Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 02 -05 September 2022

Notices

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 02 -05 September 2022

Old 09-03-2022, 11:36 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Robbie, has your grass been growing ok. Ours is a bit patchy with the heat a few weeks ago. Gosh I haven’t had minestrone soup for yonks. I remember it was good soup and your chilli powder sounds a tasty addition to jizz it up.
It hadn't grown at all since I last cut it in early August until we had some rain about a week or so ago. Then it suddenly started growing and was looking a bit untidy. As it's forecast to be raining on and off for the next week I thought I'd cut it now. I'll then probably give it one last cut at some point in October. It's only a small back garden and is a bit patchy now with all the heat we've had. It's small enough that I can just use a strimmer rather than a lawn mower to cut it. It makes it easier to keep it under control!
Old 09-03-2022, 04:44 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too had a bowl of minestrone soup, but couldn't finish it. Started feeling sick to my stomach halfway thru the bowl.

The last couple days had seen a reduction in pain but yesterday the pain in my chest and back came back, and worse than it had been. . Went to urgent care but the doctor wouldn't give me anything stronger than Tylenol extra strength, which I already have and which does nothing for the pain.

The pain in my back feels like it's bruised and hurts in that spot when I breathe. I've been using both inhalers, the albuterol and the Advair, but my breathing is still difficult. I don't know what more can be done. I asked ck to take me to the ER if the pain is still bad later. She said that they wouldn't give me Norco there and I told her I didn't want to get pain pills, I just want the pain to stop. I don't know if I need to be on oxygen or not. If the pain gets worse or my breathing gets worse, I'll ask her to take me. I just feel so awful. I hurt whether I'm standing or sitting or lying down.

I am so damn sick of being in pain all the time. This has been going on for over a month, since having pneumonia. I moved out here to have a better life, but so far it's been sickness and pain.

Sorry to be so whiny. Age is not being kind to me anymore. After I hit 70 last year things started going downhill and my body started falling apart. .

On the bright side, I live in a nice apt with Billie and my cats, my family here takes care of my needs, and I'm still happily sober. So that's a big plus.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Have you found your pulse oximeter Least? I think it would be a good idea to check your level
Old 09-03-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yes, least, I agree with Alpine. If you could give the ER or the urgent care a pulse oximeter reading, it could be helpful. (Not to be taken as medical advice but, when I had COVID, my doctor told me to seek medical attention if my reading was less than 94.)
Old 09-03-2022, 05:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I just checked and it's reading 88. I'll take it again and see if it's gone up or down.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:04 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just took it two more times and it was 99 both times, so maybe the first reading was in error. Still don't feel 'right'. Still feeling half sick to my stomach and crummy. I'd love to lie down and fall asleep but the steroids make me too hyper to relax enough to fall asleep. Ck told me to get some fresh air. Might sit on my little porch for a bit.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Least, I would continue to monitor your level. Not to tell you what to do and maybe check it while you are in bed as well. 99 hmm, I can honestly say I have never seen any of my patients that high. Just wondering...and no offence...but there are 2 readings, one for heart rate and one for oxygen on it, did you look at the correct number? People often get it wrong.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

anecdotal evidence I know but my cheapo finger type oximeter will often hit 99 after exercise.

D
Old 09-03-2022, 06:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I could see that Dee.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, I read the right number. My pulse ox is usually pretty high, it helps that I don't smoke anymore.

Still just feeling off. Might be the steroids making me feel strange. Took my last one (of two) for today and hope the hyper feeling wears off before I go to bed.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I hope I did not offend you Least
Old 09-03-2022, 06:41 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh no, not at all. You'd have to say something a lot worse than that to offend me. We're friends and I know you were only concerned, for which I am grateful.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Old 09-03-2022, 08:27 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tried to go to sleep but my eyelids wouldn't stay shut.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

My grass has gone beyond patchy!

This was before the heatwave

And now

I bought a scacifier the other day and spent hours removing the thatch in preparation for the large amounts of rain we were promised. We didn't get any, just more sun so now it is even more burnt!
In October I am going to reseed the whole lawn, it will be a muddy mess till anything grows. Dogs will bring it all into the house, back door leads straight into lounge. Yikes .
Old 09-03-2022, 10:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Robbie I like that you only need a strimmer for your lawn. Our new home, when we move, has only a small patch of grass at the front and paved at the back, so more manageable.

Kaily, your garden is beautiful. Sorry the ravages of the sun have killed it. You’ll soon having it green and lush again and as for Alfie and Daisy, can you put an old sheet down in the kitchen to clean their paws with a bowl of water too maybe. I know you’ll think of something…carpet cleaner maybe 🤔

Least, take care to use your inhalers correctly. Incorrect use is like not using it at all, there’ll be no benefit. The doc/nurse should’ve showed you how to use them properly and if so, I’m sure you’re doing it right. (I’ve had asthma for around 9 years (severe asthma for about 7 years) and seen many people on the hospital wards not using their inhalers correctly). If you need a refresher Youtube has some good videos. Take care love.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 09-03-2022, 11:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Rained during the night more due again this evening so going to get a walk in early. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy your walk AL
Old 09-03-2022, 11:47 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know if I fell asleep and Billie woke me up, or if I didn't fall asleep at all, but I'm wide awake now.

Mags, I think I'm using them right. Doctor told me to shake it good, then inhale two puffs as I breathe deeply. With the Advair, I was told to rinse my mouth good after using it so I won't develop a yeast infection.

I don't know of any other instructions.

I'm going back to bed shortly to see if I can finally get some sleep.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

more prayers least...
Father's day here. On the pathetic hope sons would visit, I scrubbed and cleaned.
Nope. I am not feeling sorry for myself , given I feel crap anyway....but I am saddened and then the guilt comes.
Oh well. I know I am doing ok.
3 short walks today...2h.
Attached Images