Notices

Self Improvement/Sobriety Accountability Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

But when and how do we grow? How do we escape? The way I escaped is by living through cravings and low periods.

Accept the doldrums. Accept the cravings. Acknowledge them. Sit with them for a second. They are thoughts. So give them a quick consideration. Then let them fly away like a helium balloon and move on. So often we deny our thoughts or feelings. Well that seems silly to me. We do have thoughts. We do have feelings. We just don’t have to let them rule us. So peek at them, wink at them and wish them well. The work is in living through the moments when your skin is crawling and mind is racing and we don’t know what to do with ourselves, but we don’t drink. We are practicing not drinking. We have to practice. So we get through one thing at a time. Grow one mm at a time.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your list sounds like a really good way to approach your day FF....I am always so impressed with how you keep pushing forward and keep trying.

Challenging those thoughts about drinking is really important though - it just makes everything SO much worse....they are just thoughts...you don't have to follow them xx
Old 12-20-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How are things going for you Freedom ?