Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 02 -05 September 2022

Notices

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 02 -05 September 2022

Old 09-01-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you travelbug.

Least pleased you’re feeling better. You needed the pain to go.

Alpine, great news Mr. A is due home.

Been out to lunch with Mr. Mags, his mum and her friend. Was a lovely lunch and gluten free version for Mr. Mags.

Love the music Saou, very appropriate.

MesaMan must’ve been good seeing them live! Great pic of MesaPup, his eyes can melt the heart. Yep!

Old 09-01-2022, 08:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Koala, 300 hundred weekends.

This calls for Cake!

Old 09-01-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Leigh! Hope you’re well.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am feeling well; thanks, Mags!

Koala, wow.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend for me! And so liberating to remember that a great weekend can start inside me, not outside of me in a bottle. Near the end I was fooling myself that things were better because I was only drinking on the weekends (though I will give myself a bit of credit for cutting down from every day), but it eventually became clear that NO day was going to work for someone with my drinking issues. And I am re-discovering my weekends again now, without the bottle.

KC, 300 weekends is fantastic!
Least I am so relieved to hear that you have some relief!
CUTEST picture ever of mesapup. Just the look on that face shows a well-loved puppy.
Great weekend to all!
Old 09-01-2022, 09:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Red Rocks is awesome. I went to a few concerts there and did several workouts there. Beautiful area.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 300 weekends CK! closing in on 6 years.

Thx Mesa, I saw EW&F waaay back in the early eighties. I have never seen anyone better. They performed the full show too, pyramid and all. A lot of larger US would reduce the show for UK/Europe for cost and venue size reasons.

Glad you're feeling better least, it's about time you caught a break.

We are predicted to get some much needed rain tonight, i'll believe it when I see it. I have just done a rough calculation of my energy bill post October when the latest price hike kicks in. Annualised it comes out at close £4,000 and I'm a single guy. I get some from solar but not much in the winter. I better buy some lottery tickets.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Finally got some sleep. Woke up at noon. Back and chest pain is better. . Still tired and not much energy.

PT is coming today. After she leaves I might go back to bed and get some more sleep.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That is such good news, least.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PT came and reviewed my exercises and gave me a couple new ones to do. After she left I noticed the back pain was noticeable. I think the new exercises stressed it and made it hurt.

I don't know whether to eat before my nap or after.

Altho the pain is still there, my attitude is more hopeful and positive.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Glad you have gotten some relief, Least…hopefully it will continue to improve….Sleep well!

Wow 300 weekends CK!

Good to see you Happy….I remember having to adjust to weekends and it seemed impossible at first…now it’s refreshing!
Old 09-01-2022, 03:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 300 weekends CK

D
Old 09-01-2022, 04:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Last weekend I shared that I was going to a cardiologist visit this week to follow up on some heart irregularity issues. Well I'm happy to report that I'm fine. BUT - because I was honest with this cardiologist about the drinking history, he did let me know (kindly) that I was lucky and that I should continue on with my current path. Well, no argument there. But I'm here to tell you, my SR friends, that I will not waste this opportunity. Today, with September upon us, I am reminded that this has been my first sober summer in for.ev.er. And weekends have been challenging, but also increasingly interesting and sometimes even wonderful, thanks to this group. I'm very grateful to you all. Thank you.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

good on you happytobehere!

D
Old 09-01-2022, 04:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good news Happytobehere
Old 09-01-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

CK, that is awesome!
Happy, I know that must have been hard, but good for you and keep up the awesome work
Old 09-01-2022, 04:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Thx Mesa, I saw EW&F waaay back in the early eighties. I have never seen anyone better. They performed the full show too, pyramid and all. A lot of larger US would reduce the show for UK/Europe for cost and venue size reasons.

We are predicted to get some much needed rain tonight, i'll believe it when I see it. I have just done a rough calculation of my energy bill post October when the latest price hike kicks in. Annualised it comes out at close £4,000 and I'm a single guy. I get some from solar but not much in the winter. I better buy some lottery tickets.
I'd have loved to have seen EW&F when they were at their peak (so late 70s or early 80s). However at the time I didn't really bother with concerts as I preferred to spend my money buying records.

I dread to think what my energy bill will be from October. My monthly Direct Debit for both gas and electricity rose from £54 per month to £105 per month from 1 June as I had been on a 2 year fixed tariff deal which came to an end on 31 May. As prices are supposed to be increasing in October by 80% this may mean my DD increasing to £189 per month. Then we are due to have another massive price hike in January 2023...
Old 09-01-2022, 05:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just had a zoom call with a pulmonologist. Chose a primary care doctor last night from a list of doctors. Now I have to make an appt for an initial visit.

Laid down for a while and snuggled with Billie. She is such a comfort to me. She lies down next to my stomach and gives a big sigh and falls asleep with her head on my arm. . And when I wake up, her sweet face is the first thing I see.

Big congrats CK on 300 sober weekends!

I guess my zoom call isn't done yet. The lady asked me questions and then said to wait for the provider so I'm still on the call.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags! Count me in!
Old 09-01-2022, 09:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Happytobehere, great news from the cardiologist and good work!

We worked out our bills to be similar Saou, I’m keeping an eye on Martin’s money expert website for any advice (like a million other households I’m sure)
Robbie that a big jump on your bills. I’m sure with all the extra income tax revenue from the fuel giants they could give more subsidies out.

Least. Eat after a nap. Eating before isn’t good for us apparently.

I’m at Derby again today. Just hand therapy. I’m due to see the consultant in the near future. Though I don’t want my hand op to coincide with moving homes, not signed yet though so everything is up in the air at the mo.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx