner, look at those days adding up. Woot!
Old 07-05-2023, 09:06 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Mechanical Pencil Day Weekenders!

I ran over a badger today.

He was furious as he'd just finished a double shift at the badge factory.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:14 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was up most of the night due to the awful itching. Finally got to bed midmorning, but then slept thru the home health nurse's calls so missed my appt with her.

With all the health problems I've had crop up in the last two years, I am truly glad that I'm sober.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:37 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’ve just seen how to make espadrilles on ‘how it’s made’ tv. All natural fibres and they thwart off mozzies apparently.

Old 07-05-2023, 09:23 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-2023-a.html (Waving away Weekend Wobbles. Weekenders 07 - 10 July 2023)