Notices

Back for what feels like the millionth time

Old 10-30-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you're here, Splash.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
AA Member

I've known people in and out of AA much longer than 10 years and now have long term sobriety.
The point is YOU CAN DO IT!
Here's a chip for you

Old 10-31-2022, 07:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How are you today Splash?
Old 11-02-2022, 01:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
kes

For me splash, it wasn't the cravings when I tried withdrawing on my own, nor the shaking or sweating. It was an overwhelming sense of fear, the terror, the blackness, sheer panic and a feeling of absolute lonliness that used to descend over me, i just couldn't cope with it and would reach out for the bottle which "mended" me in an instant.......... only until next time tho', which was only a few hours away, then it would start all over again. In inpatient detox, all that was taken away with librium and I had a relatively smooth transition to sobriety. Detox was my lifeline and I'm forever grateful.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, always harping on about inpatient detox, but it saved me and I would 101% recommend it to anyone who can't manage to get through the first few days. I totally unsderstand those who can't, as I couldn't cope on my own determination alone, I was terrified..

I understand you can also do a home detox, very similar to going in but the team visit you at home and give you the meds daily? Worth a shout?!
Old 11-05-2022, 08:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I have stayed this sober by reminding myself what booze did to me physically and mentally.

The big lessons learned was my balance and spatial orientation. These days these areas are way better.

Ever see them old men that walk around looking like they are about to fall over. I think booze can do that.

The mental battle happens all the time. I drank all the time so the triggers happen all the time.

It is analysis vs emotional analysis.

We all know that booze is poison. The whole world knows this. But, those folks that are actively drinking and addicted, even at a low level, and will find a way to get their fix.

Left brain vs right brain stuff.

Get well.

Thanks.