Notices

As the festive season looms - Weekenders 10- 13 December 2021

Old 12-10-2021, 12:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

So very sorry dear MLD s xx ❤️
Old 12-10-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about your friend MLD, this pandemic is a menace. 5.3 million confirmed deaths worldwide (and probably more in reality) Living in a crowded, bustling city like London I never forget its presence. I will not be letting my guard down. Unfortunately for various reasons Covid guidelines are treated with some scepticism now by those that want to feel that way.

I have actually been out with a few work colleagues this evening, it was supposed to be our Christmas party. We sat outside, it was freezing

Edit. Fine for real penguins but not for me.

Old 12-10-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for your loss MLD.
Best wishes for your mom CBS.

D
Old 12-10-2021, 03:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

My condolences MLD. So sad.
CBS, so sorry about your mom.
PJ, thank you for your story and sharing. You are truly an inspiration.
MesaMan, beautiful pics.
Feel better Least. Your brother sounds like a wonderful person. 💗
Have a great day all
Old 12-10-2021, 09:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello all. Thanks Mags for the thread. I'm in for the weekend please!

Our local NHS Trust organised a late night drop-in Covid booster jab clinic at the town football stadium earlier in the week so I thought I'd go and get my shot. The UK's vaccination programme has been pretty amazing all round and this was no exception - I was in and out within half an hour. One more thing to be grateful for in these challenging times. I'm now 2 * Astrazeneca + 1 * Moderna dosed so I'm a hybrid of sorts :-)

Thank you regulars for all your comments and photos. Welcome to the newcomers - you have found a wonderful place so stay close.

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:35 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

End of Day 28. Ran 4.6 miles in the evening, felt so light and active. Good night from rainy Seattle!
Old 12-10-2021, 09:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sigmoidoscopy was normal for my mom. So her symptoms are a bit of a mystery. Fluid in the abdomen and a lesion on the mri. Lesion may turn out to be hemorrhoids? Maybe it won’t be so bad after all. She is being moved from hospital to rehab. Thanks for all the kind words. 😊
Old 12-10-2021, 10:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS praying your mom.

Marty, so sorry you lost your friend to Covid. It certainly brings it home to us when someone we know dies from the virus.

Forwards, pleased you’re all vaccined up. I was impressed with the efficiency of the clinic when I went for mine too.

Felt rough yesterday with a head cold and it’s trimmings but pleased to say feeling a bit more human today.

MesaMan, I wondered what the black rocks were!

Love to all xxxx
Old 12-11-2021, 01:06 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

prayers mld, cbs and mags
Old 12-11-2021, 04:00 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to read about your friend, MLD.

Sorry you have been feeling rough, Mags. Glad you are on the mend.

I have been busy today sorting out my cupboard under the stairs. I have put up a plastic shelving unit (no drilling) to keep things tidier. I have also put some stuff on freecycle, a site where you can offer stuff for free to others. I mean do I really need brand new bike light and pump if I don't have a bike?
Old 12-11-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Samantha

Can't believe I haven't got to comment yet. I am sorry to hear of everyone's troubles this week .
Myself, I am in for another sober weekend.
thanks all.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer))))

Here for a sober weekend.

Hugs to all who need them!
Old 12-11-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Courage to all Weekenders who need some to go through the day

Have a good Saturday ☼
Old 12-11-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tho it hurt my back badly, I made myself change the straw in the stray cat shelters today. The old straw was dirty and compacted from use. The new straw is nice and fluffy and will keep them warm when they snuggle into it. I always put a pinch of catnip in there to entice them in. They come in for the catnip and stay for the warmth.

Not feeling great today. But glad I got my one task accomplished.

Mags, glad you're feeling better.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I fed the strays tonight on the porch feeding station, I saw my raggedy old tomcat in one of the shelters. Yay! I knew they'd like the fresh straw. Fresh and light and clean.

Neighbor kid came over and fed Billie and took her out. He'll be back at 10 to take her out again and to get paid. I am only too glad to pay him for helping me with Billie. I am so grateful to NK and my dear brother for helping me take care of my beloved beagirl. Her well being is one of my biggest priorities.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I've never been drinking & driving. I've been driving taking benzos, but those just act on GABAa, & not GABAb, the latter being more similar to alcohol. Also, may be too extremely careful when driving. Ironic how I can land a 737 perfectly in a simulator.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, sounds like a good project in your cupboard under the stairs. I love those cupboards for some unknown reason. I love the idea of freecycle. I wonder if we have one round here. I’m sure someone will appreciate a brand new bike lamp and pump.

Least, you’re so kind to care for the strays. Pleased they have somewhere warm to stay.

Love and hugs to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 12-11-2021, 09:40 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love knowing they have shelter, such as it is. No heat in there but their own body heat. I have one of the shelters that's a bit bigger than the other three and I've seen more than one cat come out of it in the winter. I used to make shelters out of cardboard U haul boxes but they got wet from rain and snow blowing into the porch, and would collapse. I had many totes as I used to work for Rubbermaid and had many 'scrap' totes. Got the idea they would make better shelters and the lids would make it easier to clean. So I cut a hole in the end just big enough for a large cat and put straw in it, and a pinch of catnip, and the tote became a house for cats.

When I was little I saw myself as the old cat lady living alone with lots of cats. I only have two but I'd like to think I was a 'cat lady'. I'd rather be the crazy cat lady than the crazy drunk.

Billie is sleeping at my feet. Her devotion to me is so flattering. She loves to lie in my lap upside down, and gaze at me with those big brown dog eyes. A lot of love being transferred back and forth in that gaze.

I hope Daisy is alright and not over-burdened with trials and tribulations. I know she's got her hands full most of the time. Daisy, if you see this, I miss you when you're not here.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

The lamp and pump were picked up within the hour, same with some unused hanging baskets too.

I have a painter coming tomorrow to paint my stairway and landing, it is so long overdue and I don't have the right ladders to do it, nor would my hip thank me.

So Friday I thought I better get some biscuits in ready for tea breaks. To say they have been a source of constant temptation is a understatement. I purposely didn't get any of my favourites but it has made no difference. They are driving me nuts.

What is the etiquette, should I be making him lunch?

And can I go out?

I feel quite nervous of someone being here for 2/3 days, I am so used to being on my own.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:46 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Hang on CBS, even your AV doesn't stand a chance on blowing your one year cake I'm sure!
Courage with your mother, it's cool that you'll celebrate your one year soberversary with her! ☼

We're in this with you (and we want some cake too!)
The cake is a lie.