Notices

As the festive season looms - Weekenders 10- 13 December 2021

Old 12-11-2021, 10:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

End of Day 29. Some minor AV chatter when I went past the beer aisle, just distracted myself and walked on. Good night, folks! Stay strong.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

quiet day, support to all
Old 12-11-2021, 11:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I want the cake. Got the grumps and sads today. AV is poking me. Maybe cake will help
Old 12-12-2021, 01:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
The lamp and pump were picked up within the hour, same with some unused hanging baskets too.

I have a painter coming tomorrow to paint my stairway and landing, it is so long overdue and I don't have the right ladders to do it, nor would my hip thank me.

So Friday I thought I better get some biscuits in ready for tea breaks. To say they have been a source of constant temptation is a understatement. I purposely didn't get any of my favourites but it has made no difference. They are driving me nuts.

What is the etiquette, should I be making him lunch?

And can I go out?

I feel quite nervous of someone being here for 2/3 days, I am so used to being on my own.
When I had a decorator in earlier this year I just let him get on with it. Make the teabags / coffee and biscuits available to them. Perhaps offer to make the first cup. Then go out for an hour or two, leaving your mobile phone number with them and let them know approximately what time you'll be back. Tell them to help themselves to tea / coffee and biscuits. I wouldn't offer to make them lunch. The decorator should have planned for that and have brought some sandwiches. If he hasn't, tough!
Old 12-12-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily I’d do similar to Robbie, though I wouldn’t go out but that’s just me…I’d make them any drinks they wanted with biscuits, my mum-in-law got those small cake bars and left them on a plate for them. I made the window guys sausage and egg baps because they worked out in the cold but wouldn’t if they were in the house working.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

^
those cake bars are a good idea (I'm going shopping now, I just know I'll end up bringing some home, thanks Mags!). I'd only go out just to get some fresh air really, otherwise I'd feel like I was geeting under the decorator's feet. Plus it helps make the time pass faster. That said, if I didn't know anything about the decorator I'd probably stay at home all the time he was in. I found my decorator via my local town's Facebook page so had done enough research about him to feel comfortable going out. I doubt I would have been as trusting if I'd found him via an advert in a shop window / newspaper / on the internet.
Old 12-12-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

The #5 could be interpreted as a bit racy, but otherwise thought it very appropriate for the times.

It always feels strange having someone working in the house. Either feel like you are in the way, or wonder what they are doing in there. Maybe have them a couple of bottle waters and some cookies or something, but I wouldn't worry about any more than that.
Old 12-12-2021, 04:58 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Settling down for the final Formula 1 race of the season. Not quite as much fun as #5 but exciting nonetheless. Come on Lewis!

Old 12-12-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie , ha , yes if I knew them I’d leave them their own. Enjoy your walk (and cake bars)

Saou enjoy F1, it’s in the bag I think.

Sun’s shining
Old 12-12-2021, 05:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Fleetwood Mac! Ive been a fan for so long.

Im still a bit peeved that Lindsey is not in the band. YOU CANT KICK LINDSEY OUT OF THE BAND!
It makes no sense at all. Get some therapy, Fleetwood. This is a marriage and one that has to last until the end of time.
Anyways....I could go on a very long rant about this and I have in the past. Its probably once a year or so that I get on a soap box about Fleetwood Mac and how angered I am over their interpersonal dramas. haha! Man, I get riled up over it.

Have a good Sunday, ALL!
Old 12-12-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Enjoy the race Sao.

I am wondering how much paint will end up on Alfie and Daisy, I'm sure they will want to get involved.

I drove to a country park today, when I parked my car there was a couple screaming at each other. They were in separate cars. When I came back to my car an hour and a half later they were still at it. I couldn't help but hear that he had been unfaithful and she wanted to kill him. Every time he tried to drive away she jumped in front of the car. I felt sad for her, she was fluctuating between anger, hysterics, begging and tears.

It reminded me of my reaction when I found out my husband was having an affair.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Fleetwood - one of my fav's
Old 12-12-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I love both (all?) versions of Fleetwood Mac, from the British blues band of the 1960s through to the Anglo-American giants who gave us the excellent 'Rumours' and more poppier 'Tango In The Night'. It appears that Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham can no longer be in the same room as each other, something that seems to have prompted the latter leaving the group once again. Although it is said to be for the last time, I wouldn't rule out yet another return.

From 1968, here's the original incarnation of the band with the late Peter Green on vocals. Sadly Green died in July 2020. This is beautiful.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:04 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, it’s easy to lose it when you’ve been cheated on. It doesn’t sound like she’ll ever forgive him but still didn’t want to lose him..so sad, I hope she can move on whatever happens.

Great music! I like Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:34 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Kaily, tea and biscuits sound sufficient to me, as well as a lovely and considerate gesture. It seems to be the custom here that contractors bring their own lunch; if contractors were coming for a full day at my home, I would have coffee and donuts available.

Sad to hear about the argument which you stumbled upon; poor woman; her world has been turned upside down. I am sorry that you know all too well.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday Blessings, all.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

City boy, that’s a wonderful list 😍
Old 12-12-2021, 12:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I really like that list Cityboy

(((Kaily))) I’m sorry you had to go through that in your life, and I hope it hasn’t dragged up too much sadness witnessing them arguing like that. I’m also sorry that the poor woman in the car is experiencing that pain now

I love Fleetwood Mac. What a longstanding love-hate relationship Stevie and Lindsey have. They’re brilliant performing together on stage.
Old 12-12-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm another Fleetwood Mac fan. I have a couple of their albums on vinyl. One of these days I'm going to find someone who makes CDs out of vinyl. I have several albums I'd like to have on CD. Like my John Fahey playing his twelve string acoustic guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu-IF_p6W7Q

Old 12-12-2021, 01:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

big fan of Fleetwood Mac.