Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part One

Old 08-11-2022, 03:52 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hate to admit it, but I have taken kratom. Heard it helps to quit drinking. Didn't like it, do not reccomend at all. I've heard it is highly addictive and that people often start using a lot very quickly.
I am super sensitive to everything but alcohol it seems. Well, I am sensitive to that too but in a totally different way that makes me keep drinking the stupid stuff.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me Valentine.
I also have a drama queen daughter. Who is now 21 and experimenting with things I would much rather she didn't. But that is outside my hoola-hoop.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:15 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to anyone I've missed

Hi Imvalentine- I'm gkad its not ketamine but like Citrus said Kratom is not something I would, or a loved one of mine, to get mixed up in.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...m/art-20402171

There's more than one thread in Substance abuse forum about people getting addicted to the stuff.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...not-alone.html (Kratom Addiction - You're Not Alone)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...n-no-joke.html (Kratom Addiction is no Joke)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...07-kratom.html (Kratom)
D
Old 08-11-2022, 05:27 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Oh wow, I am glad those threads exist.
And glad that I very quickly realized that was not a wise path to go down to get sober! Holy cow.

Good to see you Dee!
Old 08-11-2022, 05:36 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Citrus

D
Old 08-11-2022, 06:51 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts everyone and the threads Dee. That was alot of information. ​​​​​​ Nobody I know seems to know much about it. Daughter had Telehealth and it wasn’t very encouraging. Advised to go to treatment in Colorado but unfortunately she’s on Medicaid in Wyoming and the next opening is 6 weeks out. ER here is not interested either. We don’t have a lot of Medical addiction treatment in this State. She was advised to taper down. It’s sold over the counter at Smoke Shops here. I suggested NA.

Anyway I’m going to lay down with Netflix. I’ve had enough for the day!

Sleep well everyone.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:18 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing her the best with her taper Imvalentine. I hope she looks for support like NA, Smart Recovery, or something

D
Old 08-11-2022, 08:40 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I will be thinking the best for her Valentine. Enjoy your Netflix!

I am headed to bed. Grateful for sober sleep again!
Old 08-11-2022, 09:34 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Really struggling to cut off the AV today, it's very loud.. It feels like day 2 or 3 cravings..
Old 08-11-2022, 10:16 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Night Citrus.
Hold on tight, Red. I’m right there with you. I felt compelled to drink. And I told my AV to knock it off. You can too. Sending positive waves of strength.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:29 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Red, Jeeze! That’s incredibly scary! No wonder you can’t sleep. I’m very sorry about your MIL.
I didn’t drink last night and I’m proud of you for not drinking either. You have a lot of your plate. 10k isn’t that massive in the circles that I run with. I might drop down to a 5k just to have a fancy time. But I’m up and dressed and leaving soon. Not as early as I hoped. But still.
Calm…I live close to you. Good morning!

I wanted to share something with all of you. A close friend mine texted me last night a screen shot from a journal that she keeps. She’s been through a lot and she keeps a gratitude journal to remind her of what she’s thankful for. About seven years ago she went through a pretty contentious divorce. And now she has moved back in with her son as he suffers from schizophrenia. She is an incredible friend always so positive and just somebody I love to spend time with. Anyway she texted me a picture of her gratitude journal and in an entry from January and then again in March she wrote that she was grateful for my friendship. I think maybe she had a glass of wine or two because that’s not some thing she would actually text me about. But to see her handwriting and my name written just made me feel so wonderful. It actually kind of brought me to tears so I’m up now and I’m going to go for a run and stay sober today.

If not doing something (ie drinkig) is “work” well I can at least try to do that.
Good to know! Good night Peke. Have a good day/ night all. End of Day 271 for me.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:07 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Night Citrus.
Hold on tight, Red. I’m right there with you. I felt compelled to drink. And I told my AV to knock it off. You can too. Sending positive waves of strength.
Thanks Peke, it's mainly gone but it's lurking around in the shadows ready to pounce at every opportunity..
Old 08-12-2022, 02:10 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Day 10 - no alcohol for me today.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:04 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Congrats on double digits Todd!

271 is amazing Calmself!! 300 is right around the corner.

Red I am glad AV is mostly gone. It will keep getting easier the more we tell it to shut up.

Hi Peke and Suze!

Day 19. I need to go grocery shopping at some point. I started knitting a new sock pattern last night and that is more interesting than making a shopping list, lol.
I think we will have a quiet weekend. Probably go to the lake on Sunday if the weather stays nice. I am going to soak up every moment with the boys before they go back to school. ❤
Old 08-12-2022, 08:37 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Do you think it might help to do the grocery shopping early, love? I know that doing mine in the mornings was much better for me in early sobriety.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi all-
Another busy day for me, just getting a chance to pop in here. Day 6. A *slight* nightmare(if there is such a thing) last night, but much better than earlier this week.
I'm feeling like giving up the booze for good is falicitating (or allowing) lots of positive change in my life. I'm working through a lot of this with my therapist, which is enormously helpful, I highly recommend therapy if possible. I know I'm blessed to be able to afford it.
I wanna throw this out there, I have no idea where I found it originally, but I found I had written it down in one of my journals.
What you think-you become.
What you feel-you attract.
What you imagine-you create.

Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2022, 09:55 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I love that saying Sam. ❤️

It is Buddha.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:03 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

You are right Suze. I think I am putting it off until tomorrow morning. We aren't in dire need of food, lol. And if we need something badly one of the boys can go.
I am just 100% lazy today! But not hungover or drunk... so lazy is ok right?

Sam I love the quote! Well done on 6 days!
Old 08-12-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I love that saying Sam. ❤️

It is Buddha.
Ha, no wonder why I love it!
Old 08-12-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Todd, good work on Day 10.

Calmself, you're doing great on your journey.

Citrus, Day 19 is great and I'm glad you're enjoying the time with your kids.

Sam, like you, I found that removing alcohol from my life allowed for many good things to find their way in. Good job on Day 6.

Peke, I'm so glad you got through your craving.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:04 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I love that Buddha saying. I need to dig out my books again and maybe absorb it when my brain cells settle down. My next move is to vacuum minimumly and take a shower. I feel and smell like a goat.

Citrus I’ve started ordering groceries online again. I forced myself yesterday to pick some up. The poor girl stood back at the car window because of goat smell I think ha-ha.

Im taking my daughter to an NA meeting Monday night. She used every excuse in the book but no go with me! I know the place and it has good Karma. I could use it myself. I’m pretty sure they let alcoholics in also. At least she’ll be exposed to people like us and her.