Notices

Hey all

Old 08-29-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey all

I am back on day one again. I have reached a point where I am finding it very hard to stop drinking. I almost lost my job a few weeks ago due to my drinking. After that I was able to quit for four days and then I was back on it. Drinking half to three quarters of a bottle of rum or whisky a night. I get horrible hangover anxiety which is what led to me almost losing my job. I know it's the drinking that caused it and all the other issues. So I'm back on day one and starting to realise that I might need some help.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The worst part is I have been through this before with amphetamine and meth. I quit that and was clean and sober for 6 years. Then I started drinking again it's taken about 3 years for me to get to this point. I used to drink socially. Now I drink alone and I drink until I pass out. It's not good.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you been to any AA meetings? It's free, they're everywhere, and they can help.

Alternately, there is detox or medical help.

I hope you find a way, it's a much better life for us who drink too much when we stop harming ourselves and stop drinking completely. Stick around and keep reading and posting, there are a lot of people here who will stand with you against alcohol and drugs.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Prop,
At least you recognized the culprit to your misery, now you need to come up with a plan of action to change it. You know what's waiting for you at the bottom of those bottles so why don't you try something different and give yourself some long term sobriety and see how your life changes. You'll feel better, look better and live better.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What do you have for a final goal this time around?
Old 08-29-2022, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Prop

D
Old 08-29-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you are here, Prop. You're never alone with this - we all understand what you're going through.

I drank for years as a social drinker, but over time I became dependent on it. I found myself drinking every day in the end. Bad things began to happen - people stopped trusting me & didn't know what to say to help. I drove with alcohol in my system - one of many things I swore I'd never do. I had become reckless & it was time to admit I couldn't touch the stuff.

Stay with us - read and post - you can get free, Prop.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Prop, it's great you recognised finally that you need some support- this is definitely the right place for you -we all get it. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Prop, welcome to a great club.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Prop. Glad you came here for help- we have as much as you are willing to accept. Congrats on day one. This can be the last one!
Old 08-29-2022, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Prop. I'm glad you found us.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Prop, I would definitely recommend a medical detox. The doctor will give you meds which will calm down the withdrawal symptoms. You can even do it at home with some Doctors. Then with your head clear, you can start your final recovery. Best Wishes
Old 08-29-2022, 05:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Nice to meet you Prop.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome, You are in good company here. A great support group, but you must use it especially when the cravings hit. Stay strong.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all thanks for the comments. I finally got myself to a meeting. Iam going to go to daily meetings until I get this under control. It was an intense experience hearing other people's stories.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well Prop

D
Old 09-23-2022, 03:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kes

Mate welcome to the club.

Alcohol is the "King" of addictions. Opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, crack etc are baby problems compared to this. You need to get help from a medic buddy. I keep posting this and will continue to post it, go into inpatient detox for 10 days. It saved my life. You will leave without any physical dependence. You won't have any of the nasty withdrawal symptoms, like seizures, panic attacks/horrendous anxiety, DT's, cold sweats etc. They'll give you librium so you feel calm and settled. When you leave you've got a "Headstart" in your journey to a sober life. Go for it buddy, and all the very best - GOOD LUCK
Old 09-23-2022, 05:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kes View Post
Mate welcome to the club.

Alcohol is the "King" of addictions. Opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, crack etc are baby problems compared to this. You need to get help from a medic buddy. I keep posting this and will continue to post it, go into inpatient detox for 10 days. It saved my life. You will leave without any physical dependence. You won't have any of the nasty withdrawal symptoms, like seizures, panic attacks/horrendous anxiety, DT's, cold sweats etc. They'll give you librium so you feel calm and settled. When you leave you've got a "Headstart" in your journey to a sober life. Go for it buddy, and all the very best - GOOD LUCK
I do get terrible anxiety and some paranoia. It reminds me a lot of coming down off meth. I saw my doctor today and got a naltrexone prescription. I am hoping that and committing to AA will get me through this.

One way I am dealing with the anxiety is exercise I go for a long walk. I also remind myself that I am feeling anxious because I stopped drinking and it will pass.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I went to meetings for several months when I was newly sober. They helped for the most part.

I listened to YouTube "nature sounds" videos. They run for several hours. I also listened to only classical instrumental music. I couldn't even listen to any other music. Too rattled.

The walks became a necessary and super helpful thing for me. That and good nutrition, lots of water and trying to get sleep when my body would let me. I stayed away from the news and social media other than this site.

I'm really happy for you. Stay committed and stay vigilant.

One day at a time.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Prop, I found for me, I had to keep busy and occupied and I was quite anxious for several days after I quit. Way more anxious than my normal anxiety. I had to push through it and now I am feeling far better. I wish you the absolute very best.