Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Getting Sober - It all begins and ends with ourselves - Weekenders 11 - 14 February 2022

Notices

Getting Sober - It all begins and ends with ourselves - Weekenders 11 - 14 February 2022

Old 02-11-2022, 06:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I just googled it and 634 weekends have passed so far in my sobriety.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least that’s wonderful!
Old 02-11-2022, 09:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

End of day 90 - Wrapped up the movie ('Munich by Steven Spielberg) and getting ready to hit the sack. Tomorrow my plan is to apply for more jobs and also form a list of companies to apply. I will also sort out my clothes (not using lots due to work from home) and donate few if at all possible. Good night from Seattle!
Old 02-11-2022, 10:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself
Old 02-11-2022, 11:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done least/calmself!

I seem to have avoided a cold or anything worse which is a relief. I have not had one since before the pandemic, mask wearing may well have had some bearing on that as I usually seem to catch a cold most years pre pandemic.

On the cobbles an hour ago.

Attached Images
Old 02-12-2022, 12:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good picture sao. Are those lockups still in use? Also what lies above them? A railway line or a road?
Old 02-12-2022, 01:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Glad your C didn't escalate, Sao. Hope you are feeling more rested today.

I would get your leg checked Least. Swelling in one leg is potentially more serious than in both.

Leshar, I remember as time goes by but strangely don't remember the custard tarts. Maybe because I don't like custard it's a mental block.

I can't believe I slept till 8am this morning, I woke up very disorientated having had nearly 12 hours sleep which is unheard of for me. Normally I wake between 4 and 5am. I could quite happily go back to sleep now but the dogs need walking.

Squirrel watch the other day.

Old 02-12-2022, 03:03 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Look at the sweet pups! Those squirrels don't stand a chance

This is an important weekend....the Big Game is tomorrow....aka "Puppy Bowl Sunday"

Old 02-12-2022, 04:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Cool looking road Sao. There is an old brick road in a small town close by. It's interesting, but very rough.

A friend of mine used to have a dog that had been in the puppy bowl. The puppies do not get paid millions of dollars, in case anyone was wondering. Thank goodness football is no longer an excuse to drink a lot of beer.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Alfie and daisy look to be enjoying their squirrel watching.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We don't have Puppy Bowl here, it must be an overdose of cuteness. It would make me far too puppy broody.

Cityboy, Alfie would literally sit for hours waiting for squirrels, Daisy doesn't have the same sort of drive and only really notices if the squirrel waves in her face!

Anyone play Wordle? I just got mine on the third attempt today.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I've seen people playing Wordle online but I haven't investigated it yet....

You may be able to find Puppy Bowl if you have Animal Planet and/or Discovery Plus....and there are Youtube videos from past episodes if you're interested....Cuteness overload indeed
Old 02-12-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Mr. LHW and I are totally obsessed with Wordle! We play every morning after our coffee. Haven’t done todays yet.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Saoutchik. Lovely photo. I love cobblestones.
Kaily, your pups are adorable! it must be warmer, they don't have their coats on.
I love Portuguese custard tarts, but sadly they're off limits now since I was diagnosed with celiac disease last May. All gluten free diet now.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I've seen people playing Wordle online but I haven't investigated it yet....

You may be able to find Puppy Bowl if you have Animal Planet and/or Discovery Plus....and there are Youtube videos from past episodes if you're interested....Cuteness overload indeed
Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Mr. LHW and I are totally obsessed with Wordle! We play every morning after our coffee. Haven’t done todays yet.
I am now a player. I love it.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
We don't have Puppy Bowl here, it must be an overdose of cuteness. It would make me far too puppy broody.

Cityboy, Alfie would literally sit for hours waiting for squirrels, Daisy doesn't have the same sort of drive and only really notices if the squirrel waves in her face!

Anyone play Wordle? I just got mine on the third attempt today.
It is fun hey? And something we can share.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks for the well wishes, I seem to be fine today.

It's important work that Alfie is doing, someone has to keep tabs on those squirrels.

Good luck to those puppies.

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Good picture sao. Are those lockups still in use? Also what lies above them? A railway line or a road?
They are still in use Robbie, people are having to struggle against the council to keep them that way. Hackney Council don't really like them. That is the London Overground railway track running above them - aka the Ginger Line after the colour of it on the Tube maps.

Attached Images
Old 02-12-2022, 09:27 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sao, glad to hear you are doing better! I got paranoid yesterday that I may have c too, but I too feel a lot better today. My mom is still in quarantine and I'll be picking her up Monday. I just don't want to test positive when I go pick her up, I'll have to wait in the car for her if I do. I'll think positively.
I'm for sure in this weekend. Working on Acceptance and not futurizing.
Great to read all these wonderful posts.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Here we are, all safe and Sober. PolicePup can be seen below on duty at the Kitchen Door; protecting us against marauding Bambis seen in the center background.

Stripping away the artifice of invoking endless excuses to drink was quite the task. To a minor degree, it still is. But, the Heavy Lifting in early Sobriety seemed so daunting, I wasn't up to tackling it for drunken Decades. I think we can achieve what we can imagine. The converse of that is also true. That is, I can't imagine going back to Drinking. And so, I don't/won't. Stripping away the Codie irrelevance of external factors - like Job Satisfaction, or judgmental People - were other significant hurdles. I can't get upset about things I no longer let concern me. A Win -> Win.

Thanks, Mags...

Happiness Is An Inside Job

'Love & Happiness' ~ Al Green

Old 02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Well done least/calmself!

I seem to have avoided a cold or anything worse which is a relief. I have not had one since before the pandemic, mask wearing may well have had some bearing on that as I usually seem to catch a cold most years pre pandemic.

On the cobbles an hour ago.
what a relaxing pic!!! Gm all !