Notices

As the festive season looms - Weekenders 10- 13 December 2021

Old 12-15-2021, 09:27 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hi All,

My work colleagues have been discussing today how to get their boosters. Omicron is here and coming fast.

Meanwhile, I've been listening to music. David Guetta's 'Titanium' was playing everywhere at one stage when I was in the thick of it so I thought I'd dial it up. And there it was, taking me right back to that pokey small town pub where the bar girl shook her head as she served me just one more.. This kind of immersion therapy would have been too painful a year ago but now I can look back on it, still with a sense of regret but no longer fear.

Anyway, off for my evening walk. Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I've been trying to get my booster forever. The pharmacies have been so crowded probably between this new variant and people wanting boosters and the flu shot. Thankfully I got my flu shot, but I really need a booster too. It's been well over 6 months. I'd just feel more comfortable with it. I'm going to check it out again sometime this week and see if they can fit me it. It's like they barely have time to get your prescriptions done. I'll get one eventually. Not giving up hope.
Take care all. Have a great day.
Grateful for more rain! Every bit!
Old 12-15-2021, 09:47 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

My little state is yet to see the new covid strain spreading scarily. With the nation wide trend of loosening rules and opening borders, it is coming.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:05 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Congratulaions on day 32 calmself

Least I hope the nerve block procedure helps to ease your pain.

I'm going to a funeral this morning. Sadly another close friend of mine died last week and is another who was in his 50s too, the fourth this year. Another lost to cancer too. It brings home my own mortality as the funerals I have been to this year are all for friends who were about the same age as me when they died.
Cancer is a beast. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Robbie.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:44 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Robbie. I'm of the age now where I read the obituaries to see if anyone I know is there. Sadly, that is too often true.

Bit of a cloudy day here today. Sun is trying to peek thru and sometimes does.

Billie is sleeping on her blankies. I took her out at noon and she did a Lawrence Welk for me. ("ah one and ah two...") Now she'll be comfy til bro takes her out when he gets off work. And neighbor kid comes at 10 to take her out for her bedtime potty.

I want more than anything to be able to walk her again. Right now, just taking her in the dog yard out front is too much walking for me and my lower back hurts terribly after I do it. My nerve block appt is in 13 days. I can't wait. I hope and pray that it does away with, or at least reduces, the pain.

Kaily, I love the idea of hiding treats in Billie's purse. She'd smell them in an instant and would immediately search for them. And they're little treats - Fruitables - which she loves. About the size of a nickel. Only 8 calories in one of them.

ETA, I hid four fruitables in the pockets of her purse but it was no good cause all the pocket linings have holes in them so she couldn't get at them to eat them. I took them out for her and won't hide treats in there anymore. At least she got the treats.

Now the smell of them is in the purse and she's looking frantically for what she smells.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:13 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

They enjoy a challenge Least, she would of found a way.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:08 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

Forwards, pleased you got your booster.

Aly I hope you can get yours soon.

My cats kindly woke me up! When I looked at the clock it was only just gone midnight. They was relentless though, so thinking they were trying to warn me of something (the old grey cells had wrote a book on what could be the matter by then , I got up. ) Everything is how it should be. Cats heh
Old 12-15-2021, 05:27 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

^ don't reward them with food or anything, or there'll be no end to these nocturnal summonses
Old 12-15-2021, 07:36 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ lol how true...

My browser has gone wonky. I wonder if it's because I've been rejecting its pleas for an update. I don't update it anymore as every time I do, it goes weird for days afterward. Slow, freezing, unresponsive. Just a real PITA.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:48 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good point Caramel. They did settle down again. They must have seen something outside that caught their interest enough to wake me.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:51 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

End of Day 33. Stay strong, folks. Good night!
Old 12-15-2021, 09:55 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good night calmself, you’re doing great!
Old 12-15-2021, 10:00 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html (Sober tools for the festivities.Weekenders 17-20 December 2021)