Notices

Class of December 2021 Part One

Old 12-12-2021, 10:08 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Tetrax – a very warm welcome to you 😊

Citrus -I’m so sorry you are suffering. Anniversaries are so painful. What a great tribute to your mu though to stay sober.

Scott – amazing pics, thanks for posting. I LOVE snow but we never get any. Although I live in Scotland it’s in a very weird place where it never snows as surrounded by water and on gulf stream so rarely drops below zero.

FF-that sounds yummy. Yours body obviously needs it. Diets can wait ime

Dan-sounds like a busy week. Stick with us especially at this time of year with unexpected cravings.

Calmself – many congrats on 1 month 😊

Day 13. Up early as got dentist. It never fails to amaze me and fill me with such joy and happiness at waking up knowing I didn’t drink last night.

It was a long drive home. But arrive we did and it’s lovely to be back. V busy day. Was a challenging weekend but so relieved I didn’t drink. Not that I had major cravings but it would have been the easier option. Well in the short term at least. But ST perceived benefit does not equate to LT happiness or peace of mind.

Anyway hope everyone has a safe and sober day x
Old 12-12-2021, 10:37 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on nearly two weeks RAL - and congrats again calmself

D
Old 12-13-2021, 12:51 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
day 13 x and wow yesterday was an eventfull day sry that i couldnt make it back on x
Nothing much planned for today
great job on everyone days and weeks and month x hope u all have a good monday x
Old 12-13-2021, 02:08 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Just back from a trip to Colorado for work, all went well! Day 13 and counting 😊

Travel is always a trigger for me, particularly when I stay in hotels by myself. I would scope out where I could buy alcohol before I even book the hotel to make sure I’m covered, preferably near a liquor store since whiskey was my preferred drink (but anything would do in a pinch)..

But not this time! I even looked forward to traveling sober, to not obsess about where I would find alcohol, and to feel fresh in the morning (I would always attempt to be mindful not to drink too much during the evenings since I’d have meetings in the morning, but that didn’t usually work out so well), and everything went great.

This week is another major work week with an important client coming to town, and so am so grateful that I finally poured out that alcohol, I so look forward to being fully present and at the top of my game.

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
QWA MPR, Jewel and BTG I am thinking of you all! Hope you guys get a chance to check in soon. ❤❤❤
Citrus, thank you so much for checking in, that is so sweet! All is well!
Old 12-13-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I’m in need of joining another class. I’m on Day 4 after a 1 day slip. It was so not worth the guilt, embarrassment, and just all around bad feelings I’ve been having ever since. It’s not helping that I have a sinus infection. I really just want to be free of this alcohol. It’s so dangerous and painful.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:00 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good morning

Welcome Bohdi! You are so right that booze isn't worth it. I hope your sinus infection clears up soon.

QWA good to see you, I am glad your work trip went well!

Calmself congrats on a month!!

I am looking forward to a bit of quiet time by myself this morning. It wasn't really a loud weekend with the boy, but they sure know how to fill up a house. Lol. And I dont have to make food for anyone but myself for nearly 12 hours! 😊
Basketball games start tonight for the yongest. Excited to finally watch him play junior high ball.
Have I mentioned my taste and smell are back?! Yay. Poor hubby's is still pretty dull, but he can enjoy food a bit more than he did a week ago.
Ok off to start some tea, laundry and dishes.

Love to you all! ❤
Old 12-13-2021, 06:59 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Moving on to Day 23. Not much on the agenda except my own list of things to do today. We got our Christmas tree up yesterday. Now we need to finish cleaning so we can bring in the rest of the decorations.

Calmself - Congrats on 30 days. That’s great!!

RAL - Congrats on 13 days. Its nice to not drink when you have a challenge isn’t it.

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
It never fails to amaze me and fill me with such joy and happiness at waking up knowing I didn’t drink last night.
I agree 1000% percent.

Erratic - congrats on 13 days as well. I love days with nothing planned. Doesn’t seem to happen very often.

QWA - Congrats to you as well on 13 days.

Originally Posted by QuitWhileAhead View Post
Travel is always a trigger for me, particularly when I stay in hotels by myself. I would scope out where I could buy alcohol before I even book the hotel to make sure I’m covered, preferably near a liquor store since whiskey was my preferred drink (but anything would do in a pinch)
Wow! That statement brings back a wave of memories. I haven’t traveled for business in a couple years now but I also would scope out the liquor stores before traveling. I always rented a car so I could be sure to drive to get booze. Often I would buy a 750 on the way to the airport to ensure that I would have it when I got to the hotel. I would be sure to bring a large zip lock bag to put the bottle in in case it broke. I went to many morning meetings very hungover. God that was exhausting.

Bodhi - Welcome to December. I’m glad you just had a 1 day slip. If I slip, its always 2 to 3 weeks.

Citrus - I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Have a great day friends.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:15 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Samantha

Day 1 for me. Saturday night I couldn't resist...even tidied the house and went for a walk.
of course I drank all day Sunday too.
so now I'm at work on no sleep, super hungover.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
RAL

Welcome back Bodhi and Anxiousrock

Thanks Dee.

Busy day. Dentist then work now home. Mr RAL cooking. I'm on laptop and going to watch a new drama. Early night for me and will wake up at 2 weeks.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening x i will be joining you tomo RAL x also be joining u as i will be going to bed early aaswell. I have had a nice lazy day which im lucky to have x
welcome back anxious x
weldone scott on 23 x
citrus i hope u had a quiet day x
welcome bodhi x
great job also quitewhileahead x
I will say goodnight to you all xx
oh forgot to add i bought a book called love urself sober as someone suggesred so i thought i would have a look.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
RAL

Good night erratic. sleep well
Old 12-13-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Have sweet dreams RAL and Erratic! ❤ And early congrats on 2 weeks to you both!! I am so happy for both of you!
Old 12-13-2021, 12:17 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Good morning, Day 20!!

Thanks so much for all of your kind words and support. I can really feel it helping keep me calm and level.

Heading down the coast today to pick up my mother, hopefully get time to head to the beach to say hi to my late father (He is at rest in a graveyard overlooking the beach).

I seem to be talking to him a lot more recently.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!!

Dan

Old 12-13-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Welcome Tetrax, Bodhi and anxiousrock!

okay that just took me so long to write as my phone likes tetracycline instead of Tetrax and I can’t even remember what it turned Bodhi into. *falls over
Old 12-13-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it back anxiousrock

D
Old 12-13-2021, 12:54 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hello, it is day 1 for me. I'm tired of drinking through the night and waking up late, opening my eyes, and hoping I'm not hungover, wearing the feeling of being reduced to exhaustion, nausea, and impaired memory throughout the day like a shameful bruise. It makes me hate myself and feel like the biggest failure as a father and a supposedly functional adult.

I'm sick of drinking everything in the fridge until I'm straddling buzzed/drunk, wanting more at midnight, and then driving out to get more just to feel like I'm hoarding something I need and I've got enough to keep me safe. I can't keep doing this. It's retarding my life and holding me down in ways I struggle every day to hide from my family and friends.

I wrote down I wouldn't do it and signed and dated it, and will do that again tomorrow. I am glad to find this forum. I will be studying the resources here. I wish you all the greatest strength.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:01 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
End of day 30. Another sober day in the pocket! Good night folks, stay strong. Don' t over think or look far into future ..just do not drink today!

Old 12-13-2021, 01:17 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adamdefender87 View Post
Hello, it is day 1 for me. I'm tired of drinking through the night and waking up late, opening my eyes, and hoping I'm not hungover, wearing the feeling of being reduced to exhaustion, nausea, and impaired memory throughout the day like a shameful bruise. It makes me hate myself and feel like the biggest failure as a father and a supposedly functional adult.

I'm sick of drinking everything in the fridge until I'm straddling buzzed/drunk, wanting more at midnight, and then driving out to get more just to feel like I'm hoarding something I need and I've got enough to keep me safe. I can't keep doing this. It's retarding my life and holding me down in ways I struggle every day to hide from my family and friends.

I wrote down I wouldn't do it and signed and dated it, and will do that again tomorrow. I am glad to find this forum. I will be studying the resources here. I wish you all the greatest strength.
Welcome to SR and to the group dear Adam s ❤️
Old 12-13-2021, 01:37 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Danglez View Post
Good morning, Day 20!!

Thanks so much for all of your kind words and support. I can really feel it helping keep me calm and level.

Heading down the coast today to pick up my mother, hopefully get time to head to the beach to say hi to my late father (He is at rest in a graveyard overlooking the beach).

I seem to be talking to him a lot more recently.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!!

Dan
How lovely that your late father is overlooking the beach! I hope you have time to talk to him

Congrats on 20 days!
Old 12-13-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Welcome Adam!